Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Newark, Newark, it's a hell of a town. To say the mob runs the place is like saying the ocean is a little damp. However, the new mayor has doubled down on recruiting new superheroes to defend the public at large. Current odds put his life expectancy at about two months. Half a dozen new volunteers have been called to the local police precinct for a brief orientation session with the captain, Nicky Valentino. The briefing room is unremarkable, dominated by a large table on which rest several communicators. The team finds a man in his early forties, short and corpulent. His black hair is mostly absent, having fled the premises some time ago. The pockets of his uniform bulge with unknown contents, nearly as overstuffed as their owner. He audibly wipes his nose with a sleeve before he starts speaking, his voice nasal and grating. His words are stilted, as though reading from a script.

"Greetings, new superhero volunteers. On the table before you are your official communicators, which will alert you to ongoing crimes, and enable you to exchange both voice and text messages. Your responsibility is handling superhuman threats, which will show up in red on your communicators. Other crimes can be handled by the police force, though you may assist, if you so desire. As you have elected to use your own personal spaces rather than be assigned a base of operations by the city, you will need to fill out form 37-C to receive your standard-issue crime computer, XD-7 workbench, GH-3 equipment storage locker, and E-5 microfusion generator, used to power the aforementioned. This form will require you to provide an address for delivery, but this need not be the address at which the item will be stored, to protect your privacy. However, in such an event, you will need to provide your own transportation, for reasons that should be obv-obvi-o-achoo!"

The captain sneezes, creating a cloud of green as the dollar bills burst out of his pockets from the force of his sneezing. He quickly snatches the money out of the air and stuffs it back in his uniform.

"None o' youse saw any o' that, capisce? Arright, where was I? Eh, whateva. You'll getcher crap in a few weeks, there's some safety warnings in here, nothin' important, just don't be a jamoke. Now I got a lotta friggin' paperwork cuzza youse guys signin' up, so amscray. And figure out a goddamn name fer yesselves!"

He lumbers from the room, leaving the team with their communicators and requisition form. They'll need a fair amount of storage space to keep their new stuff, possibly part of a large warehouse or stock room. There are uniformed officers and detectives in the squad room who could probably answer and questions the new heroes have, seeing as Captain Valentino didn't see fit to stick around.

(In your first post, link to a Google Doc containing your character's stats and such, including my conversions of your powers. Be sure to use the original posts, to make sure you get the most recently-edited versions. This is also an opportunity, if you want, to go into detail about how you got involved in this, which you can work out with each other on Discord. It's first-come, first-serve when determining whose version of events is correct, in the case of minor conflicting details.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Rehab
Jul 8, 2005

BRAD! the Living Skeleton

The skeleton dressed only in a denim jacket and black workboots pushes himself off the wall he was leaning against. He looks everybody over, grinning. Well, he's always grinning. His head is a skull - goes with the rest of his body. But there's an extra bit of grin there, you can just tell.

He calls out to one of the uniformed cops nearby.

"Hey Officer? Two things. I don't, strictly speaking, have an abode of my own right now due to, uh, circumstances. So you guys can just send all my stuff over to Slugger's place there, he won't mind. Also, can I get an advance on my pay for this thing?"

He nods and points a finger gun at Slugger as he pulls some flyers out of the pocket of his denim jacket (which, it can be seen, has a black playing card spade on the back around which are crudely stitched the words "BRAD! the Living Skeleton", although on close inspection there's the faded outline of the place where "Motörhead" was once stitched).

As he starts handing out flyers to those assembled, BRAD! introduces himself to those he doesn't know.

"So, hey guys! I'm BRAD! the Living Skeleton and, uh, I'm a living skeleton. I do other cool and spooky poo poo, too. Anyway, when you guys get a chance you should come see my Whitesnake Tribute Band, uh, Whitesnake Tribute Band. We're gonna come up with a different name 'cos we're starting to do more of our own stuff now. Yeah, so come down to Ray's on Friday. Good team building exercise. Two drink minimum."

The flyers are poorly photocopied and show a photo of BRAD! and four other disreputable looking men in various tough-guy poses. The wording directs you to the Ray's Lounge Bar Open Mic Night on Friday and, true enough, there's a two drink minimum.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Nora Walker

Nora adjusts her glasses, looking at the forms. "Hm, can't see a damned thing on this. Be a dear and fill this ou-". She stops mid-sentence as she pans across the room. Idiot skeleton, no. Large artist, no. Baseball fan, god no. Maybe Italian guy. Wizardbrain, bingo. She slides her form over to Isaac. "Be a dear and fill this out, yes? That's a good lad."

She shifts in her chair, straightening her knit sweater, and swats away BRAD!'s flyer. "Why don't you start by finding a name for us, so Gasbag there doesn't get his butter-coated arteries in a pinch." She pulls a lemon-flavored cough drop from her purse and pops it into her mouth. "Actually, don't. Might be better off that way. I didn't vote for him, you know."

"Bleedin'" Nora Walker

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Joe Obasi/Slugger

Slugger sits quietly, examining the communicator as the police chief talks. No matter which way he looked or where the lights were coming from, his cap always seemed to block his face, or cover it in shadow. It is easy to tell that he is not terribly impressed with the chief or the cloud of money. He reads the form intently, following each word with a pen before signing it.

He glances up at BRAD!'s flyer, taking it and folding it neatly, putting it into his back pocket.

"I have storage in the basement of my store. That should be enough room to put this equipment." he imagines the basement of his grocery store for a moment, then shakes his head, "Might as well call us "The Other Superhero Team." That's basically what we are isn't it?"

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!
Liam Rochay AKA Claymation

By necessity Liam did not sit. Too many cheap plastic chairs had been sacrificed to his prodigious muscle mass over the years for him to risk depriving his new teammates of their own seats. Instead, he squatted, so low down he was only half a foot taller then everyone else.

GREET-” He boomed, before reasserting a bit more control. “Greetings BRAD! Good to meet you in the fles- in person.” Out of politeness, and to cover the possible faux pas, he takes one of his new team mates flyers and puts it away for later. “I am Claymation. If anyone would have trouble storing their new equipment, I have some spare studio space that I could put up for the cause. Should anyone need it. Or Sluggers basement get too full. Now, I think a name might be a good starting point." At the Sluggers own suggestion, he laughs. "Simple, easy to follow. It isn't pretentious and gets straight to the point. I like it."

