Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Schlesische posted:

You know the Oilers fans will burn down Edmonton as well in this scenario, yes?

How would anyone tell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

iospace posted:

:stonk:

Do they know what happened?

Apparantly he'd been sick earlier in the day and his teammates were already worried (per CBC)

Hopefully he just blacked out or something

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm not sure players would have any incentive to, but I really want them to opt out of whatever WCH plans the NHL puts forward now.

I'm really peeved and if I had any conviction I would boycott the NHL but we all know that's not going to happen.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Good. I wish more players wanted this badly enough to just up and go.

I mean, we'll see whether he actually ups and goes or not.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Spoiler alert: we all eventually die.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Toronto is a legit ok/good team this year so they'll make it in. I'm more concerned about Montreal losing a game to the Buffalo Sabres hockey organization.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Duke Chin posted:

That'd be pretty cool/funny.

Good news then, it happened last night!! :q:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

There will be comedy if the Leafs miss, but honestly I'm much more interested in seeing them in the playoffs. I suppose I'm okay with either outcome.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm happy for LAS :3:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Alllllmost time for the prediction game!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Someone is going to pick Therrien over Sutter and it's going to be glorious lol

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

DO THE THERRIEN, BUFFALO

Do it.

I dare you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TphEh0Qgv0

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Buffalo should work out some way to get contracted and expanded-to in the same year. They could really use an expansion draft to shore up that roster.

iospace posted:

The Monkey's Paw finger curls, as Therrien leads the Buffalo Sabres to 3 cups in 5 years, knocking out the Habs in the ECF each time.

Then we all wake up and realize we drifted off during another Pens stanley cup parade broadcast on NBC.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Oh look I'm loving angry at Bergevin all over again.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

These are my favourite TDDB and I'm pleased to see the hockey crossover :cool:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Good.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Great game last night. If only there was some way to immortalize Corey Perry's feelings on the matter.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm imagining that's HK's head on his desk when he checks this thread in a bit.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

DJExile posted:

Competition committee has proposed two rule changes that will do precisely squat. No time-out calls allowed after icing, and

so basically now get ready for every goalie to have an equipment issue when their team ices the puck.

What the gently caress, why is this even a thing?

No line change is already punitive in that you have to waste your timeout which could land you in trouble later. Why do we need more than that? What is wrong with this game that they are constantly trying to fix it?

Next dumb step: Duhh let's make icing a penalty and see how that affects the game

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

yellowcar posted:

Holy poo poo. Real character guy eh.

Uhh, if I were going through a divorce I'd probably want to protect my assets as well. I guess how it's viewed depends entirely on the circumstances of their relationship. If it's amicable then I suppose it could be seen as a dick move, but either way I think it's smart, financially.

Unless you mean a character guy for getting a divorce in which case I dunno what to tell you -- sometimes people don't stay marred v:smith:v .. I thought mine would last forever too but at least I didn't have millions of dollars to worry about protecting when it didn't :unsmith:

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 9, 2017

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

DJExile posted:

and sorry marty :( hang in there

It's okay, that was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away :cool:

yellowcar posted:

I was really going for a dig at Bergevin. Didn't really mean any offense, Marty.

Oh it's ok, no offense taken :)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

fuckin sigh

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

HAS right now:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Drunk Canuck posted:

I am utterly confused at what the hell Bergevin is doing but this Drouin deal is a steal

AND HE GETS SIGNED TO A BRILLIANT CONTRACT I AM MAD.

Don't worry, next he'll trade Price for Miller and I will put a gun in my mouth

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe they offered him a front office job?

Or hired a crooked doctor to clear him for the buyout. Dr. Creepy Rory, MD.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Emelin for anyone. Go.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Wait did you print, hand note and then re-scan that?

I merely posted a legitimate doctor's note.

My handwriting is much less atrocious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

iospace posted:

You get *checks notes* Dan Girardi.

"Cursed monkey's paw", I spat from my rooftop vantage point, seconds before I leapt, casting my body upon the ground. Those who witnessed my end could only shake their head in remorse before lamenting "Bergevin: bad man"

• Locked thread