Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Mighty Mouse break Silva's defense record?
This poll is closed.
Yes 35 28.93%
Umm, yes 36 29.75%
Yep 12 9.92%
yeh 38 31.40%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Way to ignore April's best fight in your OP OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

LobsterMobster posted:

I mean, rose does have a 13 second flying armbar win on her record.

Which was possibly the coolest thing ever. I just haven't seen anyone be really successful with getting inside on Joanna thanks to death by tiny death punches.

In my perfect world Joanna goes an a record tying run and then Rose gets the belt in a few years. I just remember Rose being a little bit of a head case, GSP style, in her early career. I hope she stays mentally strong throughout her career.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I remember Rose solely for being hyped up by you guys then losing convincingly to the other tuf person whose crowning glory was being the person getting the absolute poo poo kicked out of them by Joanna

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I mean she was also like 10 years old and 3 fights deep into a pro career when that happened.

She's fun and exciting and already pretty good with a lot of room to grow.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Also she's extremely cute and nice.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I remember Rose solely for being hyped up by you guys then losing convincingly to the other tuf person whose crowning glory was being the person getting the absolute poo poo kicked out of them by Joanna

its because they want to gently caress her

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
rose is exactly one of those fighters who looks like a world beater when fighting trash. when she fights anyone good we get her last two fights where she looks confused and tepid with an impressively low fight iq. in her present state she would be effortlessly murdered by joanna / claudia / that short one who's fighting for the title next and she could conceivably lose to the rest of the top 10 on any given night.

as mentioned she's young though, and if something falls into place she can go up a tier and compete with the best.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
personally i think its just fine to want to gently caress. but lets be real here, shes 5-3 and takes cute selfies for instagram

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
are those stats supposed to make me want to gently caress her more or less?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

are those stats supposed to make me want to gently caress her more or less?

i suppose that depends on your perspective

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
its the same reason they love cruz

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

For some reason discussing a woman as being attractive is frowned upon here because everyone goes into major sperg mode but call a guy hot? No prob.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
No one wants to gently caress any of you anyway

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
gently caress marry kill

Cyborg, Gabi garcia, sage northcutt

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

gently caress marry kill

Kill Kill Kill

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

gently caress marry kill

marry marry marry .. i can just about pay the bills and ive seen sage northcutts house. i woke up with a slug on my face once

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Everytime I remember that Joanna is fighting Andrande next, I think she's going to get KO'd in the first and it bums me out. :(

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i don't think the girl who landed every punch she threw on angela hill is going to effortlessly knock out the reigning dominant champion with ease.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Novum posted:

No one wants to gently caress any of you anyway

People want to gently caress me and its very rude of you to say otherwise.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Work Friend Keven posted:

Turn your monitor on.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Work Friend Keven posted:

:tightens vice:

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Marching Powder posted:

rose is exactly one of those fighters who looks like a world beater when fighting trash. when she fights anyone good we get her last two fights where she looks confused and tepid with an impressively low fight iq. in her present state she would be effortlessly murdered by joanna / claudia / that short one who's fighting for the title next and she could conceivably lose to the rest of the top 10 on any given night.

as mentioned she's young though, and if something falls into place she can go up a tier and compete with the best.

:homebrew:

If she's lucky her career may go like RDA's

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/BlessedMMA/status/849450957071142913

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that fight will be so loving sick and i hope max wins

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Of all the angel wing tattoos out there I think Holloway's looks the shittiest. I think Bendo's one looks alright though

Elemennop
Dec 29, 2004

only the martyrs have their identities remembered. please remember me, i beg you!

canoshiz posted:

Of all the angel wing tattoos out there I think Holloway's looks the shittiest. I think Bendo's one looks alright though

well to be fair, one of them is a demon wing

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

when i first saw full metal jacket i thought everything after the basic training was poo poo but then i saw holloway's back tattoo and man, it's kubrick's masterpiece.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I feel bad for Holloway. He seems so earnest, but Aldo is going to merc him.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

I.N.R.I posted:

i woke up with a slug on my face once

I thought this was somehow about your sexual preferences and then realized you were saying your house sucked.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

I.N.R.I posted:

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

I.N.R.I posted:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I.N.R.I posted:

i woke up with a slug on my face once

This is still making me laugh like it did at 7:30 pm yesterday

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Captain Log posted:

I adore both Rose and Joanna Champion so I'd rather them never fight, but in what universe does Rose win that fight? Rose is the epitome of a "game" opponent and I doubt anyone could steamroll her. But the death by five thousand punches Joanna dishes out remains her M.O. I'm not sure who will beat her outside of a lucky sub.

Claudia and Karolina both dropped her en route to losing. Claudia a couple of times, once in a round she was outstruck 30 to 2 or something insane. Joanna is really good, but also kind of hittable. She's such a physical specimen though that she recovers fast.

tesilential posted:

:homebrew:

If she's lucky her career may go like RDA's

And RDA never looked to have nearly as much promise in his early career, and he slowly put it together.

RDA fuckin' owns.

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

Having Rose as Strawweight champ would be too good a thing for the UFC so it's not going to happen. Her face is going to be ground into rousey-grade pulp.

Still no real story on why Pat Barry wasn't in her corner last fight, just Tate-Caraway-like rumours.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Can't wait for Holloway versus baby.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
this is to hype up the aldo/Connor rematch... as Connor defeated a nine foot tall three hundred pounds Nate Diaz, so must Aldo defeat a Max Holloway three times his size.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Captain Log posted:

For some reason discussing a woman as being attractive is frowned upon here because everyone goes into major sperg mode but call a guy hot? No prob.

They still care if the guy can fight.

It's not major sperg mode to remind you, again, that people got pretty gross about Rin Nakai and Ronda.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
even had to fight a man 3 times the size of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Snowman_McK posted:

And RDA never looked to have nearly as much promise in his early career, and he slowly put it together.

RDA fuckin' owns.

i think you'll find he was a middling prospect who PED'd his way to being champ after judge voodoo wrecked LW

• Locked thread