Captain Rehab
Jul 8, 2005

BRAD! reaches up to clap Claymation on the shoulder.

"Hey, welcome to America buddy! Claymatia's one of those Pacific Islands, right?"

He leans in towards Claymation and points at his own ribcage.

"I. Like. Rugby", he says slowly, eagerly nodding his head, "Very. Tough. Guys."

Turning to Slugger, he snaps his boney fingers.

"Yeah I can go with that name. Suits us. But once we hit the big time, we're gonna have to go with something badass. Gotta think about how it looks on the merchandise".

Captain Rehab fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Apr 3, 2017

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
The officer BRAD! approaches jumps and nearly grabs his gun before realizing who the skeleton is. Grumbling something about "Super-weirdos", he explains what he knows about the payment system. "CHESS does some black site mumbo-jumbo and distributes your cash randomly, like it's all legit for your secret identity. It's like money laundering. Uh, not that I know anything about that. You got full benefits, too, health, dental, mental, you even get a guy to fix your spandex. If you build any fancy crap, you can expense some of the parts, too. That answer your question so I can get back to my job?" As he huffs the last word, a roll of money falls from his pant leg, and he nonchalantly slides it under the desk next to him with his foot, hiding it from view.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Joe Obasi/Slugger

Joe follows BRAD! toward the desk, to hand in his paperwork. He leans over slightly as yet more money falls out of a pocket of a supposed police officer, who then kicks it under the table. He straightens back up slowly, looking down at the cop. He reaches into his back pocket and pulls out his copy of the Superhero Guidelines Handbook and starts reading it, looking at the cop and back to the handbook several times before he nods. Slugger puts the handbook back in his pocket and gives the man at the desk his paper work.

"Is there anything else?"

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Vincent Scarfo/The Suit

Vincent takes the flyer from Brad!, " Thank you. I'm new to Newark, but I do like classic rock bands."

"My name is Vincent or The Suit. No, I didn't mean to melt the liberty bell." Vincent scoops up his communicator. "Which grocery store is this? Is it close to that Steak and Take that Isaac keeps dragging me too?"

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Joe Obasi/Slugger

He nods at The Suit's question, "That's the one."

Then Joe looks back at the others, suddenly remembering, "Oh, yes. You may call me Slugger. I hit things with a bat and manipulate the fabric of time and space. But, mostly I hit things with a bat."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Isaac Hennessy/Akela the Shimmering

[THIS IS BENEATH US! HOW DARE THIS OLD WOMAN IMPOSE HER PAPERWORK UPON THE MIGHTY AKELA!]

[It's just paperwork, man. They're not gonna read it, I'm just filling in random circles. And she's like 90, you gotta be nice to your elders.]

[I am her elder by millenia, Isaac, and yet you don't seem to have a problem WASTING MY TIME. Perhaps I should grow you a crystal backbone too so you'll stop letting her walk over you.]

[What am I gonna do, gesture at her rudely whenever she asks me something? She'll just hit me with the cane. Besides, she's my landlord, you don't piss off the landlord.]

Isaac hands both his and Nora's paperwork back to the cop (?) and grabs his communicator. Send to all.

code:
Hey if you don't know me the name's Isaac and I guess the codename's 
gotta be AKELA because the wizard's a cranky rear end in a top hat

HE IS AN IMBECILE AND I WOULD NOT LIVE IN HIS HEAD IF I HAD ANY CHOICE IN THE MATTER, 
HE HAS NO RIGHT TO IMPOSE A FOOLISH NAME UPON THE GREATEST WIZARD OF ALL TIME.

He won't let me backspace that sorry, he also does not have an inside voice :(

Oh what the hell this thing doesn't even have emojis

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 4, 2017

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Joe Obasi/Slugger

Slugger grabs his communicator as it beeps, tipping his cap up slightly to get a better look before turning his face to Isaac, "So you have a wizard in your head? Is this a multidimensional arrangement where you occupy the same three dimensional space simultaneously?"

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

“Hah. I’m afraid I haven’t yet been classed as an island. I’ll go back after leg day next week, see if they change their mind this time.”

Finishing his own forms, Claymation nearly stands up before remembering where he is, and instead reaches over to the officer to hand over his application forms.

“Hello to the both of you as well.” He says, nodding toward Vincent and Isaac. “Oh, and Akela of course. So. We’re officially heroes. Grand. Shall we look for trouble or let it come to us?”

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Isaac turns to Slugger and shrugs, then taps at the communicator again.

code:
Kinda, I think, except not really. He sealed himself into a crystal and teleported himself through time or something

Now the crystal is in my brain so I gotta deal with him yelling at me in my head all the time

Actually based on what he's saying now I guess the crystal technically is my brain

Anyway now I can pretty much shut off somebody's superpowers if it's not technology

And I can draw out the inner potential of gems to do stuff, but I gotta pay for the gems so I try to avoid doing it too much

I do have a pocket dimension though, that's where I keep the staff

It's not for spells, Atlantean wizards just liked carrying big sticks to clobber people with

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Joe Obasi/Slugger

He nods approvingly, reaching out to his side and summoning a dull gray baseball bat from apparently thin air, before letting it rest over his shoulder, "I can appreciate that."

Then slugger looks over at Claymation, then checks the clock on the wall of precinct, "Well, I already closed the store today and it's a bit late to reopen so my day is a wash. We might as well go try to... stop crime, I guess. Brad the living skeleton trademark has informed me that is a surefire way to fame and riches. I'm not sure if that's for me, but he seems very intent on the idea, so why not start now."

Captain Rehab
Jul 8, 2005

BRAD! gives an enthusiastic two thumbs up.

"Hell yeah. Something else you gotta know, man. Chicks dig superheroes."

He digs a cigarette out of the pack in the pocket of his jacket and puts it between his teeth.

"Let's go looking for trouble".

