Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Mighty Mouse break Silva's defense record?
This poll is closed.
Yes 35 28.93%
Umm, yes 36 29.75%
Yep 12 9.92%
yeh 38 31.40%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
That's rearly cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I've been on the mousiasi train since his dream days, I think hes been one of the most criminally underrated fighters for a long time.

That fight is going to end with weidman getting ko'd or mousasi getting wrestled and maybe finished imo

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

cowboys gonna get smoked

You think so? I mean u wouldn't be shocked but I could see cowboy turning Robbie into early 2000s lawler.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

i dont think cowboys got the firepower to keep lawler from getting him. id be very surprised if he tired lawler out making him miss and his kicks kept robbie away, or something. I dunno if lawlers chin is shaky enough for cerrone to ko. Maybe he could land a head kick. I can see where Cerrone has some on paper advantages like kicks and chin but I don't know if those are going to translate into a 170 lbs fight against robbie lawler

Honestly lawler has show weakness against headkicks (he blocks them with one arm)...really i hadn't even thought about that and it increases cowboys odds imo.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Wmma is occasionally good, but usually not

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

This sport is so gay that nice titties are banned

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I think they should be as high as they want. It's not like weed gets you crazy hosed up and if it relaxes you who cares. I don't think there's a rule that you have to be terrified.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Kratom has effects similar to opiods

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

CommonShore posted:

You sound like the Russian apologists for melodium.

It's not a performance enhancing drug. It's just a drug, which I take, to enhance my performance.

It's weed, c'mon man

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Iirc the nba does not test for weed, and the nfl is getting pretty close to straight up allowing it.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Pearnicious posted:

It gets you high so video games are more immersive and food tastes better. And I don't get a hangover like I do when I get shitfaced drunk.

I've smoked pot for 15 years and I have no idea how it could help with sports. It slows your reflexes and impairs your coordination, so I would think that would immediately negate any benefits you might perceive from it. Speaking from personal experience I'd rather be sober if I knew I was going to get into a fight, but whatever.

It can make jiu jitsu more fun.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

manyak posted:

What i dont get is if weed doesnt do anything beneficial then why pay for it and smoke it every day? If it doesnt benefit you then you could probably take a day off of smoking it once every 3 or 4 months for a fight

I don't know, why do some people drink a few beers after work? Pretty sure that's allowed.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I'm pretty sure jbj isn't being serious. He's a dick but he does have a sense of humor.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

hes better than jon jones IMO. and jon jones is really impressive in his own way, like how he reacted to vitors arm bar + gustaffson etc.

This is from.way back but I would like to hear you defend this.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

jones beat everyone cormier beat - except RUmble a frontrunner who doesnt like fighting - & cormier. more defenses. defenses against the same and more people who are all time greats like shogun and machida. Finished all time great fighters . Jones did things like the weird shoulder lock to Glover that are special things you rarely see. Cormiers not better by the eye test or on paper.

:agreed:

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

I think they were better

I agree. I actually recently heard big nog says he didn't like the 10 minutes first round, which was kinda surprising.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

We need a mod

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Novum posted:

For the record: I do not huff farts or dicks

Why not?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

vainman posted:

I don't know if Jacare really has more than three fights left in him. He's 38 and is probably one injury away from retiring

You should remmeber randy couture. Some dudes can stay in this sport for a long tine. And while jacare has been ko'd a few times, he's never really gotten hosed up for a whole fight.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

kensei posted:

No because Johnson finishes and Silva was breakdancing.

Oh yeah anderson silva wasn't a finisher :rolleyes:

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

GSP was a bigger mighty mouse fighting better competition imo

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

This is dumb as gently caress. GSP fought a bunch of unathletic bums not nearly on the level of MM's competition. Also, GSP didn't even have the decency to finish any of them except the fat lightweight who TKO'd him the fight before. And if you're talking about the garbage Silva fought at 205 while ignoring that DJ fought the best dudes at 135, with a full time job, then you are very, very stupid.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

This is extremely stupid.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

If it wasn't for the belt I would have no interest in the jbj/dc rematch, it's not like the first one left much doubt.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Light Heavyweight absolutely does suck at the moment and has for a while, but it wasn't that long ago it was the ufc's flagship division. It can get back there one day.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Fat Twitter Man posted:

LHW was only the flagship because it had the three most popular fighters from 2000-2007 even though every title contender who wasn't Liddell-Ortiz-Couture was pretty much a joke. Then a couple guys came over from Pride, where LHW was only a big-ish deal because they only really had two divisions. There was some decent for the time homegrown talent in Griffin, Machida, and Evans, but a lot of that came from the first few TUF seasons giving people a big name. So it was more that there were more big name guys on top of the division and a lot of luck than any amount of depth. I don't think that's coming back any time soon. And it wasn't like Houston Alexander and Keith Jardine weren't on the edge of the title picture even at the division's peak.

Your kinda proving my point, there used to be a bunch of good fighters at lhw.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

lol what is going on around here lately

Fatherdog leaving was like the toppling of saddam hussein, yeah he was a dick but he kept a lid on the bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

thats funny cos watching souza lose the other night made me think of that video of the statue of saddam being pulled over by a truck

shoes fly into octagon

• Locked thread