Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Fire emblem fates' story is very very dumb, but at least the gameplay is enjoyable. Sometimes the writing is dumb and corny in a fun way. I want to marry Oboro, but then I'll be out of a kid, but who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
HOUSE is a hell of a movie and you should all watch it if you haven't already. Goddamn.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I watched the first mobile suit gundam movie and I will say that it's very very good.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Garma is moe.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Whoa is hibiki confirmed for dead by the end in the very first episode of symphogear? That's pretty intense. :stare:

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Alright, I just watched the first fight against the noise in symphogear and that was pretty metal.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Just finished the first episode and I want to say that Symphogear is Good.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
statistics sucks. time to chill with some symphogear

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Math is easy when it's just plugging in the numbers right but when you actually have to interpret words and use those words to figure out math it's hard.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I've gotten to that point where I have to decide whom to marry in fire emblem. My sister*, my brother's subordinate, or a prepromote who I'll need to grind way more support points than the other two.

*not blood related

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Also I'm up to episode 5 of symphogear and the blond haired woman making nefarious plans while being completely naked was pretty great. The show is a good balance of :3: and :madmax:

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

El Burbo posted:

Wait

Which sister though

Hinoka.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
It's and vs and

Also there's scarlet but I don't really want to grind up the support :effort:

Edit: there was a broken link here, but it's gone now.

hostess with the Moltres fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 8, 2017

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I think I'll marry Hinoka since I think she's the cutest and it'll let me make oboro's dream of getting with Takumi true.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Thinking on it I'm going to have to agree with littleorv. Oboro is more fun as a character. It doesn't really matter which wife I pick in an honestly badly written jrpg, but it's still fun to talk about anyway.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Oboro's confession was cute :3:

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
https://twitter.com/1234imoimo/status/861239532682829825

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Hibiki and Miku not being able to hang out is :smith:

That gag where Hibiki thinks Tsubasa was kidnapped is great tho

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I did Hinoka's S rank support and somehow I liked it more than Oboro's support and I don't give a gently caress

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Even though the conceit it brings up is unbearably stupid and undermines a major point of the game.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Shark boy and lava girl is a hell of a movie

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

The Colonel posted:

why the gently caress did you watch that garbage instead of spy kids 3d: game over

The group was really into the idea of shark boy and lava girl for some reason, even though all 3 spy kids movies are objectively better.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I just watched the 1st 4 episodes of evangelion and it was very good. I also drank a bunch of alcohol 🙃

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Dangerous Person posted:

Keep it up. It's a really light hearted show with a satisfying ending

I've absorbed most of what I know about evangelion from osmosis but I get pretty taken aback by how cheerful some moments are. Of course, most of the show has not been so cheerful. It's very relatable too. I like that Misato isn't just the smart, capable older female guide but clearly someone with their own set of messed up issues like Shinji.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Dangerous Person posted:

I think I had been spoiled on almost every major plot point of Evangelion but my brain was still hosed by the time I got to the end of EoE

That simulwatch was a hell of a thing

Yeah, me too. I'm still enjoying it for the cinematography and moment to moment of the story that you just can't get from reading a synopsis or seeing bits on youtube. I loved that scene where Shinji is on the train and the crowd gradually disappeared, leaving him alone. That's some good visual storytelling right there. The friend I was watching it with wasn't a fan since it wasn't concrete enough, which is too bad.

Edit: not that it's bad to dislike nge or anything.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
The legend of koizumi is really silly. I bet koizumi was a really lovely politician in real life though :(

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I don't think it ever gets mentioned how close the universe dying from entropy is in Madoda. Is it 10 years off or a couple trillion? We also never see who profits from the magical girl cycle other than kyubey or who else is involved. It might be an interesting thing to go into if they ever do make another Madoka movie.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I've seen posts from webcomic artists and other posters that Rebellion missed the whole point of the original series, and I've seen posts saying it one of the best things to come out of the franchise. Seems like something good to watch.

hostess with the Moltres fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 19, 2017

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59BHpVNOsUY

Some parts might be :nsfw:

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Sometimes I think the prequels would be fun to watch since they're so bad and weird and so different from the Disney Star Wars movies. On the other hand, I'd probably just get really bored.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

West coast has in n out. Which i miss greatly.

I live in NC which has Cookout which is pretty good. It's worth going to for the milkshakes at least.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Erg posted:

Can confirm cookout is good

Wish I was going to cookout instead of Wendy's tonight, but that's just the way the world is.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Avshalom, and now Dilbert... reregs are getting perms banned all over the place

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I was stuck in a waiting room for an hour so I read a bunch of MHA and I was struck by how by the book and rule oriented the students are. It's really different from most high school settings.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
im taking a break from kusoge fe fates (maybe indefinitely) after my dumbass corrin got critted by the boss after going through 19 turns for a chapter, and im going to watch some symphogear.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
the chief in symphogear is a true badass

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
hibiki and chris made up :unsmith:

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Wark Say posted:

Wait, FE:Fates was a kusoge? Have yet to buy it but wasn't it very similar to Awakening gameplay wise? :confused:

i was mostly being facetious because i was stuck on chapter 25 of birthright, but the gameplay gets kind of boring, and then unfair. Also all of the writing is way more bland than awakenings'. I found myself just skimming past the 10-12 supports I would unlock each chapter. At least in Awakening the dumb supports were funny (Chrom falling in love with Sumia over pies). Birthright's plot has been just meh but from what I've heard Conquest+Revelation's are extremely dumb. I haven't played Conquest or Revelation yet so I can't really judge them yet. I might be unfair because I'm trying to play through it since it's on my backlog and I want to play other games guilt+free.

Edit: I guess if it was truly bad then I wouldn't have put 40 hours into it. I remember getting kind of bitter at Shadow Dragon like this too. One thing I truly dislike is how every route except revelation tries to get you to buy the other routes, but that's to be expected. The kids feel way more tacked on too.

hostess with the Moltres fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Fun Fact: the music for this scene uses samples from the angry German kid meme.

• Locked thread