Noticing the NO SMOKING sign, he takes the cigarette out of his mouth and attempts to tuck it behind his ear, which isn't there. The cigarette lands on his clavicle, falling into his ribcage and bouncing around a bit before exiting his pelvis and landing on the floor. With a muttered curse, BRAD! bends down and picks it up.

He puts it back in the pack and tries to look cool.

Captain Rehab fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Apr 4, 2017

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Nora Walker

Nora watches BRAD! fumble with his cigarette.

"Go lookin' for trouble? We're six superheroes, how often are you walking down the street and there's a big, earth-shaking crime where a full superteam swoops in and saves the day?"

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

No sooner do the words leave Nora's mouth than the team's communicators begin to buzz. Apparently they got connected a little early, or more likely, the captain just called the meeting late. The communicators' screens show a map of the area, with red markers all along Broad Street. It appears that a group of supervillains have decided to rob all the banks between Military Park and Hill Street. So far, the system has identified Ten-Ton Tony and Bada-Boom from the Carozzo Family, so it seems safe to assume the mob is behind the heist. The sitrep mentions that the nearby precinct has officers surrounding the area, but they're waiting for superpowered backup to deal with the metahuman elements.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Vincent Scarfo/The Suit

"Well, I guess we should go stop a bank robbery. I didn't see any sort of transportation for the rest of you in these forms, so how long will it take for the rest of you to get there?
And are we going to try to plan this, or just rely on our instincts? Anyone heard of Ten Ton Tony or Bada Boom? Any ideas on their powers/weaknesses"

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Nora Walker

Nora picks up her communicator, and rotates it around in her hand, obviously confused by the device.

"Can I call a cab with this thing? I sure as hell ain't walkin' to no bank robbery"

Captain Rehab
Jul 8, 2005

BRAD! looks as excited as an ambulatory skeleton can look.

"I got you ma'am. So here's what I think - I throw Nora on the back of my bike, ride in there like bats out of hell. Scare the poo poo out of these dudes, do my thing and make 'em think all hell's coming for 'em while Nora throws candy at them like the sweetest little old Valkyrie you've ever seen. While they're still wetting their pants, you guys take 'em down".

He shrugs his shoulders.

"I'm sure you guys can figure out how to get there, too. Just don't leave us hanging".

Looking to Nora, he nods his head.

"You OK to ride without a helmet, ma'am? It's likely to get a little wild".

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Nora Walker

"Young man, this isn't my first rodeo. I'm ready to go when you are." She starts ambling towards the door.

"No time for dawdlin', we got a lowlife to meet!"

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Joe Obasi/Slugger

Slugger follows Nora and the others out of the precinct, resting his bat on the ground before putting his arms up to crack his fingers and neck, "I can make it there on my own."

The air seems to shimmer around the baseball hero, and his movements take on the appearance of an old-time movie. His movements just a bit too quick, too jerky. Then he crouches down, his legs expanding in a somewhat horrific fashion before he leaps straight up into the air, kicking off the roof of the precinct and starting to run and swing his way over the rooftops of Jersey at 70 miles per hour.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

[Wow, that's disturbing. You know what that Slugger guy's deal is?]

[You have more important things to worry about.]

[Is that your way of saying that you don't know either but you're too proud to admit it?]

[Fighting crime was YOUR idea, Isaac, not mine. Get on with it. The faster you earn a paycheck the faster we will be on the road to rebuilding something vaguely approaching a tolerable collection of artifacts.]

Isaac pulls out his communicator and starts looking for a nonverbal means of calling for transport. This thing had to at least have some kind of Uber app, right?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

As the team rushes for the door, a few of the cops in the precinct, having overheard their conversation, pass along some basic information about the identified criminals, though New Jersey residents would already be familiar with them. "Ten-Ton" Tony Valenti can turn into cement, increasing his size considerably, as well, while Johnny "Bada-Boom" Lopenti can make things explode. They're both minor lieutenants in the Carozzo family, due to their limited powers and even more limited intelligence. Given the size of the job, it's likely someone smarter is on the scene to keep things organized.

By choosing different means of transportation, the group is inevitably split up. BRAD! makes a beautiful entrance, skidding to a stop in front of the Bank of America on Market Street, knocking a pair of Carozzo goons sprawling in the process. In front of the doors, barking orders at other thugs carrying bags of cash, is Ten-Ton Tony, made obvious by the fact that he's twelve feet tall and made of cement. His pinstripe suit was apparently treated with the same chemicals as any superhero's outfit, as it fits his enlarged frame perfectly. He looks over the pair of superheroes that have just arrived, and cocks an eyebrow. "Wouldja get a load o' these jokers! We got a us a decrepit ol' pile o' bones, and a skeleton!" He guffaws loudly, a harsh grinding sound accompanying his every word due to his stony composition. When he's finished mocking BRAD! and Nora, his expression turns to a dismissive glare. "Arright, boys, waste 'em." The remaining half-dozen mobsters level their tommy guns and prepare to open fire.

One of the uniformed officers on duty offers to give Isaac and Liam and lift, and his patrol car is fortunately able to handle Claymation's weight. He drops the pair off just north of Hill Street, where a trio of banks are being cleared out. Slugger arrives at about the same time, having followed along. This group of would-be bank robbers is led by a thin, weaselly gangster with a thin mustache, presumably Bada-Boom. His suit is ill-fitting and an almost offensive shade of purple, and his wide-brimmed hat does little to hide the constant look of nervousness on his face. As soon as he spies the heroes, he jumps back in surprise, his eyes locked on Claymation's imposing figure. "Ah, crud, we got capes! Hey, you guys, get out here and help me out!" Ten goons with machine guns have soon poured out of the banks, ready for a fight.

Vincent, traveling by air, sets down north of Market on Broad, landing among the first banks hit. While it seems they've been cleared out and the criminals have largely moved on, he can spy several ne'er-do-wells loading the ill-gotten loot into the back of a van. Standing by the van is a man in an expensive-looking Italian suit, with a white scarf draped over his shoulders. At first, he's just overseeing the heist, but just before The Suit sets down, he perks up, and makes a waving gesture to his men. "Okay, let's get a couple more bags in and then we gotta go, some heroes just showed up to hassle the boys. I don't recognize 'em, but I ain't takin' no chances, 'specially since we got company, ourselves." It's then that he looks at Vincent, having apparently sensed him before seeing him, somehow. His five henchmen take up positions around the van, while their leader confidently strides forward, making no move toward cover.

