Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck My Ass

twoday posted:

if you send me money I will mention BYOB in the acknowledgments

PM me or post your paypal in here I'll send you 50 bux for you to credit BYOB collectively in the book.

Thank you, very nice I like. For the insanely win sig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

send me 50bux and I will write a book and credit byob

this applies to everyone, I await your payments

twoday

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I was supposed to buy a microphone on wednesday because I want to start a podcast, but wasn't sure if I could afford it; so if you actually do this, I will not only mention BYOB in the credits (if the publisher asks I will say it is the name of a former lover whose name I want to remain anonymous), I will also record myself reading some threatening letter or edict by Colve and post it here

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained within this post are for informational purposes only. No material in this post is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this post or the replies to this post.

Fuck My Ass

twoday posted:

I was supposed to buy a microphone on wednesday because I want to start a podcast, but wasn't sure if I could afford it; so if you actually do this, I will not only mention BYOB in the credits (if the publisher asks I will say it is the name of a former lover whose name I want to remain anonymous), I will also record myself reading some threatening letter or edict by Colve and post it here

PM me that paypal homie. I'm a rich goon so helping out fellow goons is my life calling.

Fuck My Ass
50 bux sent to OP via Paypal. :cheers:

Randaconda

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
now kiss

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

twoday

hahahahaha

holy poo poo, he actually did it!

BYOB, you are going to be a part of the historical record forever

The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained within this post are for informational purposes only. No material in this post is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this post or the replies to this post.

alnilam

:cheerdoge:

twoday

Ok, I will let you guys vote on what I will record with my new mic:

A) Some harsh edicts about new rules for soldiers and citizens introduced by Colve that made New Orange into a north-korean style prison colony
B) Threatening letters to New England
C) Transcript of the negotiations between Colve and a native american tribe that swore allegiance to him in an elaborate gift-giving ceremony
D) Excerpts from the trial records of Captain Manning, who was in charge of the fort in New York when Colve invaded it, and was later put on trial for treasonous negligence by english overlords who wanted to hang him
E) Whatever random interesting thing I happen to find while browsing through the records

twoday fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 3, 2017

Fuck My Ass
Mods lets get this poo poo gold mined.

cda

by Hand Knit

gently caress My rear end posted:

50 bux sent to OP via Paypal. :cheers:

Hahahaha this owns

twoday

Mods lets get this poo poo gold mined.

yeah, that's a good idea, it's the closest forums equivalent to preserving this deal on the record as a binding legal contract

also, I just realized I was so excited I forgot to thank you. Thank you, gently caress My rear end; your contribution to historical scholarship gives me hope for the continued existence of this sort of research in these tumultuous times.

twoday fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 3, 2017

Randaconda

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twoday posted:

Thank you, gently caress My rear end; your contribution to historical scholarship gives me hope for the continued existence of this sort of research in these tumultuous times.
this sentence makes my :10bux: plus upgrades worth it

----------------

Fuck My Ass

twoday posted:

yeah, that's a good idea, it's the closest forums equivalent to preserving this deal on the record as a binding legal contract

also, I just realized I was so excited I forgot to thank you. Thank you, gently caress My rear end; your contribution to historical scholarship gives me hope for the continued existence of this sort of research in these tumultuous times.

No prob bro, glad I could help out. Stick around BYOB and post some more you got your street cred and we are think you're laugh out loud hilarious :cheers:

twoday

Well I definitely feel part of the club now, and have been branching out to other threads. I even posted a Garfield comic based on this thread:

Randaconda

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twoday posted:

Well I definitely feel part of the club now, and have been branching out to other threads. I even posted a Garfield comic based on this thread:

:golfclap:

----------------

twoday

to Colve!

the cause of, and solution to, all of New Orange's problems

twoday

twoday posted:

Ok, I will let you guys vote on what I will record with my new mic:

A) Some harsh edicts about new rules for soldiers and citizens introduced by Colve that made New Orange into a north-korean style prison colony
B) Threatening letters to New England
C) Transcript of the negotiations between Colve and a native american tribe that swore allegiance to him in an elaborate gift-giving ceremony
D) Excerpts from the trial records of Captain Manning, who was in charge of the fort in New York when Colve invaded it, and was later put on trial for treasonous negligence by english overlords who wanted to hang him
E) Whatever random interesting thing I happen to find while browsing through the records

start voting, it'll take me a while to look it up

I'm getting the mic from a Dutch website that is the equivalent of ebay and craigslist put together. It's mostly like ebay, except that this country is really loving small, so you just search for stuff in a 10 kilometer radius around your house and then go there and pay cash in person, because the Dutch are too cheap to pay for shipping

Fuck My Ass

twoday posted:

I'm getting the mic from a Dutch website that is the equivalent of ebay and craigslist put together. It's mostly like ebay, except that this country is really loving small, so you just search for stuff in a 10 kilometer radius around your house and then go there and pay cash in person, because the Dutch are too cheap to pay for shipping

threatening letters to new england read in your best impersonation of morgan freeman

cda

by Hand Knit

threatening letters to new england read in your best impersonation of morgan freeman

seconded

----------------

alnilam

Yeah i like the threatening letters 1 2

Osmosisch

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

twoday posted:

Marktplaats is such an abomination

death sext

And here I thought all my letters were going unread :kiddo:

twoday

I don't know if I can do that, but the name "freeman" reminds me that Harlem was founded as the second Dutch city on Manhattan (named after the Dutch city of Haarlem) and was from the start populated by freed black slaves. When the English took over they tried to convince them to rename Harlem to Lancaster, but the people of Harlem actively resisted because they felt more closely attached to Dutch culture. Another little-known fact is that the Dutch language persisted longer in black communities in New York than in white ones, in part because of segregation. That's one of the reasons that old-timey racist transcriptions of how black people spoke in the 1800's often substituted "th" with "d" at the beginning of many words. The Dutch words for "the," "this," and "that" are "de," "dit," and "dat," and this lingering accent, along with certain words associated with New York such as "stoop" (from Dutch "stoep") are remnants of the Dutch language that persisted among the segregated black communities of New York. Not so fun fact: Sojourner Truth, famous writer and freed slave, was beaten severely as a child by her English-speaking masters because she was born in New York as a native Dutch speaker, and couldn't understand the English commands given to her by the slave-owners who bought her when she was 8 years old.

wouldn't it be so much shittier if it was called "the lancaster shake"?

FluffieDuckie

i'm not going to goldmine this until you post your recording

also here's a sticky to add to the pressure

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Fuck My Ass

FluffieDuckie posted:

WOOT Thank you fluffie :cheerdoge:

Randaconda

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WOOT Thank you fluffie :cheerdoge:

i was unaware there was a doge smilie.

:cheerdoge:

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I especially like the fun and informative things.

google THIS

twoday

FluffieDuckie posted:

aight

cda

by Hand Knit
i am so happy I saw you posting in GBS and had a weird flashback to your first thread

----------------

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I'm casting my vote for either (A) or (B).

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

twoday posted:

I don't get BYOB. are there just like ten posters here and you guys read every thread? is it one guy with ten accounts? What in Tarantino is going om here?

hahahahaha 5'd goldmine dis 💩

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

cda posted:

i am so happy I saw you posting in GBS and had a weird flashback to your first thread

whats it like, posting in gbs? what draws you to it, may i ask?

Macnult

lmao

joke_explainer

how much money do you need to mention BYOB in the acknowledgements

Fuck My Ass

joke_explainer posted:

how much money do you need to mention BYOB in the acknowledgements

it's all been done

joke_explainer

oohh sorry I got excited reading through the thread

good job. I couldn't imagine passing that up

cda

by Hand Knit

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

The only thing leading me to post in GBS is that BYOB is slow sometimes and I can only quadruple post so many times. If BYOB were maybe twice as active I would never post in GBS.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

I think it was the first sub I posted in, back in 2005, and I never shook the habit.

• Locked thread