Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I'm glad this is cataloged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Watched 25 episodes of anime today. It's been very productive.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

StandardVC10 posted:

I watched four episodes of Yama no Susume in a row once, and before that I might have done three Natsume Yuujinchous in a day... really I'm not sure how you manage 25.
You just sit down and watch stuff. One time I think I watched something like 40-50 episodes of Shugo Chara in one day.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I may have also done similar with Jojos.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Advanced anime techniques itt: just get hype, sit down, and watch some stuff.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

50 twenty minute episodes is about 16-17 hours, clipping off op/ed.

Also you can eat while watching things! You don't need eyes to eat!

E: Or maybe robots do. I dunno.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Maybe if you're watching them one at a time. I think of it as watching the op and ed once for a really, really long movie.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

littleorv posted:

Go outside
I'll go wherever I wanna.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

littleorv posted:

Don't go inside a movie theatre
Screw you, Imma go watch ghost in the shell!

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Selector WIXOSS finished!

That was pretty good. Needed more Akira though. Ending felt a bit too stretched out after you basically figure out how it's going to go.

Kind of makes me want to play Magic: The Gathering again too.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

How am I....going to watch all this anime?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Terper posted:

Combine your priorities and play Persona 5
A powerful technique!

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

lol

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Hmmmm....I apparently forgot to add macross frontier to my watch queue.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Quest For Glory II posted:

when for yona of the dawn

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

El Burbo posted:

picked up
Is there more to the character than that, or is that basically their character

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

What even is that anyway

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I'd post in the magical girl thread.

chumbler posted:

A boy, obviously.
Ok, I walked into that one.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

More manga should use shakycam imho.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I want a yuri where they dismantle the oppressive systems keeping true love from blooming on the battlefield.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

chumbler posted:

Shitsurakuen. Content warning that there is abuse and violence in it, to put it delicately.

It's by the same person as terrifying gambling girls if I remember correctly.
Dark Souls Utena is not quite what I was expecting out of saying that.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Yeah that was pretty close.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

chumbler posted:

Shitsurakuen. Content warning that there is abuse and violence in it, to put it delicately.

It's by the same person as terrifying gambling girls if I remember correctly.
A lot of it was pretty good but especially the direction towards the end seemed kind of odd with the getting back together with the abusers thing.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Dzhay posted:

This very large cat was in the news recently:

I didn't think you could keep a lion in most places?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

chumbler posted:

Pff who still has dreams, let alone remembering them longer than for like 5 minutes after you wake up.
Almost every night. I could fill a small book most weeks if I bothered to write them all down.

Apologies in advance for stealing all your dreams.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I did dream journaling for a while, but eventually I decided I wanted to get up and do something that wasn't write down my dreams for half an hour or so after waking up.

Not to mention I didn't want to risk people finding out half of the stuff so I wasn't going to write them all down anyway.

Mill Village posted:

All my dreams are really stressful and/or depressing.
A lot of mine are what I would describe as tense.

I will give chumbler back all the false awakenings for sure though.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

For me it's usually pretty easy to tell if I'm in a dream if I manage to pay proper attention. Dreams just have a different quality for me. Like everything is made of feelings and raw thoughts that are painted over with colors and textures. Also that I tend to dream in third person from a kind of 6th sense god-perspective, so I'm sorta/kinda watching who or whatever is designated as myself at the time doing things. Things also tend to get moved or interacted with by sort of thinking about them having been moved or interacted with so it becomes so rather than strictly walking around to do things like in real life.

I usually try to stick to the "rules" of the dream though, because too much brute force tends to wind up in waking up. I tend to reserve blatant large breaks for nightmare stopping.

Julias posted:

You know what, Kylra is right, dream journals do make the owners sound like a psychopath at times.
Well, at least you didn't get shot repeatedly or going around stabbing people or something to that effect.

My dreams last night involved me trying to extricate myself from a situation where some ostensibly friendly to me coworkers were talking about how they wanted to hurt gay people and were making "you're not one of them are you" type statements/body language for several dream-hours of dreamtime before I finally woke up.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

People only ever seem to share their dreams and never their interpretations of those dreams, I wonder why that is.

