Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I started conquest and i'm going to marry Silas. He's a nice boy, and it isn't incest this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Since I had already seen the manga, I didn't think I'd be that into the MHA anime but it's actually pretty good. The animation in the first two episodes at least is pretty nice.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I know nobody remembers this but, Etrian odyssey V will be getting an english dub while Strange Journey Redux will be getting satomi arai. She won't be one of the main characters though.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Psycho-Pass 2 had a lot of cool ideas, like the game that tricks people into killing people and the villain actually caring about his pawns, but it also kind of squandered them. Kamui just wasn't as interesting as Makishima as the series went on, and a lot of the plot beats felt kind of dumb. After seeing a ton of people getting exploded each episode you got desensitized to it, and it felt like it missed the point of the first season when it posits the Sybil System improving as a good thing when Akane's big moment last season was rebuking its messed up ideology. Another thing that sucked was how some of the enforcers like Sho and Yayoi didn't get any development. In the case of the latter she was barely a character outside of her one backstory episode. The movie was decent, and the action scenes felt pretty cool. The enforcers got shafted again for more Akane and Kogami stuff though.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I definitely agree that the first season wasn't as smart as it thought it was, though.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I was sad I missed the nitecrew streams of Star Wars prequels but now I got to see episode III: Revenge of the Sith and laugh at it with my friends and now I am even more bewildered that CD thinks the prequels are a Marxist-Leninist masterpiece

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Palpatine is honestly up there as one of the best parts of all Star Wars.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
My friend wants to watch Eva with me, but only all at once :chloe:

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
The EVA marathon is beginning, but we won't be watching the whole thin guy because he's got work tommorow, which is a relief.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Scratch not doing the whole thing. We're in for the long haul

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I've just got to the episode that introduces Asuka and she is, Good.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Asuka is in a fatsuit

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
we only got to episode 13 but it was good nonetheless

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Nier Automata is on sale so I want to get it but my only controller is an Xbox 360 controller with sticky buttons :smith:

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Been playing too much Gal Gun?

I was playing Dark Souls and now the A button is permamently pressed :( which is weird, because you'd think it would be B with all the rolling

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Just watched the last half NGE from 9:40 to 4:24. What a great show. What a great ending.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I just went to a place called Dames Chicken and Waffles, where I got 4 chicken wings on top of a waffle which I covered with 2 types of flavored butter and calypso sauce.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

an actual dog posted:

oh man I love chicken and waffles was it good?

It was super good. They named the flavored butter "shmears" and you could get 2 of each flavor. I don't remember the first one but I do remember that I got a pecan shmear, and it helped cut the spicyness of the calypso sauce a little. It was called dames chicken and waffles and it's in Durham. I just feel a little gross now since I got ice cream afterwards and the food I just had was already pretty rich.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
System shock is a neat game.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Should I watch patlabor or LoGH

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Nier is gonna take like, a year to finish downloading

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
It took a while for me to get Nier Automata working on my laptop, but it's shaping up to be a very nice game. The generous dodge is good for me who's not that good at action games. I just got to the resistance base and I liked just going around this broken down city.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I want to post "is smtiv/smtiva right wing" because of that post on that stealing knowledge blog but doing that would be a really, really bad idea. I'm posting this here since it isn't games

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
this article is why i was thinking about that: https://medium.com/mammon-machine-zeal/flirting-with-war-4b745c4116ba

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Wark Say posted:

You'd think that, with the less than flattering portrayals that they've done of people like Shinzo Abe, Shintaro Ishihara and Kimitake Hiraoka (aka Yukio Mishima), Atlus has made their stances fairly clear.

The only major thing from smtiv that seemed sketchy to me was the "Exotic woman" who greets you while you're filling the great chalice of hope. On the whole nationalism thing, there's a whole sidequest chain in smtiv apocalypse about how this super pro-military pro-Japan politician is using the country's gods is a crazy rear end in a top hat. There was also a thing stealing knowledge wrote about how anti-semitic it is to have Masokado as the #1 god who's the key to defeating YHVH, but I think the reason Masokado is given the star treatment is because he's the Tokyo god, and smt is all about Tokyo. YHVH is evil because he was evil in the old games, also there's gnosticism which more or less features an evil god. I'm probably wrong, but that's my best guess.

Edit: Matthew Seiji and the jerking off your car guy are different people and I am pretty stupid for thinking that

hostess with the Moltres fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jul 9, 2017

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

No, that was Robert Yang. The guy who wrote that KanColle article is called Matthew Seiji.

Oh. Nevermind

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
My dog has to wear a cone and he can't go on walks for 2 weeks :(

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Oh no :ohdear:

How can a dog be a dog without walks :(

Correction: he can go on 10 min walks, so it's something

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
The end bit of smtiv:A is very very good. I can't wait to murder all of my friends.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I remember really liking yugioh on WB when I was a kid, I wonder if I'd like it now.

Another anime I liked was hamtaro on toonami, the other anime was too scary for little me.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Is hbomberguy the one who wrote the minute by minute examination of the Kill La Kill incest scene?

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

I thought that was second by second

You're probably right. Actually I think what he did was he posted in the gbs thread defending it. Kinda funny imo

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Dungeon Meshi has made me want to play a cozy classic jrpg. Should I play EOV (I've tried every mainline game, and I like the first few stratums, but for some reason I've dropped each one) or one of the DS/3DS DQ's (Leaning towards either DQ 7 or 8, although 7 sounds like a real slog) or something completely different?

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Update on sick dog: he got his cancer removed and now his cone is removed so he can take regular walks. He has a nice family looking after him while we're in Cape Cod. Also we spent some time in the Galapagos which was really great.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=53974503

Pretty sure this was posted before.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I just watched End of Eva and it was the greatest poo poo I've ever seen.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Will a better tn of F/SN ever get released?

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
We watched Godzilla and shin Godzilla as a double feature. It was great.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Which Godzilla?

The first one made in Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I wanna thank whoever suggested I play DQ8 because I've been getting sick of sucking at/being mediocre at Overwatch and DQ8 is a nice remedy for that.

• Locked thread