Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Mighty Mouse break Silva's defense record?
This poll is closed.
Yes 35 28.93%
Umm, yes 36 29.75%
Yep 12 9.92%
yeh 38 31.40%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I mean she was also like 10 years old and 3 fights deep into a pro career when that happened.

She's fun and exciting and already pretty good with a lot of room to grow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Tr33 posted:

Has anybody done any comprehensive research why some people can seemingly take massive blows to the head without getting knocked out? Like, is it bone structure, or something different in the brain it self, both, neither? I've played plenty of combat sports/done stupid poo poo over my lifetime and have taken some amazing cartoon seeing stars shots to the dome, but I've only been knocked out once ever in my life and it was only for maybe a minute or so if even that long when I got airbagged in a pretty serious car wreck. Like sometimes it seems almost worse to be able to not be able go down very easy with the new fear of sub concusive hits.

A few years ago I met a Vegas doctor who was a few years into working on a supposedly 20 year long study measuring that took a pool of new MMA and boxing fighters and was trying to track their brain trauma over the course of their entire careers. Or something like that, I'm sure there were some more specific goals and I'm misremembering/mischaracterizing some things.. I wonder how that's going.

She uh, also was a niece of the Fertitta's. I'm not sure if that necessarily has any effect on the study, but it certainly could probably get you a little extra access.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Demetrius Johnson vs Wilson Reis, jacare vs whitaker, Roy Nelson vs Alexander volkov, Luis smolka vs Tim elliot, all good fights happening this Saturday

My favourite part of Johnson fights is when I go "oh is this a PPV that I'm going to the bar for, he's probably due a PPV but i kinda wanna stay at home and watch from my couch" and then it's always the second thing.

e: Actually I lied, you can tell that I'm old and out of touch, apparently he did 5 PPV's in a row. But this and his last fight are on fox so LET'S GET BACK TO HIS ROOTS BABY.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
This is a few years out of date, but an 8-fight contract isn't 8 guaranteed fights.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1516575-the-business-of-fighting-a-look-inside-the-ufcs-top-secret-fighter-contract

8 fights is one of their standard contract lengths. However, they can cancel your contract after any loss. So it's really an "up to 8 fights if you don't lose and/or we don't feel like cutting you".

Giving old fighters long contracts just lets them lock them up and then cut them if they lose. It also prevents fighters from doing 3 fights, going "OK I'm retiring" and coming back a year later in a different org because they're still under contract.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Le Saboteur posted:

The ratings also make sense as yesterday was a huge day for sporting events. You NBA and NHL playoffs going on at the same time as the card and also some MLB games.

Yeah I'm uh, streaming the replays because I was too hype about the first day of NBA playoffs to watch. Sorry MMMMMJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
there is nothing less punk than arguing about punk genres

Frankie Edgar would lose to Mighty Mouse.

• Locked thread