Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

http://www.inc.com/salvador-rodriguez/clinton-diversity-silicon-valley.html

quote:

Former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton stressed the need for inclusion of women in the workplace speaking in front of thousands of professional women at a conference in San Francisco on Tuesday.

"We know from decades of data that encouraging women's full participation is both right and smart," Clinton said at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. "Companies with more women in upper management do achieve higher profits."

Clinton was the keynote speaker of the 28th annual conference of the Professional BusinessWomen of California. Her focus on the inclusion of women in the workplace constituted an implicit critique of the tech industry, which has struggled to achieve diversity in its ranks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
profits!!!

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Still one of my favorite tweets:

https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/847755420168994817

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

this story doesn't match the thread title at all!!!!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

R. Guyovich posted:

this story doesn't match the thread title at all!!!!

Hillary Clinton will strike visiting auto workers in Tennessee this week

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

who?

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

etalians nonna said he could have two weiners

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Sounds like they're both advocating for advancement of oppressed groups, good for them!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

zegermans posted:

Sounds like they're both advocating for advancement of oppressed groups, good for them!

if you wanted maximum carnage you should've argued how both groups sell their labor

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Business Gorillas posted:

if you wanted maximum carnage you should've argued how both groups sell their labor

actually, both groups form a global bourgeoisie exploiting the proletariate of the third world

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Fallen Hamprince posted:

actually, both groups form a global bourgeoisie exploiting the proletariate of the third world

Everyone below me is a comrade in the struggle, everyone above me is bourgeoisie scum

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

C. Everett Koop posted:

Hillary Clinton will strike visiting auto workers in Tennessee this week

and what? explain patiently how her husband hated them and other unions so much that he signed NAFTA? that'll show those racexists

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

auto workers on strike in Tennessee

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

gobbagool posted:

and what? explain patiently how her husband hated them and other unions so much that he signed NAFTA? that'll show those racexists

Hillary Clinton will visit striking auto workers in Tennessee this week

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
... to tell them they have no legal standing and are fired

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Control Volume posted:

to explain why having more women and minorities on the company's board will do more to help them than unionization, and increase profits to boot

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

quote:

leading a platoon of Pinkerton detectives

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Grognan posted:

... to tell them they have no legal standing and are fired

not woke enough

shell take a minority board member to have them fire the striking workers or something

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
nvm I won't do it

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Brown Menace posted:

not woke enough

shell take a minority board member to have them fire the striking workers or something

At least my oppressor looks like me.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
https://twitter.com/historyinflicks/status/839732795706593281

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

i unironically like how absolutely nobody likes clinton or takes her seriously anymore

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

her fate as an ignored, ineffectual corporatist shill is well deserved

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Pollyanna posted:

i unironically like how absolutely nobody likes clinton or takes her seriously anymore
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...MP=share_btn_fb

au contraire

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

cool jacket, bro

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

THE MOST QUALIFIED CANDIDATE EVER TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Hell, I agree.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

READ SETTLERS

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Pollyanna posted:

she's running in 2020

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I will never read settlers.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pollyanna posted:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

same

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pollyanna posted:

her fate as an ignored, ineffectual corporatist shill is well deserved

she'll have a fashion line coming at you when she's outta shill money

in fact i encourage her to beat out Ivanka on this so that she can hedge her own bets and follow her own voice to the tune of her own dollar

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol wasn't she like an hour late to her own concession speech? not including podesta stiffing all her supporters from the day before lmao

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Lastgirl posted:

she'll have a fashion line coming at you when she's outta shill money

in fact i encourage her to beat out Ivanka on this so that she can hedge her own bets and follow her own voice to the tune of her own dollar

yeah our poor abuela, only worth $300m but when your main product is influence peddling, and you no longer have any meaningful influence, you're gonna be in for a dry patch, which is why she's going to run in 2020, and convince a bunch of rich idiots and foreign governments to shower her the Clinton Foundation with cash because this time, it's HER TURN

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Homeless Friend posted:

lol wasn't she like an hour late to her own concession speech? not including podesta stiffing all her supporters from the day before lmao

i remember it being the next day at an entirely different location because she only had her acceptance speech venue booked until midnight of election day or something. she didn't even make an appearance and everyone in the audience got corralled outside after watching an empty stage for hours

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

i remember it being the next day at an entirely different location because she only had her acceptance speech venue booked until midnight of election day or something. she didn't even make an appearance and everyone in the audience got corralled outside after watching an empty stage for hours

shes a goddamn coward

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
the worst possibility of Trump and possibly his entire administration going down Nixon-style is that Hillary Clinton, sensing weakness in the party, figures she could win, this time, in 2020, after all the guy in charge wasn't even elected by the people!!!

she would lose to Paul Ryan, she would lose to Orrin Hatch, she would lose to Mattis since I don't think that dude would be prosecuted with the rest of the administration.

and you just know clinton isn't going to have the good grace to wholeheartedly support whatever Sanderista possibly beats her in the primary. Obama's one thing, he was half-shill already in private, but a genuinely anti-corporate candidate? Hillary would just leave and say nothing about the election and theoretically even sabotage it to try and prove a point that Only She Can Win, for some kind of demented 2024 run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Homeless Friend posted:

She didn't show up the night she lost and the next morning she was an hour late to the rescheduled speech.

• Locked thread