Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Mighty Mouse break Silva's defense record?
This poll is closed.
Yes 35 28.93%
Umm, yes 36 29.75%
Yep 12 9.92%
yeh 38 31.40%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

do you guys remember awhile back when all of our champions were cool? and now look at them

tbf robbie lawler heavily weighted that group.

I'd give up like 5 or 6 or all of those champions to just have robbie lawler back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
ufc 149 was hector lombard's fault

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

-Atom- posted:

chris weidman is on a three fight losing streak hahaha

To be fair to Chris Weidman he did fight 3 really tough guys in a row. Like how Anthony Pettis lost a bunch but his losses were against some of the best in the world. Weidman ain't gonna be champion again but he could finish Uriah Hall again or Anderson Silva and get back to winning.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I'm probably Mousasi's 4th most diehard fan and I don't really know who he is.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

henkman posted:

What about PvE points

he obviously would do poorly against any dark souls boss.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

tumor looking batty posted:

Is Silva's streak more impressive than Johnson's?

anderson silva is the greatest ever to me but johnson's streak is better. I can't even remember the last time Johnson looked bad in a fight while Anderson had a couple of weird title defenses. However, the way how Anderson finished some of his title fights (kneeing Franklin, front kicking Vitor in the face, submitting Chael) will be talked about long after he retires.. while I dunno which ones people are really gonna bring up about Mighty Mouse. Most likely only the Benavidez KO. Even the last second armbar over Horiguchi was super dope but nobody is really gonna care about it other than it being a random bit of UFC trivia in 10 years. While most of Anderson's fights are worth talking about for one reason or another.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I dunno if we'll ever see somebody defend a title 12+ times too once DJ does set the record. That's a lot of title defenses against the top guys in the world. Mighty Mouse had the perfect storm of being in a new division, being the right age, fighting small humans, and having an excellent coach.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Jon Jones should fight Shogun again later this year. it'd be a pretty sweet #2 vs #4 matchup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

michael bisping got his title fight cause he's popular. nobody give a poo poo about phil davis. people cared about phil davis for exactly 3 months in 2010

• Locked thread