(That's right, three running battles! Gonna need initiative rolls from all of you. Ten-Ton Tony has a 13 and one action, his boys are at 14. Bada-Boom is at 16 with two actions, his cronies at 13. The ringleader, Mickey "Peepers" Carozzo, is at 31, with three actions, and his men are at 14. When attacking, the adjustments for level are -1 for Tony and Bada-Boom, as they're the same level as you guys, and -2 for Mickey, who's level 2. Mickey's also got an additional -4 from Heightened Defense. Nameless henchmen are always considered exactly one level below you guys, as a houserule, so no penalties. Nobody is using any special defense rows this time around, but Tony has much lower Intelligence and Charisma than Nora, so use those rows if attempting to use Telepathy or some sort of taunting special attack.)

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 5, 2017

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Vincent Scarfo/The Suit

Initiative: 1d10+31+31 69 My assumption is that my bio-armor is up and I'm in my void form.

The Suit in starfield form is unnerving for onlookers, a starfield really shouldn't be standing in Newark. "You were given an opportunity to surrender, before I arrived, so now is the time you should run away. But leave the money." He pauses for what is an eternity for him, and is probably 300 milliseconds for the criminals, and then points a finger at one of the robbers near the van. A small bubble forms from his fingers and shoots toward the robber, growing as it travels.

Action phase 69 bubble of depressurization at henchmen closest to driver seat of van: 1d20+5 17 Woops, I figured out that the +5 isn't to the roll it's to the target number so the result of the roll is 12, and the target number was 15 so this is a hit. Don't see any damage to roll. Power cost 2 Current power 73

The Suit turns to the white scarf guy, "You look like a problem." and a bolt of blue energy shoots from his hand.

Action phase 53 Particle beam attack on Mickey: 1d20 8 Nicked him.
Particle beam damage: 4d6+8 22 Power cost 3 Current power 70.

A few seconds later, The Suit's form thickens as what appears to be plates of black chitin obscures his starfield.

Action phase 37, The Suit generates additional bone armor. Power cost 3, Current power 67 I will of course edit this if I am wrong about anything.

Once again a crackling blue bolt of energy shoots from his hand to connect with the leader.
Action phase 21 Particle beam attack: 1d20 13 Nicked him again.
Particle beam damage: 4d6+8 20 Power cost 3 Current power 64

The Suit fires another bubble at one of the robbers at the front of the van, but it misses. . .
Action phase 5 Bubble depressurization: 1d20 19Power cost 2 Current power 62

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Apr 6, 2017

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Joe Obasi/Slugger

Slugger sees the world moving at half speed as he sprints across the rooftops, following the indicator on his communicator toward the nearest robbery. He leaps off the final building, landing in what would be a bone-shattering fashion for someone without his particular... composition. Instead of splattering into the pavement, he lands in a crouch, standing up slowly and unharmed as he surveys the scene, his comrades arriving at the same time by car. He notes the way the leader of the criminals looks at Claymation with nervousness. Size seems to intimidate.

Then he looks down the row of goons in a very unsettling way, completely uncaring about the guns they have pointed at him.

Not a threat.
Not a threat.
Not a threat.
Not a threat.
Not a threat.
The leader.
Not a threat.
Not a threat.
Not a threat.
Not a threat.
Not a threat.

His movements are still jerky, as though time was passing faster for him, but he still manages to speak clearly when he is done surveying the scene.

Initiative (1d10+17+2): 1d10+19 20
Power: 67 (Big Arms) - 2 (time speed) - 2 (Big arms) - 1 (Jumping Legs to get here) - 1 (Big Hands right now) = 61

He starts to sprint forward, bat held at the ready, but as he does so he seems to... leave his arms behind. His body keeps moving, but his hands and arms start to stretch out behind him, rippling and warping as though there were heatwaves distorting the already unnatural sight and jerky, too fast movements.

At the same time the bat he's weilding grows to enormous size, growing in proportion to his arms, until he suddenly stops in front of Bada-Boom.

"None of us wear capes."

Then he rotates his whole body in a massive overhead swing at the super-powered criminal.

Batter Up (HtH 5 + 2 (acc) + 3 (big bat) + 2 (speed) + 2 (big arms) + 2 (Power) =15: 1d20 6
Power: -2 for accuracy = 59

Damage (1d10 (HtH) + 1d6 (bat) + 1d10 (Big arms) + 2d6 (Big Hands) + 1): 2d10+3d6+1 24

"Oh right. Surrender or face justice, criminal."

He takes one hand off the bat and makes a motion, trying to wrap the plastic of the weapon around Bada-Boom, sealing him in place (with breathing holes of course).

(Spending 2 power to try and encase Bada-Boom in plastic, 4 power for accuracy, New Power Total total: 53)
Plastification (TN 11 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 4 (Power Spent)) = 18: 2d20 9 [2d20=4, 5]

professor_curly fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 6, 2017

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Initiative: 18+1d10 20

“Okay, most of them aren’t powered and there aren’t any hostages. If we- oh Sluggers gone. Okay. He’s taking care of the main guy.” Claymation briefly looks over his shoulder and says to Isaac. “If you feel like you’ll need a tank, stick close. If you’re gonna be fine, go nuts.”

”FOOLS! WHO DARES MOVE AGAINST THE SON OF EARTH!”

Storming forward toward the assembling mooks, Claymation hurls two boulders before moving into fist range.

First Boulder To Hit: 1d20 4
HTH 5 + HTH Weapon 2 + 3 ACC = 10. Hit

First Boulder Damage: 2d6 10
2d6 Damage. -2 Power. 74/76

Second Boulder To Hit: 1d20 20
HTH 5 + +HTH Weapon 2 + 3 ACC = 10. Miss

Second Boulder Damage: 2d6 12
2d6 Damage. - 2 Power. 72/76.

