Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Mighty Mouse break Silva's defense record?
This poll is closed.
Yes 35 28.93%
Umm, yes 36 29.75%
Yep 12 9.92%
yeh 38 31.40%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Does anyone have the link to that streamable where this lady interviewer asks Dana White if the UFC will be matching Bellator's offer to Ryan Bader? I need it for a school project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Why thank ye.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone's extreme vulnerability to liver shots is brought to you by: Budweiser, the King of Beers.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm glad it's totally beneath male fighters to try and look pretty at media events.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I like this idea that the fights between men are mostly interesting contests between competent looking competitors. How much of this sport do you actually watch?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Who would have thought a chronic eater would turn out to be a pothead?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Unlike most other guys who have popped for weed, Riddle fought like he was stoned. Punching as if he only had a vague idea of where his opponent actually was.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Also watch Lil Nog get knocked out by a rare beast called a Sokoudjou.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I like how people are still discussing the towel after Cormier magically dropped exactly 1.2 lbs in a minute and then Rumble weighed in exactly 1.2 lbs under 205.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

Oh yeah they hosed with the scale in front of the media and crowd

A crowd no doubt intimately familiar with the workings of the scale.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Anthony loving Johnson weighing in over a lb under the limit doesn't seem shady to anyone?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not going to cloud up too much of the thread with what is certainly little more than conjecture but that 1.2 lbs thing sticks in the craw of this observer. Just saying.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

The idea of remote scale calibration in this day and age is just complete and utter insane wizardry.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Maybe a shady athletic commission has some way to make sure the main eventers make weight and everyone makes their money. I don't feel like I'm declaring 9/11 an inside job here.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I wonder what ex Mad TV cast member Rumble is going to be doing a podcast with.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I think needing a knee on the ground is a better rule. Personally.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Mousasi has been around forever just being really good. He's even better now but he's a good example of skill not being enough to garner a big, devoted fan base.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I think for most of time itself, predicting Bisping as champion seemed like unimaginative trolling.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

It's also silly to write off Chael any time he's up against anyone without a wrestling background, sick subs, or just really good takedown defense. I don't know about now but definitely then.

El Roncho fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 12, 2017

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

What amused me most about it is that Jon Jones broke his toe posturing up in Chael's guard to smash him harder. So the dude was wrong from the get go and still decided it was stable enough ground to launch his thread closing offensive.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Regardless of how Jon Jones/DC 2 ends up, they should have everyone at light heavyweight in the Cage after the fight. They can all bow and the division can be disbanded forever.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Gotcha bro. Any time anyone mentions marijuana legalization, I'll know they're an agent sent to relay false opinions on your behalf.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I remember being upset at the lack of challengers for Liddell. Looking back now though, him knocking the poo poo out of everyone was the kind of reliable entertainment 205 has lacked pretty much since that time.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm pretty sure 205 will see the dawn of the Biff Blurgstein era before the year is out.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Eventually they'll just put masks on already established guys and call them Masked Fighter 1, 2, 3, etc.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

woodley . maybe welterweight is a little too high for conor. then again he lasted 5 rounds with diaz at his pace

When I think of this fight, all that comes to mind is what it must have looked like when Terry Etim got hit by that bus.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I agree that he looks like he's taking a deep breath using his diaphragm.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Been lurking and seldomly posting here for a good, long while and I gotta say there's only a small handful of changes I've noticed lately. That one guy obsessed with all things Japanese seems to have left. The silly grappling rapper guy became an enraged radical leftist. Mobn's gender.

Aside from that, business as usual. It's like that guy just wanted to have everyone agree with his false recollection of Jones/Sonnen and his mental wellbeing hinged on it.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Speaking of Barao, just read a roughly translated article from Portuguese saying he's going back to 135. I'm assuming he'll be slotted in immediately for a rematch with that bath tub.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

UFC May- Don't read threads, don't watch fights, huff farts, suck dicks

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I feel most people getting "offended" on the internet are just seeking attention they don't get elsewhere but maybe that's just me.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Marquardt is the Mario Ghost of fighting. He does cool things when no one is looking but once he has eyes on him he's wholly incompetent.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Nah. Mighty Mouse just needs to time his parries for when his heavyweight opponent is in forward motion and he can riposte his way to victory quite easily.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Condit pulling off a real life Mortal Kombat forward+high punch move against Alves.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Gang of Four was the best Marxist punk band. That concludes this page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

just rewatched tj/lineker and god drat tj looked insanely good

His doubles were giving me GSP flashbacks.

• Locked thread