Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Mighty Mouse break Silva's defense record?
This poll is closed.
Yes 35 28.93%
Umm, yes 36 29.75%
Yep 12 9.92%
yeh 38 31.40%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Marching Powder posted:

rose is exactly one of those fighters who looks like a world beater when fighting trash. when she fights anyone good we get her last two fights where she looks confused and tepid with an impressively low fight iq. in her present state she would be effortlessly murdered by joanna / claudia / that short one who's fighting for the title next and she could conceivably lose to the rest of the top 10 on any given night.

as mentioned she's young though, and if something falls into place she can go up a tier and compete with the best.

:homebrew:

If she's lucky her career may go like RDA's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Carla Esparza walked right through Rose.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I.N.R.I posted:

thank you

anyway, heres the usada page explaining why its on the list http://www.usada.org/substances/marijuana-faq/ personally i think if people want to get high and look at trippy mandala pictures all day its their business whether theyre athletes or not but if theyre caught using it during competition then theyre using it for performance purposes ... so theyre just as deserving of their bans as people like vitor would be if they were caught with veins full of horse cum

Source? If someone smoked ONLY in competition then I could understand that argument. But to boldly claim someone like the Diaz bros who smoke literally every single day of their lives are deliberately intending to cheat by doing something they do everyday seems like pretty a pretty big leap. The simplest explanation is they like to smoke and do it everyday for that reason, not some magical marijuana PED benefits that only people who don't actually smoke claim to be real.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The only competition where weed gives an advantage is an Oreo eating contest. -source: myself, a world class expert in ripping bowls

Man my original reply to INRI was just to say I strongly disagree that if a fighter fails an in competition drug test it means they had actual intent to cheat using marijuana. In reality they are just potheads who smoke everyday no matter what.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

manyak posted:

Performance-enhancement: A common perception of marijuana is that its use impairs physical activity, including exercise performance. While the effects of marijuana can decrease hand-eye coordination and distort spatial perception, there are other effects that can be performance enhancing for some athletes and sport disciplines. Cannabis can cause muscle relaxation and reduce pain during post-workout recovery. It can also decrease anxiety and tension, resulting in better sport performance under pressure. In addition, cannabis can increase focus and risk-taking behaviors, allowing athletes to forget bad falls or previous trauma in sport, and push themselves past those fears in competition.

Written and quoted by someone who knows nothing about marijuana.

Fact is, this plant has been illegal for so long there is virtually no actual scientific data or research done on it whatsoever. Until then anecdotal evidence is all we have and the users of the drug state it makes them lazy, hungry and drive super slow. People who don't use it are saying you could be so numbed out that punches don't hurt, while ignoring the fact that it would cause you to get punched a lot more in the first place.

Also smoking in any scenario other than my or a friends couch greatly increases anxiety, for me. Why smoke all the time then? For the vast majority it's out of boredom. Smoking weed makes doing nothing feel like you are actually doing a lot.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Getting high right before combat would be about as useful as wearing sunglasses during the fight.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rigel posted:

I just looked at the video again and it is crystal-clear. DC was pushing the towel, no doubt about it. He cleverly set it up on the 2nd attempt by coming out with his own towel as they carried in the UFC towel, held it in front of him, so in the audience's mind its established that its not weird for him to hold something (but of course its weird, he doesn't want clothes on, so why the hell would he hold a towel?), then while holding his towel he grabs the UFC towel and you can see him looking down at the scale pushing, letting off, then pushing again as if he was adjusting to get right on 205. (weighing in at 204.5 would be too suspicious, even though losing 1.2 pounds in a couple minutes is already a red flag)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNNfYU_019s

Ahahahaha holy poo poo this has to surpass Reem and Vitor juicing as the most conspicuous cheating ever.

Well played Daniel, MMA owns

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
DC's heel turn was amazing and it's refreshing to see a guy embrace the dark side in order to give himself a fair chance against his evil nemesis.

I hope he weighs in like 15 pounds over and does the towel trick again and manhandles Jones :allears:

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dangersim posted:

GSP was a bigger mighty mouse fighting better competition imo

GSP did have a crazy run. Aside from Dan Hardy, most his challengers were killers who made awesome runs and dominant wins of their own to get their title shots.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tezcatlipoca posted:

This is dumb as gently caress. GSP fought a bunch of unathletic bums not nearly on the level of MM's competition. Also, GSP didn't even have the decency to finish any of them except the fat lightweight who TKO'd him the fight before. And if you're talking about the garbage Silva fought at 205 while ignoring that DJ fought the best dudes at 135, with a full time job, then you are very, very stupid.

Lol unathletic bums? MM has fought exactly 1 guy who can dunk a basketball.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the fart guy's meltdown was extremely funny, please come back when you're off probation, guy

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tumor looking batty posted:

Do people want a Mousasi/Weidman rematch?

Sure, what else are they gonna do?

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
can someone post the joke for those of us who can't access twitter at work?

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Oh.....thanks guys.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The main difference is there are way more [bad] posts now. I remember entire weekends without a single post just a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Work Friend Keven posted:

1. Make fun of Conor for saying he could easily beat up A ref
2. Claim Mighty Mouse would easily beat up someone larger and better at fighting than that ref

Only complete morons who have never been to a gym thought Conor could not beat up a man that could be his grandfather.

Mighty Mouse has said on camera that his motivation is to become good enough to beat up Matt Hume (his coach). I don't know if Matt could beat any of the current heavyweights, but I think MM could have beat some heavyweights from 10-15 years ago by simply running around for 2 rounds until they gas out then kicking their ankles until they hurt too much to remain standing then they lay down and take a nap.

• Locked thread