OscarDiggs fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 5, 2017

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Bleedin' Nora

"That's no way to treat your elders. You should be ASHAMED of yourself."

Nora opens her purse, frowning deeply, and a wide variety of hard candy rises out of it. Butterscotches, Lifesavers, even a few of those delicious strawberry ones suddenly start firing at high speeds towards one of the mooks.

init: 1d10+11 20
Power: 78

Targetting a mook, and then the same mook if he's up, or another if he's down.

Target 11 (5 HtH + 4 H.Expertise + 2 HtH Weapon)

Shot 1 (Init 20):
Candyshot 1: 1d20 15. Miss
Candyshot 1 dmg: 2d8 16

Shot 2 (Init 4):
Candyshot 2: 1d20 9. Hit
Candyshot 2 dmg: 2d8 5
(Candy: 8/10)

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 5, 2017

Captain Rehab
Jul 8, 2005

Initiative 36 / 1d10 = 5 +15 Agility + 16 Slow Motion Control: 1d10+31 36

Power 62

BRAD! skids to a halt in front of the big cement guy and his goons.

He stares at Tony and shakes his head sadly.

"You talk to an old lady like that, man? You might not be able to tell, but I'm frowning pretty hard right now. What would your nonna say?"

With that, he extends one hand and points behind them.

"Let's ask her".

Behind the mafioso appears the figure of the most quintessential Italian mother BRAD! can conjure. Sweater, shawl, horn-rimmed glasses - a little stooped, sure, but with eyes like gimlets. She is the amalgam of every little old Italian lady BRAD! has ever seen (and in Jersey, that's quite a few). The pure essence of mamma. The Platonic ideal. The ur-mamma.

"BOYS!", she yells, and mercilessly peppers them with questions.

"Why you picking on these two? When you going to get married? When you going to give me grandchildren? Have you been smoking? Why you go and buy gnocchi from the store when your mamma make it for you?"

While the goons are distracted, BRAD! leaps off his bike and runs at the goon farthest away from Tony. He clasps his arms together and the bones shift and meld, taking the form of a large, bone sledgehammer. He winds up and takes a swing.

-2 Power for Illusion
-1 Power for BoneHammer

Taking a swing at a mook with my sledgehammer arm

Target 5 HtH + 1 Accuracy +2 Slow Motion Control + 3 Big Club = 11

Bonehammer shot 1: 1d20 8
Hit
Damage: 1d6+1d8 6

Power 59

Captain Rehab fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 6, 2017

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Initiative: 25

Advantages of a crystal brain: you can process the battlefield a lot faster. One superhuman, 10 idiots with guns. The first step was neutralize Bada-Boom before he lived up to his name. That'd leave him helpless against the others. From there, he could work on cutting down on the amount of bullets in the air by cracking some gangster skulls with the Staff.

[An acceptable, if primitive plan. Let's see if your training hasn't been a complete waste of my time.]

Isaac gives Claymation a wink and a smile, pointing to his gem necklace. With this thing's defensive shockwaves, he was a lot tougher than he looked. Taking a deep breath and closing his eyes, he focuses on Bada-Boom, twisting his hands together in an arcane pattern. Concentrate. Envision the astral web that binds all beings. Cast forth mental energy along that web to disrupt the fundamental harmonics of his mind and body. Mind over matter in the purest sense.

Isaac exhales, opens his eyes, and thrusts his palms forward, sending a scintillating bolt of light into the gangster. It sizzles against him with no apparent effect, but Isaac grins. Sometimes they could immediately tell what had happened, sometimes they found out the hard way. In either case, Bada-Boom's day had just gotten a lot worse.

With that done, it was time to start on part two of the master plan: hitting people with a giant stick. Isaac jumps and slides across the hood of the cruiser, running right towards the closest two gun-wielding mobsters. They don't look too impressed by the skinny guy charging at them. That changes when he pulls Akela's gem-inlaid staff out of thin air. The large crystal at the tip hums audibly and leaves shining trails with each swing; there's a loud *CRACK* of force as slams the weapon head-first into the first mook, then smoothly turns and jabs the other end into the other one's gut.

Yeah. This was the hero life. This was good. REAL good. He could get used to this.

First Action (Initiative 25)

Power Neutralization vs 19 (12 Base +2 Accuracy -1 Bada-Boom +6 Power): 13

Second Action (Initiative 10)

1 Power to draw Akela's Staff from my Instant Wardrobe, then charging the two closest mobsters and going for a double attack.

Staff Attack on Mook vs 15 (HTH 5 +2 Accuracy +3 Big Club -0 Mooks +5 Power): 13

Attack #1 Damage (Base HTH 1d6+ Big Club 1d12 + Damage Mod 8): 11

Staff Attack on Mook #2 vs 19 (HTH 5 +2 Accuracy +3 Big Club -0 Mooks +9 Power): 14, -2 power for extra attack

Attack #2 Damage: 13

Power 72/94
Staff Charges: 8/10
Amulet Charges: 10/10

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Apr 6, 2017

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

The Suit

As one of the goons guarding the vans starts to clutch at his rapidly reddening face, eyes bulging in their sockets, a beam of pure destruction only barely misses their leader, leaving a small hole in the side of the bank behind him. The energy from the attack appears to be redirected through the scarf over his shoulders, more than half the material burning away from the sheer destructive force. The guy looks impressed. "Not bad, not bad. Name's Mickey Carozzo, I'll be killin' ya today. Now hold still." He moves with impressive speed, and is soon right next to Vincent, looking him over. The Suit suddenly feels very exposed, despite his newly-formed armor. "Arright, I think I get it. Yer a lot like us, you got a bad rap. Eh, who cares about public opinion, 'm I right?" The Suit's reply comes in the form of another beam of annihilation, and another hole in the bank wall. The remainder of Mickey's scarf burns away, and his suit looks a little singed. "Whoa! Not much of a talker, huh? Arright, lemme show you why they call me 'Peepers'!" Twin beams, similar in color to Vincent's particle beam, shoot forth from Carozzo's eyes, which sear right into Vincent's bio-organic armor, hitting a spot left uncovered by his chitinous armor plates. As The Suit misses with a vacuum bubble, another pair of beams burn a hole in the chitin, as Mickey moves backwards.

