Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Question: How do you prefer a score and ranking system to be implemented in a game?
Alf's 49th Favorite Game Teaser: You can die by getting stepped on

It's maybe kind of discouraging sometimes but I like the platinum games/DMC thing where you get a rating after every single fight. It's satisfying once things start to click and if you really get into the game then trying to pull off a perfect run (SSS/pure platinum/rainbow V etc) is a fun challenge. Also the MGS rankings where they give you a codename at the end of the run are good too/big boss + foxhound ranks are more good challenge runs (and when I was a kid and didn't understand how the ranking system worked the game telling me my codename was shark or w/e made me feel extremely cool)

I was trying to think of a ranking/scoring system I dislike but I guess I'm usually glad they're there because they give you reasons to replay. Maybe the type of scoring you see in old arcade games where it's just points

and I don't know what it would be like since you already played Megamix but I think Rhythm Heaven on DS is probably still worth buying (i played them in order so idk)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's a good thread

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is Shadow Yosuke really the standout shadow encounter for people? I guess I never really thought about it but it's maybe less memorable to me since it's basically just the tutorial

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

This was fun to follow thank you for doing it

• Locked thread