Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Mighty Mouse break Silva's defense record?
This poll is closed.
Yes 35 28.93%
Umm, yes 36 29.75%
Yep 12 9.92%
yeh 38 31.40%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

4 of them are definitely cool, there's a couple who are debatable. One of them is Germaine de Randemie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ronda's massive compared to Joanna which probably lends itself extremely well to her being able to Judo her, but if Ronda couldn't get Joanna down, it's 25 long minutes of constant volume punching for Ronda.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Probably but I'm hoping for Moose to smash him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

big money big clit posted:

Cerrone struggles against lefties

he was a vocal trump voter yea

I'm not getting hype for this fight because whenever something sick like this gets booked it falls thru

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

WMMA is getting better at a decent clip but it's never going to be as good as it could or should be if you pull the rug out from under it. It's only going to get better when you keep incentivising it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Snowman_McK posted:

This is a weird complaint, because it's true of literally everything. You think Baseball would attract the kind of freakish talent it does if A-Rod wasn't on a multi-hundred million dollar contract and was just doing it for the love of the game or whatever? Baseball is a sport so loving boring to play that even people making a fortune to play it are on amphetamines in order to pretend to be interested.

It's not a complaint but yeah, you're probably right.
I know gently caress all about roidarm though so the rest means nothing to me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pretty lovely ending to the fight, but serves Weidman right for trying to game the rules.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ye

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bluedeanie posted:

Ah, well in that case yeah, but so has every other fighter ever basically.

Pretty much, yeah. I mean, it does kinda suck that it's come to bite a dude on a huge slide in his home town on the rear end, but maybe now people will be even slightly less inclined to try it, which will be a net gain.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mousasi isn't that popular because personality is a huge factor in regards to popularity, either having a good one or a lovely one, and Mousasi was as utterly neutral as they come until recently, when he decided to start showing some personality and as such, is making waves.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't know how good it is under deep scrutiny, but the UFC should probably make fighters who have been knocked out pass an ImPACT test at a couple of different testing centers.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Please It's a special pneumatic hammer to ensure that the rats get equally, precisely, and repeatably brutally hosed up

Sounds like a regular night out in Glasgow to me

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dangersim posted:

This is from.way back but I would like to hear you defend this.

Considering that DC hasn't pissed hot but Jon Jones has, it casts a shadow on all of JJ's wins. I don't agree that DC is better than Jones, but there's at least an argument to be made for the case.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fifth amendment is good, but playing music for Anderson Silva was the greatest

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mighty Mouse is pretty decent

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/bisping/status/853419450292289536

lmao

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Mighty Mouse was good, he'd be 6'4

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd say he's a jack of all trades, master of none, but when he outwrestles olympian wrestlers and subs unsubbed BJJ black belts, master of none might not be true.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Renan Barao is the poster boy for the "always poo poo" argument. It didn't help Barao that Dana was all over his jock for a while, but that guy is nowhere near as bad as people in her liked to insist he was.

Where as now he's quite evidently past his peak.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://streamable.com/6kct0

Nick Diaz names his favourite fighter

one of us, one of us, one of us

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Apr 17, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They'd both find a way to lose.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The source for this is The Sun, who are literally the scummiest press outlet in Britain despite the fact the Daily Mail exists and not only that, it's about a place in Liverpool, where, legitimately, people would probably prefer to have cancer than a copy of that poo poo rag.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

who da fooook is dat guy

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:ortiz:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah.

He's the best because he's the BisKING, not because of some weird stats or whatever.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shogun at #4 in 2017 despite being clinically braindead since 2012

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

manyak posted:

There are details that make it even worse than it looks.. for example Gian VIllante ranked #12. He has a 5-5 record in the UFC. His wins include:

- Saparbek Safarov (0-1 in UFC, hasnt fought since)
- Anthony Perosh (43 years old, gave up and retired during the fight, was 2-4 in last 6)
- Sean O'Connell (2-5 in UFC and cut, only ranked win over Anthony Perosh)
- Cody Donovan (1-3 in UFC and retired, only win over Nick Penner who went 0-2 in UFC and retired)

The entire top 15 is afloat on these guys who no ones ever heard of, basically everyone has a ~.500 record and only wins over cans

In the blue corner, fighting out of New York, he is a friends with Chris Weidman fighter, weighing in at 205lbs, Gian "no nickname because no one likes him enough to give him one" Villante

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"Chris Weidman breathlessly [does thing]" is usually followed by "then gets knocked out" so I dunno if he'd get far enough to actually talk.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You'd think more MMA fighters would be into Starcraft, considering it combines the competition of mixed martial arts and the cut-throat world of information technology

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The only good Rashad fight was when Lyoto murked him

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nierbo posted:

If you didn't jump out of your seat after Rashad cracked rampage in the first round after all that TUF buildup I don't think you should be watching MMA.

It was literally the only thing that happened in that fight

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What about Brock Lesnar?

Would he suck Frankie's dick?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

LHW is basically this old rear end meme

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't know why people keep trying to step up to Bisping with the banter

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/4/21/15385912/colbey-northcutt-sages-sister-set-to-make-pro-mma-debut-in-june

This is important.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Iaquinta's right overall, but can't help but think that he should probably swap to a more economically reasonable car if he's concerned he's not making enough to drive what he's driving.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Memento posted:

I got the impression from that quote that he feels like he should be driving a better car and living a better life for what he's doing (fighting on main cards of the premier MMA org on the planet, and winning)

Possibly, yeah.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I forgot the series name (Inside the Octagon, maybe) but the show on YouTube where Hardy and Jon Gooden break down old footage and show how the fight will be won or lost for both fighters in a main/co-main is really good because Hardy explains and shows his points really well.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Work Friend Keven posted:

Smaller cage, nutshots legal and count as significant strikes, the ring girls are replaced with show dogs with signs on their backs, everyone comes to the cage riding a horse, Greg Jackson banned from the sport, its illegal cut weight but steroids are legal. There I saved the sport.

Can we have condom depot back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A bit like his fighting career where Schaub will be awake, his opponent does something and then Schaub immediately does a 180 and falls asleep.

• Locked thread