Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Mighty Mouse break Silva's defense record?
This poll is closed.
Yes 35 28.93%
Umm, yes 36 29.75%
Yep 12 9.92%
yeh 38 31.40%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it's good to give keven free months of things imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Moussasi's in a good spot because even with a loss he's a recognisable name in a division where by all rights the Bellator champion should be a 40 year old Melvin Manhoef, and he already has Coker's ear. Even if he had no intention of leaving the UFC he can run up his price tag.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Well as much as it would loving suck to see him leave at least we could see him knock out Ryan Bader en route to a tournament final against Gabi Garcia

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I remember Rose solely for being hyped up by you guys then losing convincingly to the other tuf person whose crowning glory was being the person getting the absolute poo poo kicked out of them by Joanna

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

lmfao

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Tr33 posted:

Has anybody done any comprehensive research why some people can seemingly take massive blows to the head without getting knocked out? Like, is it bone structure, or something different in the brain it self, both, neither? I've played plenty of combat sports/done stupid poo poo over my lifetime and have taken some amazing cartoon seeing stars shots to the dome, but I've only been knocked out once ever in my life and it was only for maybe a minute or so if even that long when I got airbagged in a pretty serious car wreck. Like sometimes it seems almost worse to be able to not be able go down very easy with the new fear of sub concusive hits.

You can only do observational studies on people because it's kind of unethical to knock people out in an MRI machine. There's only so much you can glean from looking at somebody's brain and brainbox before and after, but the Cleveland brain study is ongoing. If they publish any results it's going to be about boring poo poo like ensuring human safety and longevity rather than understanding why people fight good.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

LobsterMobster posted:

Could be misremembering, but I thought Dunc linked to a study of a dude giving rats concussions, and it being really weird to picture a guy in a lab environment just blonking mice in the head with a hammer

Please It's a special pneumatic hammer to ensure that the rats get equally, precisely, and repeatably brutally hosed up

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Send mark hunt around the world to babble incomprehensibly at various traditional martial artists then have psychotic episodes and/or crises of faith when exposed to their parlour tricks

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I feel like Singapore couldn't possibly be less important to the new management and shouldn't have been a focus for the old management

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Congratulations to Victor Cui and the whole One FC organisation for putting on so many terrible cards that the big dogs had to step in and show you how it's done

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Hendo/Big Nog 2 is my favourite size mismatch fight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

btw, would just like to make the point that its very possible to be in great shape and have great cardio all the time, since most athletes in most sports manage it. it just doesnt seem to happen a lot in the ufc, i guess theres less need for it since they dont compete that often. but i think that kind of complacency is holding a lot of fighters back. then again for 10k a fight every 6 months i might take a few months off every year too

I think for a lot of guys after they start getting bum knees doing hours of long slow distance becomes much less desirable and/or achievable

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

eshock posted:

I don't think anyone's mentioned yet that Fire Kid is finally making his UFC debut this weekend (I think prelim main event?). He's rad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqhdR4XsQvE

BAMMA always makes me think of the various cage rage rap songs, perhaps most notably for Cage Rage: Hard as Hell which probably seemed massively homoerotic to the outside world

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Brendan Schaub brought up a good point on the pod cast that he has to do because despite trying really hard not to he absolutely could not stop getting knocked out by fat old guys, despite being 50 times better than him at absolutely everything and having an infinitely better career on paper: mighty mouse is actually not as good as him because he doesn't get knocked out constantly

Triticum Guzzler fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 17, 2017

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
schaub proved that those 50 year old kiai masters who throw their students all over the place without touching them are the real deal by getting beat into retirement by joe rogan talking to him for 5 minutes

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Kilometers Davis posted:

Who do I gotta pray to for Shogun to end Jon Jones' career???

pablo escobar

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Rogerio probably isn't even top 10 in his family, that's embarrassing

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
UFC Light Heavyweight Rankings December 2017

Champion - Jon Jones
1 - Daniel Cornier
2 through 9 - The entire main cast of Thr Expendables
10 - Corey Anderson

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bundt Cake posted:

is that ishii guy really so bad he couldnt get ranked at 205 in ufc

i don't know about bad but he's so loving unbelievably lovely and boring that he couldn't get signed to fight for $205 in the ufc

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
remember when shogun got submitted by chael sonnen?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Disgusting Coward posted:

A video of every time the fighter has escaped a sub attempt and the fight has gone back to the feet and rogan's still droning on about WHAT HE NEEDS TO DO HERE, MIKE, IS TAKE THE LEG TO ADVANCE ON THAT LEFT ARM et cetera

settle down, beavis

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
The first promotion that takes Keven's show dog ideas doing loving mega business

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Cody No Load Garbrandt

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
drat i guess it was true after all that gsp was having a kid

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
GSP's stomach is distended from fart gas, which I intend to sniff

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
God bless powerful retard Mike Perry

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

cleaning out an old hard drive and

HERO'S sucked poo poo, but was also cool

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Cody is nicknamed no love because he seeks purely sexual relationships with his opponents

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Congratulations to Alexander Gustafsson, whose one win in three years against the main character from PC gaming classic "Wolfenstein 3D" has earned him the #1 ranking in the UFC's official light heavyweight division rankings

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Justin Goatse Vs Eddie Alvarez please

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
If all of these 70 posts are about mighty mouse against heavyweights then gentlemen consider me retired from.the huffing your farts game

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Josuke Higashikata posted:

What's coolest, a clean flying knee KO or a picture perfect uppercut KO

Flying knee for sure. The Chris beal one was so cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
The chapo guy is whoever posted the Les miserables thing a while ago. That's canon

• Locked thread