Julias posted:

I'll self analyze my dreams; sometimes there's significant meaning to it, sometimes it's just unconscious ideas mish-mashing.
Often mine have meanings that I can just feel out the sources behind. Last night's was fairly obvious I think.

The video game dreams are much more pleasant. One that comes to mind right now was like a Trine/Mario mashup after having gone through one of the trine games then-recently, so I basically played video games in my sleep for a few seeming hours that night.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

homeless snail posted:

each night I destroy all my remaining tabs and each morning I start the day anew
Teach me the ways of tab zen.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Matoi Ryuko posted:

You can do some things to mitigate the damage of becoming overzealous with your dream control, firstly you can try looking at your arms, this does a pretty good job of rerooting you in the dream. Alot if people will sometimes wake themselves up trying to levitate themselves in a dream, what you can do to prevent this is to look for a magical item that will give you the power of flight instead of just wishing yourself aloft.
Looking at my arms probably won't work all that well from third person. I usually just try to relax my voluntary thoughts some and let things happen some more for a while until it feels more stable. That usually works unless I'm in some kind of persistent pre-nightmare state.

Flight is generally a pretty easy buy in my dreams. Some arm flapping or maybe swimming type motions and it's good. More difficult is like deleting or drastically altering entire people that are the focus of the current dream script, removing important items, altering "fated" future dream events, or defanging threats (sometimes literally) I can't seem to deflect or avoid.

Like sometimes in the game dreams a "bug" will happen in dream script and it will start looping over one segment until I nudge it forward with a kind of feeling like "I want this to happen now", and that's usually pretty easy because things are blank after that. But other times I'll know like a dream hour in dream-future I'm going to get brutally run over by a car by some person I'm interacting with in dream-present, and that tends to be tougher to avoid without self-waking out of the dream.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

homeless snail posted:

the recurring dream where I am a very cute girl, what could it mean??
You're destined for cuteness

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

homeless snail posted:

I don't seem to have a button that looks like that on chrome. I guess I'm doomed.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

AnoHito posted:

:same:

If I ever have more than like four or five tabs open at once, I begin to feel mildly unsettled. If you ever have more than that, most of them are probably useless.
I have a few SA tabs, a few email clients, 11 tabs for wiki info for games I am playing, a couple chat rooms, anime streaming sites, a couple manga in progress, 5 game forums, several documents I'm working on, a couple twitter accounts I am following for game info, 4 for youtube stuff I am currently watching/listening to, a few game maps, 3 searches I am still following on, a half dozen tech manuals, a few character sheets, and 4 game manuals for tabletop stuff.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

AnoHito posted:

Learning to tell when I'm dreaming taught me that knowing you're dreaming ruins the fun of dreaming. My dreams usually kick rear end, why would I ever want to ruin the fun adventure they give me?
Yeah I usually let them more or less do their own thing unless they're heading into nightmaretown or stalling. That's just not too infrequent.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

El Burbo posted:

i have that button and sometimes i press it because chrome takes up lotsa memory with so many tabs but when i open chrome again

they somehow always come back again
I have a solution for you.

(Granblue Raidfinder seems to have memory leaked me again)

AnoHito posted:

Protip: closing a tab doesn't mean you can never return to that page ever again. You can close stuff and just reopen it when it's actually relevant.
They're all relatively in use right now, and I have a bunch of specific sections open for references, so that seems like a lot of extra effort.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I have recently discovered I am very bad at tab zen.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I just realized I have so much anime to watch oh my god.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Wark Say posted:

How's your Thursday (or Friday for peeps in a far-east Time Zone) going so far, by the way? Today, a senior told me over a phone meeting "Wark, please drink your coffee; you sound like Porky Pig"
Just say abidehabidehabideh that's all folks at the next meeting today and all will be forgiven.

Mine is filled with computers as typical. They don't care how I talk. Mostly.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

They are extremely picky about how I type though.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Wark Say posted:

Do you work as the the on-site support / IT guy? That description reminded me of a lot of the thoughts that went through my head when I did On-Site Support / IT for a Call Center.
I do in-house top to bottom IT for a whole company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Finally, a life size figure of Ed.
Goldmine

• Locked thread