In the meantime, the goon squad opens fire, unleashing a hail of gunfire. Of the four not subject to depressurization, only two score any hits at all, each of them nailing The Suit with three bullets, the other two of their volleys going wild. Half of the bullets impact his armor plating, while the remainder get through to hit his primary armor. The remaining mobster shoots wildly, but only hits the scenery as he struggles to remain standing.

(You have been scanned with Weakness Detection, giving "Peepers" a +10 to-hit due to his 30 Intelligence, as well as knowledge of your Prejudice weakness, and then you got blasted with Disintegration beams dealing 17 damage to your Bio-Armor, and 26 to your bone armor. Mickey's target number for you is so high now that very little will keep him from hitting you. The bullets dealt 11 damage to the Bio-Armor and 8 to the bone armor. Keep track of their current AR values. He got a couple lucky armor rolls, and both of your nicks wound up going to his outermost layer of armor, part of the Carozzo Family three-piece suit. Fortunately, unlike all other attacks, your particle beam, being phenomenally destructive, deals excess damage to the person, or their next layer of armor, depending on how the dice pan out, rather than excess damage on armor being ignored. In this case, his main suit took the remaining 2 points of damage that the scarf couldn't handle. Mickey's initiative for the next round is 34, and his henchmen are at 12.)

BRAD! and Nora

One of the thugs on the scene immediately throws down his weapon and flees back into the back, screaming, "I'm sorry, ma, I didn't mean it!" His compatriots, including Tony, are less impressed by the show. In fact, Ten-Ton Tony booms, "Are youse guys makin' fun... of MY MAMA?!" BRAD! manages to graze one of the gangsters, but he rolls with the hit, and is left almost unscathed. Nora's attack fares a little better, her target had shown up expecting a lot this morning, but being pelted with telekinetically-controlled candy was not included, he could only gape in surprise as he's knocked back towards the wall of the bank by the force. However, he's left standing, and the five mafiosos spray the pair with hot lead. Only the pair that had been attacked manage to hit their marks, with a few grazing shots effortlessly deflected by Nora's defensive field, and two bullets impacting harmlessly against BRAD!'s bones. That's when Brad leaves the ground, launched back down the bank steps by the massive fist of Ten-Ton Tony. "Don't NOBODY make fun o' my mama!"

(The bad guys rolled really well to disbelieve the illusion, but one dude rolled a 20, so he just bailed. The other guys didn't deal enough to get through Invulnerability, but left BRAD! with 3 left for the round, which didn't go so well when Tony scored a critical hit, dealing 26 damage, halved to 13. That's 10 damage you can either roll with, or take. I'm assuming you rolled with the hit to reduce it to 5 damage. Tony is at 10 this round, his boys at 12.)

The other guys

Slugger's strike against Bada-Boom was quite effective, but rather than simply folding, the gangster's suit seemed to protect him from the attack, though whatever sort of underwire was serving to protect him would be bent and broken by the force of his attacks. Bada-Boom merely smirked, picking up a nearby rock and throwing it at his assailant. However, the rock merely bounced off Slugger's chest and fell harmlessly to the ground. "What the hell?" was all Bada-Boom could manage before he was encased in plastic, his powers momentarily neutralized by Isaac. However, the encasement disrupts Isaac's hold over Bada-Boom's powers, and soon a muffled "Arright, now this is happenin'!" can be heard through the plastic. Then the plastic starts to glow. The explosion rocks the street, but isn't large enough to hit anyone besides the guy standing right next to it. The plastic itself does nothing, Slugger proving as immune to high-speed objects as always, but the raw energy that had suffused the plastic to cause the explosion burns quite a bit and throws Joseph backwards, landing only barely on his feet. "Now ya pissed me off!"

Most of the other mobsters end up focused on Slugger's companions, as both Claymation and Isaac leave them reeling from blunt force, and one unconscious entirely. They block as best they can, but they're left unsteady on their feet. Three fire uselessly at The Slugger, the bullets that hit doing nothing, while another two take aim at Isaac (including the remaining one he'd clobbered), and the other four try to fill Liam with daylight. While most of the shots miss Akela, several still find purchase, providing a painful reminder of the frailties of flesh. Liam is also peppered with bullets, but only one manages to get through his earthborn strength.

(That explosion was pretty powerful, dealing 18 damage, but remember that you can roll with the hit to reduce the damage. Isaac has 2, 5, 3, and 5 damage coming on separate bullets, they can be rolled with separately, as well, to basically negate the damage. Liam takes a 5-damage bullet and a 2-damage one, the former is absorbed by his Invulnerability, while the latter can be rolled off. Bada-Boom is at 21 this round, his buddies are at 18. One of the guys hit by Isaac actually rolled poorly enough to get knocked out by the hit he took, he was the guy whose shots were deflected by Akela's pendant lowering his HTH target number before the edit, so that usage isn't consumed, but all the same bullets hit.)

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 6, 2017

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Isaac lets out a little gasp of pain as a bullet skims his bicep. A quick glance confirms the wound isn't serious. Just a little bleeding, barely touched him. He, on the other hand, is now feeling very serious. He needed to put these guys down fast, and that meant maximum effort. Looks like he'd be burning some gems today after all. But how long could he keep that up?

[Surely you remember that the Amethyst is a well of power, Isaac?]

Isaac grins at the reminder. Yeah. Yeah, he was gonna be just fine. He hurls himself at the one he'd hit who was still standing, delivering another blow with the staff, then spins and clubs the next one in line.

While they sprawl, he reaches into one of his robe's many pockets and produces a Ruby Quartz. Another advantage of a crystal brain: great memory for where you keep these things. Holding it over his left eye, he focuses his mind and sends a laser blast towards Bada-Boom. A tiny chip mars the gem's perfection as he drains its power.

--------------------

Rolling with the first 3 completely, taking the last hit in full because HP's pretty cheap for me too.

