Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Schlesische posted:

You know the Oilers fans will burn down Edmonton as well in this scenario, yes?

It's for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

I honestly think this is the year the Wild and the Caps finally live up to expectations. I mean, statistically how many times can the Wild lose to the Blackhawks, or the Caps flame out in the second round?
What expectations are we talking about for the Wild? They were always the lower seed, huge underdogs against the 'Hawks in particular and they still ended up winning 2 different series. I don't think they're that good this year either, but it's the first year where I think there are real expectations placed on them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nashville has Cody McLeod actually so they should go gently caress themselves with a urine knife.

HootTheOwl posted:

I honestly think this is the year the Wild and the Caps finally live up to expectations. I mean, statistically how many times can the Wild lose to the Blackhawks, or the Caps flame out in the second round?

You haven't been following the Wild in the last month or so have you?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Schlesische posted:

You know the Oilers fans will burn down Edmonton as well in this scenario, yes?

How would anyone tell?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

The Capitals have an unfair reputation about being second round chokers.

They've choked plenty of times in the first round too.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/848316155584421888

This just happened. He's alert they're taking him off on a stretcher.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Suspicious posted:

Agreed, the Nashville PK Subbans are very likeable.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
NHLAS,

I grew up in San Jose but now live in Detroit. I haven't watched more than a handful of Sharks games this year, but I caught the loss to Calgary yesterday. Can you please answer this question?

What the gently caress happened to the Sharks? On March 15th, they were a lock for the division and had a chance at the 1 seed in the West, maybe the Presidents trophy if they stayed hot (only 6 pts back from the Caps). Over the last 17 days, they're 1-8-0 with the only win a late comeback against the Rangers. They've been outscored 35-16. Brent Burns has 3 points in the last 12 games after having 70 in the first 66. Has anyone been watching these games? What is happening?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Holy poo poo I just saw the Neuvirth thing :(

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sedative posted:

:stonk:

Do they know what happened?

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Mind_Taker posted:

The Capitals have an unfair reputation about being second round chokers.

They've choked plenty of times in the first round too.

Really, the pinnacle of Caps choking happened all the way in the stanley cup final.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

iospace posted:

Suddenly realized what team he's playing for.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

iospace posted:

Apparantly he'd been sick earlier in the day and his teammates were already worried (per CBC)

Hopefully he just blacked out or something

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
N: Matthews scores twice and ties the rookies record for goal for all US born rookies. Toronto leapfrogs Boston and ties Ottawa for 2nd.

V: :toot::toot::toot:

the42ndtourist
Sep 6, 2004

A half-dead thing in the stark, dead world, clean mad for the muck called gold

Stretch Marx posted:

N: Matthews scores twice and ties the rookies record for goal for all US born rookies. Toronto leapfrogs Boston and ties Ottawa for 2nd.

N: Ceci left the game injured.

V: Normally I be very happy, but do they even have a warm body to replace him with? Already kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel with Karlsson and Methot out.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

the42ndtourist posted:

N: Ceci left the game injured.

V: Normally I be very happy, but do they even have a warm body to replace him with? Already kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel with Karlsson and Methot out.

https://twitter.com/SensNation/status/847639596259196928

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

xzzy posted:

Suddenly realized what team he's playing for.

Maybe wait to make sure he's not had an aneurysm or some poo poo before making light of a man collapsing on live television

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Stretch Marx posted:

V: ugly win but :toot::toot::toot:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stretch Marx posted:

Only 40 more to go!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Maybe wait to make sure he's not had an aneurysm or some poo poo before making light of a man collapsing on live television

Yeah it's way funnier if you wait until they die.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

I thought this team was boring before, without Karlsson it's unwatchable. gently caress systems coaches, this is supposed to be entertainment

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Stretch Marx posted:

Oh also technically Toronto is in sole possession of second by virtue of higher ROW

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
https://streamable.com/pv3ts

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kill the loser point.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Jesus christ, that flying elbow by Weise into Palmieri(?)'s head and the stanchion :stonk:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/anthonyzych/status/848229988004499457

This is the guy who did all those CBJ game day posters last season, so if you liked those and your team's going to the playoffs, you might get some sweet artwork.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I am not ready for Playoff Posters though.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mike_V posted:

Chicago won a game on a night I made a post so my self imposed taboo was broken! Just in time for playoff panic!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I just post infrequently, am I cool?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Mike_V posted:

Dehumanize yourself and embrace the poo poo posts

Aurora posted:

I just post infrequently, am I cool?

Yea

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

The Oilers are 1st in the Pacific in April. This is not a joke.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kilza posted:

Probably will be 1st to be eliminated though.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
the oilers have returned, babe

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

violent sex idiot posted:

the oilers have returned, babe

Four games only! Catch them while they're still here!

(I'm sorry, I'll stop)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iospace posted:

Probably will be 1st to be eliminated though.

Have you watched a sharks game lately? In their last 10 games, the oilers are 9-1-0 with wins against both Anaheim and San Jose. San Jose are 2-8-0 with losses to Anaheim, Edmonton, Calgary, and Nashville, one of which they'll play in the first round.

The bracket again sets up the battle of alberta and the battle of ontario, but a couple hilarious scenarios exist now. Calgary is only 1 point behind San Jose, and nashville is only 2 points behind, so if they continue their slide, calgary could kick them down to the first wildcard slot, putting them up against the leaders of the pacific division, the edmonton oilers(ooh that feels good), and nashville could knock them down to the second slot kicking them over to the other side of the bracket with the Blackhawks and wild.

edit: if the panthers win all 4 remaining games, the losers of next saturday's Sharks-Flames game will face Chicago in the first round.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 2, 2017

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Kilza posted:

their last four games: sharks, three non-playoff teams (kings, canucks*2)

you gotta believe

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Powershift posted:

Have you watched a sharks game lately? In their last 10 games, the oilers are 9-1-0 with wins against both Anaheim and San Jose. San Jose are 2-8-0 with losses to Anaheim, Edmonton, Calgary, and Nashville, one of which they'll play in the first round.

The bracket again sets up the battle of alberta and the battle of ontario, but a couple hilarious scenarios exist now. Calgary is only 1 point behind San Jose, and nashville is only 2 points behind, so if they continue their slide, calgary could kick them down to the first wildcard slot, putting them up against the leaders of the pacific division, the edmonton oilers(ooh that feels good), and nashville could knock them down to the second slot kicking them over to the other side of the bracket with the Blackhawks and wild.

edit: if the panthers win all 4 remaining games, the losers of next saturday's Sharks-Flames game will face Chicago in the first round.

I was making 1st/1st/1st jokes. Let me make my bad jokes in piece before you rip them apart!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

fits posted:

their last four games: sharks, three non-playoff teams (kings, canucks*2)

you gotta believe

So 3 teams that have already given up on the year.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Unless it's funny.

His joke was funny.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I turn 34 on April 26th and they've only missed the playoffs three times since then. Oh and their solution to missing in '82? Drafting Steve fuckin' Yzerman.

The Detroit Red Wings Will Win The Draft Lottery

sedative posted:

I hope he's ok because this is pro av material

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/anthonyzych/status/848229988004499457

This is the guy who did all those CBJ game day posters last season, so if you liked those and your team's going to the playoffs, you might get some sweet artwork.

Why couldn't you have done this literally any of the last 25 years you dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
If the season ended today, the West's playoff match-ups would be perfect.

Chicago vs. Nashville
Minnesota vs. St. Louis
Edmonton vs. Calgary
Anaheim vs. San Jose

• Locked thread