Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Don't forget the wild! They suck too now! No I'm not projecting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So is anyone going to be alive after the pens jackets first series? Will a wild maf appear? Will Sid successfully castrate someone?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Poor Iggy.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So MacArthur is going to die on the ice, right?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So they're hosed?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Caps tickets are insanely cheap, even in the playoffs, and it rules.

I'm pretty sure I've told this story before but I went to the playoff game in 09 when Ovechkin and Crosby both had hat tricks. I sat in the middle bowl, center ice, for like $150. It was the best.

I got tickets to the Sens Habs playoff game (game 3 iirc) that saw pageau score 3, pageau and price lose teeth, a playoff record for PIM in a game, and a home team rout. It was bonkers.

Not the best seats, but I scalped tickets right at the start of the game for something like $70 apiece. Some fine bilingual chirping that night.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Have a sharks, Bengals, rockies, and raptors fan in your life? Well, have I got the product for you!

Alternatively, can someone explain this to me?

E: only 16 bux!

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 8, 2017

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I think Toronto Ottawa would be a fun series.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gordie's probably got at least a few months left.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, 80 percent of the attendance in Ottawa will be leafs fans. I hope they ban leafs sweaters again.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Perfect, now fire the goaltenders and the defence.

Realtalk tho, ruff was perfectly fine, he was just given poo poo to work with and everyone was broken for half the season. Seems he's just fine with retiring.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

One more season at 10.4 mil for that trashfire duo.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Pick up the loving phone, Nill.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Well, they can just can hitch along with Nill next offseason or so.

They could try to repair the D corps with a few signings, but the picking are slim outside of shatty and Alzner, and either one would be expensive and loooong. I'm sure Nill is still fine with the worst goaltending in the league, so nothing matters there loving whatever. Team should be healthy next year, so should be a playoff threat again. Another year to spin the wheels and waste more Seguin/Benn prime. Hooray!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

DOOMocrat posted:

Not only did they ditch their 2008 coach for a 1998 coach...

https://twitter.com/JoshL1220/status/852198533864226817

Because this all worked out SO WELL before

Hey, maybe just one more lost season and they can bring in some fresh blood. Or just double down and keep doing what's clearly not working!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

We should have this conversation again.

E: oh, new page. Well, jagr said he wasn't sure about returning to the panthers next season. Though he wasn't explicit, he seems to take it as a given that he'll be back somewhere next season. Flo foreva.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 12, 2017

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Well, better hope a cable company never obtains exclusive rights to the content you want. Though I'm sure there's some kind of commission in place that would prevent such a prevented marriage or interest.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Powershift posted:

I'm in canada, that's already a thing. The big 4 already own all the stations that license the american content.

Rogers(think rogers center, rogers arena, rogers place) owns sportsnet who has all the NHL games. If you have a cable sub, you can log in with it to watch the games online for free, if you don't, it's $25 a month for streaming of their channel.

It's not bad, you get every single hockey game for your local market, and maybe 50% of the out of market games aren't blacked out, and every single blue jays game. It's $18 to add all those channels to your existing cable package, so if hockey or blue jays baseball are all you care about you can pay $100 less on the cable bill and $7 more for the sportsnet thing.

TSN, owned by Bell(think bell center), still forces you to have a cable sub, but getting somebody with a cable sub to set up an e-mail for you on their account is good enough.

Don't you have some sort of government agency in place to prevent such monopolistic practices? I assume they don't routinely put execs from BCE and Roger's on their board. That would be too crazy.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I see. You must have really great cell service and affordable voice and data plans.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, like civilisation will exist in 3 years, let alone 3 decades.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Nah, it's always been twitch. We'd just be democracy and Benning is anarchy.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Serviceable young goalies going for picks? Why, yes, Nill is still asleep. Don't bother him.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

ThinkTank posted:

Darling is a UFA on July 1st. That's kind of a hefty price to pay for someone who could walk for nothing in a couple months, especially one who isn't a star.

Ah, thought he had another year.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Draft rules, Canucks drool.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

CommaToes posted:

Krz is the best name on there.

True.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lotta cane waving going on itt.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Furnaceface posted:

You joke like you wont be doing it too when you get to our age. By then people will be substituting emojiis and poo poo in there for vowels.

Bro, I'm old AF.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Maaaaaaaaf

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hahahahhah

*breathe*

AAAAHHAHAHHAH

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

gently caress the ducks and all, but with the win the stars second round pick they got for eaves turns into a first. And they're picking 3rd overall to boot!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Neat.

Considering they're a year removed from winning a strong west and they have a full slate in this year's draft including two firsts and one in the top three, I think they'll bounce back alright. I feel like bishop could go either way but he's definitely an upgrade. Now just spend a couple picks to get Vegas to take garbage Finn 1 or 2, sign, I dunno, orlov and another plug on D, and not have the whole team dead to start the season.

Things trending up.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Starsfan posted:

I dunno, there's alot of rubbish filling the lineup at the moment..

There's literally almost too many things on the to-do list to even predict how the roster will look like next season. Stars management needs to earn it's salary this offseason.

Oh, no doubt. And Nill and Co haven't been impressing anyone lately, but they're in a good position with a good core of forwards, they addressed the goaltending issue (3 years too late), and look good in the medium to long term, IMO.

That said, other than goaltending and an average or slightly below d corps they were in decent shape heading into the offseason last year and welp.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

"wrestling"

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Didn't Jose Theodore sideline himself for like a month while washing his truck?

I see all these excuses and just assume they're bs and the truth is drunk / high idiots doing idiot things.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

E ^^^- it was very soft and he didn't even react to it. Plus the whole play was possible in the first place because he made a poor decision to play the puck (and his defender coughed it up).

Holtbys playoff numbers were pretty awful. He had some good games but just let in far too many softies. He finished 12th overall among the 16 starters. That's bad.

The rest of the team had some sleepy moments, but overall they drove possession and got great looks. Just couldn't finish enough and got really lovely goaltending while running I to a stupidly hot fleury.

Blaming an individual player is dumb bit if I had to point a finger I'm going with Holtby way before ovi. Orpik was pretty bad too.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 11, 2017

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Stars will take Eberle for a first and a Finnish goaltender. Take your pick, it doesn't matter. You get a pick and cap relief after next season, we get an Eberle to bounce back and play, I dunno, on the third line.

Oh, and when The Final Solution is run out of town we'll give you the same package we paid for Seguin.

/hf board quality post

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 11, 2017

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

JawKnee posted:

Canucks Army guys are spitballing on a podcast about taking one of the finnish goalies, not resigning Miller, and asking for Dallas #3 overall in return for... I don't remember. One of the D-men maybe?

sounds nuts.

Lol, a top 3 pick to dump one year worth of salary when we've got 20+ mil to play with. I mean, Nill has been making dumb moves lately but that would be absurd.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

JawKnee posted:

think they were spitballing Tanev, who is a top shutdown d-man in his prime.

Ah, missed that bit. I'd gladly do it for the ducks first but a top 3 still seems pretty steep (poo poo draft year or not).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Comparing any hypothetical trade to the hall trade is dumb and you know it. Tanev is a boring, stay at home defenceman who'll put up, what 15 points a year? No one is dumb enough to trade a top 3 pick at that.

More to the point, the Stars have enough picks to offer a 3rd or 4th rounder for someone to take one of the finns off their hands, but why bother? They're both off the books after next season and the stars are swimming in cap space.

• Locked thread