Unconsciousness <5: 96

Initiative Round 2: 1d10+16 19

First Action (19)

Staff Attack #1 on Mook vs 19 (HTH 5 +2 Accuracy +3 Big Club -0 Mooks +9): 9

Staff Damage #1: 13

Staff Attack #2 on Other Mook vs 19: 10, -2 power for extra attack

Staff Damage #2: 13 the dice came up exactly the same :psyduck:

Second Action (4)

Ruby Quartz Laser on Bada-Boom vs 18 (HTH 5 +2 Accuracy -1 Bada-Boom +12 Power): 7

Laser Damage: 18

HP: 21/26
Power 30/94
Staff Charges: 6/10
Amulet Charges: 10/10

Captain Rehab
Jul 8, 2005

Power 59

Is BRAD! unconscious? Unconscious?: 1d100 54 - Nope

Initiative: 1d10+31 36

BRAD! manages a weak "oh shi-" before he's hit with the force of Tony's cement fist. He sees it coming a split-second before it connects - and he's fast, but not quite fast enough. Clattering down the bank's stairs, he bounces to his feet.

Well that went well

"Hey, not at all, blockhead", he says, but maybe with not the same amount of bravado as before.

"For one, she sure as poo poo hits harder than you".

Darkness engulfs BRAD!, flowing over and, it seems, through his bones until he's indistinguishable from it. Where there was a skeleton with questionable taste, there now stands a patch of somehow slightly seedy darkness - the corner shadows of a dimly lit dive bar, or those cast by trees and buildings on the bleary walk home the morning after.

Two streaks of blackness erupt from it at great speed, right towards the freakishly large, suited cement man.

Roll with punch -5
APS Shadow -4 Power
2 Shadow Bolts at Tony - 4 Power

Target = 8 (5 + 2 Ranged + 1 Accuracy)

Shadow Bolt 1: 1d20 7
HIT

Damage - Shadow Bolt 1: 3d6 11

Shadow Bolt 2: 1d20 20
SPECTACULAR MISS!

Power 46
HP 9/14

Captain Rehab fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 6, 2017

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Vincent Scarfo/The Suit

(Holy Maria, this guy hits hard, better concentrate on him, and just try to avoid the guns. Hope the rest of the team is faring better.)

"Pleased to meet you Mickey, but you won't be killing anyone today."

The Suit begins to move around in the street, trying to keep distance from both Mickey and the henchmen, and lets loose with three crackling beam of blue destruction.

Initiative: 1d10+31+31 72 Bio-Armor: 97 Bone Armor: 41

Action phase 72 - Particle beam attack: 1d20 1 Particle beam damage Direct Hit: 6d6+20 39 Except that was a 1, so damage is 56 right?. Expend 6 power for Void form. 3 power for Particle beam Current power 53 Note, will expend power to use Super Speed Defense against incoming attacks from henchmen.

Action phase 56 Particle beam attack: 1d20 12 Nicked. Particle beam damage Nicked: 4d6+8 18 Power cost 3 Current Power 50

Action phase 40 Particle beam attack: 1d20 11 Nicked.Particle beam damage Nicked: 4d6+8 24 Power cost 3 Current Power 47

"Mickey, I'm new in town, but have you considered trying the straight life? You are never going to make Capo with a nickname like Peepers. I mean hitting 3 banks in the middle of daylight? What you a coglione?" (Why did I say that? Better throw a bubble on him, if he can't breathe he might not be able to kill me)

The Suit targets Mickey with 2 bubbles of depressurization. One misses, but one hits.

Action phase 24 Bubble of depressurization: 1d20 17 Miss. Power cost 2 Current Power 45

[i] Action phase 8 Bubble of depressurization: 1d20 9 Power cost 2 Current Power 43 [i]

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Apr 6, 2017

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Joe Obasi/Slugger

Initiative (1d10 + 17 + 2): 1d10+19 21

He gives a gritted hiss through gritted teeth as his own plastic construct is superheated and thrown back at him, causing him to stagger backwards at the unexpected wave of pain. He just manages to dodge the burning plastic that was going for his face, but he is still quite injured by this attack.

Rolling with the damage, 5 power:
New HP Total: 4
New Power Total: 48

The pain was overwhelming - new. This was the first time actually facing down someone like him, someone with powers, someone other than two-bit punks with a gun that he hardly noticed. As the world moved slowly around him, the internal conflict rages. The urge to run, the urge to fight. The urge to just give into the pain that threatens to overwhelm him.

Joseph's resolve is tested...
Knock Out: 1d100 100 Critical Success

He takes a deep breath and then exhales, then looks up at Bada Boom and smirks back. With a wave of the hand he reasserts control over the plastic, which reforms around him, forging itself into armor that resembles the padding that baseball catchers wear, but with a solid face-mask that covers the parts of his face that weren't hidden in his cap's shadow. He reaches out with his arm, summoning another bat as he readies himself for another swing,

"I gave you a choice."

3 Power (Summon Plastic Armor, AV75) + 2 Power (Prodigious Arms) + 1 Power (Big Hands): New Power Total: 42

This time he aims his massive bat at one of the mooks first, trying to cut down on the amount of gunfire going towards his teammates, before continuing the swing onto Bada-Boom himself.

I'll try to hit a mook that is shooting my team mates then end hitting Bada Boom:
First Attack: TN 14 + 4 power = 18, Power 38
Second Attack: TN 13 + 5 Power = 18, Power 31
Attacks: TN 18: 2d20 19 [2d20=14, 5]
Mook Damage: 2d10+3d6+1 37
Bada Boom Damage: 2d10+3d6+1 26

Then if Bada-Boom is still up after this attack and Isaac's attack, Slugger swings again going the other way, trying to make sure the explosive fiend was out of commission. Otherwise, he'll continue swinging at one of the mooks.
Bada Boom Again (TN 13): 1d20 7
Damage 2d10 + 3d6 + 1: 2d10+3d6+1 23

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Initiative: 18+1d10 23

Rolling with the damage. -2 Power. 70/76

”HAHAHAHAHAHA! FACE ME IN PERSON COWARDS!”

Charging forward, Claymation smashes his oversized fist into the hapless gangster in front of him before spinning around, foot out, to catch another across the jaw. He turns to a third one and screams.

“I WILL SHAPE YOU’RE DESTINY AS EASILY AS I SHAPE THE CLAY IN MY HAND.”

