Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Daylight savings time is loving stupid. I believe that the human body falls into natural rhythms influenced by millions of years of evolution and/or personal habits or whatever. I believe that adjusting to a sudden one hour change in the daily routine is bad for people. I believe these things strongly enough to call them religious beliefs, though I'm willing to adjust them in the face of evidence to the contrary.

Anyway, I just wanna come in at the same time every day and I don't know why ya'll got here an hour early for no drat reason and are calling me late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Daylight savings is good as hell. You need standard time in the winter because no one likes waking up in pitch black but having the sun go down at 9 pm all summer is the best. Any daylight in the morning while you're asleep is a total waste.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

ive never cared one way or the other op

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
time is an illusion you idiot bitch

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Yeah. Exactly. I wanna ignore society's rules about time and "standard work hours" because they are arbitrary as gently caress. Even when working from home I'm going to be required to work between :airquote:7:00 AM:airquote: and :airquote:5:30 PM:airquote:. I just wanna wake up and work 8-10 hours til I get to 40. :mad:

Bip Roberts posted:

Daylight savings is good as hell. You need standard time in the winter because no one likes waking up in pitch black but having the sun go down at 9 pm all summer is the best. Any daylight in the morning while you're asleep is a total waste.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Wake up when you are done sleeping.

Repent Harlequin, Said the Ticktockman posted:

The middle you know. Here is the beginning. How it starts: A desk pad. Day for day, and turn each day. 9:00 open the mail. 9:45 appointment with planning commission board.10:30 discuss installation progress charts with J.L. 11:45 pray for rain. 12:00 lunch. And so it goes.

Harold Fjord has issued a correction as of 17:23 on Apr 2, 2017

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

Nevvy Z posted:

Daylight savings time is loving stupid. I believe that the human body falls into natural rhythms influenced by millions of years of evolution and/or personal habits or whatever. I believe that adjusting to a sudden one hour change in the daily routine is bad for people. I believe these things strongly enough to call them religious beliefs, though I'm willing to adjust them in the face of evidence to the contrary.

Anyway, I just wanna come in at the same time every day and I don't know why ya'll got here an hour early for no drat reason and are calling me late.

millions of years of evolution and personal habits resulting in me just posting all day maybe

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUruzbsxYZY

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Bip Roberts posted:

I'd rather wake up in darkness than get out of work at 5:30 and have it might as well be midnight. It's depressing.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Bip Roberts posted:

This is actually just an argument for sleeping in during the winter months, in the parts of the globe where daylight savings are supposed to be a useful, since the sun only rises well after you arrive at work anyway, and sets around the time you get home.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015
SInce we don't need to conserve fuel in a war against germany im going to say daylight savings time is dumb and bad

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I live in the equator line so we don't have this bull poo poo op

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

is DST's ability to skip forward/backwards an hour only available once a year? cause i see reasonable adjustment's improved stamina and recovery as an asset in this fight, but DST introducing time-fuckery to the ring could really change the outcome!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

does anyone remember what DST's power level was during the french republican calendar arc?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Time is a lie, OP

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

logikv9 posted:

Time is a lie, OP

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
daylight savings time is one of the dumbest ideas ever and would never have been implemented if we'd had computers at the time

it has cost way the hell more in labor than it has saved in lamp fuel

sadly, even if we got rid of it now, we're never truly rid of it, because we still need to account for all wildly varying times when it was or was not in place in various countries, states, counties, cities, etc.

related aside: anyone who designs an application or api that makes you specify your time zone with an offset from GMT deserves to die in an aids fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
How much daylight have we saved? Can we have some 36 hour days?

• Locked thread