Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Suspicious posted:

Agreed, the Nashville PK Subbans are very likeable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/anthonyzych/status/848229988004499457

This is the guy who did all those CBJ game day posters last season, so if you liked those and your team's going to the playoffs, you might get some sweet artwork.

Those posters were great, looking forward to this

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
People who own sports teams are garbage people.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

glynnenstein posted:

Toronto only has like a 2.3% chance to miss the playoffs at this point.

Hmm... That's about as unlikely as a 3 goal 3rd period comeback...

Given the schedules of Toronto, Tampa, and the Islanders, it's not inconceivable that they might miss. If they lose to Tampa tonight they're in trouble, since their last two games are against the Pens and Blue Jackets, and meanwhile Tampa's last two are against Montreal and Buffalo. (Also the Islanders last three are agains Carolina, New Jersey and Ottawa).

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Schlesische posted:

Toronto is in for sure, and the Habs are in cruise mode. They've got absolutely nothing to win for right now and can take the foot off the throttle for a few games. Hey, maybe keep Lindgren around and give him a few more games of NHL hockey.

I don't see the magical confluence of:
1) Toronto losing all 3 remaining games
2) Bolts/Isles winning all 3 of their remaining games

It could happen. Mathematically, it is a possibility, but I wouldn't be putting money on it.

It really hinges on the Toronto - Tampa game tonight. If Toronto loses they have two very tough games (Pens, CBJ) to finish the season, while Tampa has two relatively easy games (Habs, which as you mention are cruising, and Buffalo).

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Chad Sexington posted:

For that much money I got a regular season package against CBJ with unlimited food, unlimited booze, and this view.

It looks like space itself is warping

Good view

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

yellowcar posted:

Also the Habs recently lost the mighty Buffalo Sabres.

Yeah but they always lose to the sabres.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
"playoff odds down 6.9 to 81.6%"

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Martytoof posted:

Someone is going to pick Therrien over Sutter and it's going to be glorious lol

Maybe the Kings will take him...

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Powershift posted:

At least make it their respective animals.

The mighty and majestic wild, howling at the moon

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Levitate posted:

I have to say I thought Radulov was quite good and Pacioretty had some good looks but I do think it's fair to say they needed more from him. But it's also a bit easier to "shut down" those guys when they're the only legitimate scoring threats on the team unless Gallagher happens to be sitting on Lundqvist again

This is really the problem, they have no depth at all. Any good coach can do a decent job of shutting down a team with only one good line.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Duke Chin posted:

Go Nashville v. Caps

Yeah

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
I had Bergevin all wrong, he was doing P.K. a solid by trading him to a team with a shot

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Mind_Taker posted:

So Ovechkin had a lower body injury and was on pain-killing injections. Not going to Worlds which is a big deal for him.

Sucks but I can't really complain about injuries given the team they lost to.

Like honestly I'm looking at the series and it really just seems like it was Fleury being much, much better than Holtby which decided the series.

I guess this is from when his knee bent the wrong way?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
What the Caps need is a loving team psychologist or something. They need therapy.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Verviticus posted:

that seems like a terrible way to evaluate a contract. what if that player scored 2500 goals a year but could only play 8%?

In this instance I do recommend giving the player the maximum salary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Haha do not read the CanPol thread, why would anyone do that to themselves?

Anyway who's this guy the habs drafted? I assume he's awful?

• Locked thread