Before summoning a fistfall of mud into his hands. Surging forward, it begins to transform into iron just as it clasps around the goods wrists!

Attacking two goons. 2 Power for extra attack. 68/76 Spending 4 Power on each to hit. 5 HTH + 3 ACC + 4 Power = 12. 60/76

Attacking Two Goons. Goon One To Hit.: 1d20 1 Critical Hit.

Attacking Two Goons. Goon Two To Hit.: 1d20 8

Attacking Two Goons. Goon Two To Damage.: 1d12+2 3

Special Attack on Third Goon. Encasing Fists in mud-transformed into steel.

Summon mud. -1 Power. 59/72. Transmutation of mud into steel. -2 Power. 57/72. 9 Transmute + 3 ACC = 12.

Special Attack on Third Good. Hit One: 1d20 16

Special Attack on Third Good. Hit Two: 1d20 19

Bad miss. Not Critical bad, but close.

OscarDiggs fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 6, 2017

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Bleedin' Nora

While Nora would generally appreciate the slapstick of a large man punching an idiot skeleton, this is neither the time nor the place for levity.

Using her telepathy, she sends a message directly into the mind of the rockheaded mobster. "I know your mother. She's a fool, and so are you."

"I bet you're not even strong enough to knock an old lady down! You want to rumble, blockhead? I'm right here. Try me." she yells, during a small break in the gunfire.

init rd2: 1d10+11 14

Charisma taunting

Using 20 power to turn my 10 base chance to 20 on both rolls

Taunt (Special Attack): 2#1d20 14 9

Power: 58/78

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

The Suit

Mickey's mouth gapes as he's all but enveloped in a ray of destruction, but fortunately for him, his suit absorbs the hit. Of course, most of it is reduced to atoms as a result. "Dammit, that was a nice suit!" Realizing the tide is rapidly turning against him, he presses his advantage, firing beam after beam. In return, he takes two more hits that seem to burn away his undershirt. Vincent takes three more shots to his armor, but he's left with a hell of a lot more than Mickey. The wall of the bank behind Mickey now has several sizable holes in it from the incoming particle beams.

As The Suit tries to taunt the gangster, he can only laugh in disbelief. "Buddy, really? Mickey Carozzo? Of the Carozzo Family? We freakin' run this town! I'll admit, I didn't expect a buncha new hero-types, but these were blitz tactics, ya think this is the first van we filled up? Just hurry up and die already!" However, "Peepers" can't hide the worried look on his face as his armored suit evaporates around him. Then he, like his lackey, ends up clutching at his face as the area around his head depressurizes. He barely chokes out "You.. miserable... sonuva... argh!"

Apparently inspired by their leader's show of defiance, most of the mobsters demonstrate a marked improvement in accuracy. The one Vincent had hit with a vacuum bubble is still coughing and choking, and his aim suffers for it. However, The Suit's armor flakes away under the hail of bullets, and a few finally find their mark, causing minor injury.

(You take 16 and 9 to your Bio-Armor, and 20 to your bone armor, from the disintegration beams. You then take a bunch of bullets, your Bio-Armor is down to 45, your Bone armor is down to 11. Your Invulnerability absorbs most of the force from the shots that get through, leaving bullets of 1, 3, and 2 damage, which can be rolled with separately. If you're wondering, Mickey's down to 22 armor on his suit, and 18 on his undershirt. You have a +8 to hit Mickey next turn, and he's at -8 initiative and -8 to-hit. He's at 27, with two actions, while his boys are at 16, with two.)

BRAD! and Nora

BRAD!'s brilliant plan works splendidly for the first second or two. However, while his first shadow bolt hits, it doesn't seem to do anything, and the second hits one of the floodlights on the front of the bank, meant to spot robbers at night. It focuses on the shadowy skeleton, and he's quickly forced back into his previous, bony form. However, while he was incorporeal, the mobsters, no strangers to that sort of thing, shifted their focus to Nora, as did Tony after her reasonably effective taunting. "Shaddup, y'old bag!" Tony's fist swings wide, and after the barrage she'd taken from his men, it was a drat good thing, too. However, Tony is heard crying out in rage and pain immediately after. "Watch where you're shootin', idiots!" It appears a pair of his men had accidentally shot their boss in the back, his large frame blocking their view of the little old lady.

(Tony's Invulnerability absorbs the shadow bolt, but it leaves him more vulnerable to two of his men rolling critical failures, and dealing 11 total damage to him, that he can't roll with because it was a surprise, making it actually more effective than if BRAD! had just hit him normally. Nora took no damage, but boy howdy was that a close one, Tony would have dealt 20 damage on top of the 20 total from all those bullets. Tony's got 9 initiative, his boys got 17.)

The other guys

The Slugger kicks things off by immediately beating both Bada-Boom and one of his henchmen unconscious before they can react, helped along by Isaac, who also finishes the guy he'd hit a few seconds prior. Claymation bursts into action and knocks out another pair of goons, leaving only two mobsters standing, who both throw down their guns and throw up their hands. Liam quickly tosses some mud at them and transmutes it to steel, sticking them in place for a few minutes, long enough for officers to arrive from the barricade down the street.

(That round went exceedingly well for you guys, so now you can move on to help out with the other fights, or hang out with the unconscious losers and accept praise and accolades from the local boys in blue. Slugger could get to the fight with Ten-Ton Tony by the round after next, and could fairly easily carry the other two guys such a short distance without worrying about the finer points of logistics. It'd take a little longer to get to the other fight, it'll probably be over by the time you get there.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Bleedin' Nora

Nora doesn't say anything to the cement block, just smiles smugly as she taps her cane on the ground confidently. This is because a short distance away, one of the mooks has flown high into the air, directly above the unsuspecting mook who had earlier taken a shot of candy to the face. She releases the grip on the the newly airborne mobster, allowing gravity to take its toll.

[Another cape behind you! Turn and fire!] she telepathically whispers, looking to distract

1 power to grab, 1 to move him high into the sky, aiming to drop him on the previously weakened one
init rd3: 1d10+11 14

Power: 56/78

• Locked thread