Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Thoguh posted:

She didn't show up the night she lost and the next morning she was an hour late to the rescheduled speech.

Has there been any insider tales of what happened that night?

kinda stunned no video has leaked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Gyra_Solune posted:

the worst possibility of Trump and possibly his entire administration going down Nixon-style is that Hillary Clinton, sensing weakness in the party, figures she could win, this time, in 2020, after all the guy in charge wasn't even elected by the people!!!

she would lose to Paul Ryan, she would lose to Orrin Hatch, she would lose to Mattis since I don't think that dude would be prosecuted with the rest of the administration.

If this stuff about Susan Rice turns out to be true I think we can go on and assume that the air will be out of the 'impeach trump' balloon

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

FuzzySkinner posted:

wasnt there some insider account about her flipping her poo poo and smashing things in a hotel room

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

FuzzySkinner posted:

I've been calling for somebody to write a tell all but nobody has listened to me, an internet poster, and come out with one.

Regardless of whether there was calm resignation or group hysterics it had to have been amazing.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Thoguh posted:

I've been calling for somebody to write a tell all but nobody has listened to me, an internet poster, and come out with one.

Regardless of whether there was calm resignation or group hysterics it had to have been amazing.

I've read articles that claimed people in Brooklyn were drinking in the early hours of the afternoon, and they were already calling ahead to make sure they had a place within the HRC White House.

I kinda envision some sort of "GAME CHANGE" doc coming out about it, and that in itself will be fascinating. I'd love to see segments done on how people in Michigan, Wisconsin calling Brooklyn...begging for support only to be shut down.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

gobbagool posted:

wasnt there some insider account about her flipping her poo poo and smashing things in a hotel room

If anything that would serve to humanize her, so I suspect not.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

There were stories right away with rough ideas of what happened. What I remember was that she was very surprised to be losing, and once the writing was on the wall she sequestered herself in a room and just didn't come out for hours. Everyone outside the room was just shell-shocked.

There was some poster that was on the scene at Clinton campaign HQ that had been playing Dwarf Fortress during the election.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

There were stories right away with rough ideas of what happened. What I remember was that she was very surprised to be losing, and once the writing was on the wall she sequestered herself in a room and just didn't come out for hours. Everyone outside the room was just shell-shocked.

There was some poster that was on the scene at Clinton campaign HQ that had been playing Dwarf Fortress during the election.

While we can all agree pretty much anything would be better than Trump, a Hillary Presidency that absolutely could not deal with criticism or setback and abandoned all pretense of policy to engage in mudslinging at a moment's notice (through surrogates, natch) would have also been a hell of a thing.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Thoguh posted:

This book from a couple of the Politico types is out in two weeks. Probably a lot of Beltway inside baseball garbage, but there's bound to be some interesting insights in there.

https://www.amazon.com/Shattered-Inside-Hillary-Clintons-Campaign/dp/055344708

Also, I read one account a month or so back that had Bill screaming about Robby Mook: "We should have fired that rear end in a top hat months ago!" Forget where, though.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Not a Step posted:

(through surrogates, natch)

Acting like surrogates are totally independent people and what they said had no connection to the campaign anytime it is poorly received even though you gave them the talking points is something that I hope is a thing of the past after this last election. With social media being so prevalent everyone can see how connected they are.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Yeah, but people are dumb so probably not. In the D&D Dem thread theres a poster who insists Haim Saban and Alan Dershowitz were just regular independent guys and their concerns over Keith Ellison's anti-semitism were completely legitimate and not at all a coordinated attack by the New Democrat wing.

Or that Chelsea was only voicing her honest concerns over removing Medicaid and certainly wasn't a Clinton attack vector.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Gyra_Solune posted:

the worst possibility of Trump and possibly his entire administration going down Nixon-style is that Hillary Clinton, sensing weakness in the party, figures she could win, this time, in 2020, after all the guy in charge wasn't even elected by the people!!!

she would lose to Paul Ryan, she would lose to Orrin Hatch, she would lose to Mattis since I don't think that dude would be prosecuted with the rest of the administration.

and you just know clinton isn't going to have the good grace to wholeheartedly support whatever Sanderista possibly beats her in the primary. Obama's one thing, he was half-shill already in private, but a genuinely anti-corporate candidate? Hillary would just leave and say nothing about the election and theoretically even sabotage it to try and prove a point that Only She Can Win, for some kind of demented 2024 run

she would run as an independent and split the vote. the dems were already hinting at that poo poo in the primary with bloomberg

imagine the hillaries all voting independent cause "bernie stole the party"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

gobbagool posted:

If this stuff about Susan Rice turns out to be true I think we can go on and assume that the air will be out of the 'impeach trump' balloon

why would it? it seems like the source on that is trump collaborator nunes

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the source for the susan rice poo poo is mike cernovich.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Hillary Clinton in her rage unhinges her jaw and swallows an unpaid intern

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Holy poo poo.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

There was this blind item stating she was drunk, but obviously nothing confirmed.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Hillary will lose.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
reminder that Bill and Hillary crossed a picket line on their first date

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

gobbagool posted:

nah, the story is that there were lots of tears + her hooting and hollering about obama not supporting her enough and the letter about her email server a week before the election or w/e, all of which are totally believable claims

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Vermain posted:

nah, the story is that there were lots of tears + her hooting and hollering about obama not supporting her enough and the letter about her email server a week before the election or w/e, all of which are totally believable claims

obama didn't support her enough?
:chloe:

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

obama didn't support her enough?
:chloe:

Obama, like every other American, failed her

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lock her up! lock her up!

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

gtrmp posted:

reminder that Bill and Hillary crossed a picket line on their first date

I believe that they got into a closed museum or gallery after Bill offered to help pick up some of the garbage that wasn't getting removed because of the striking workers, so really they were scabbing

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

THE MOST QUALIFIED CANDIDATE EVER TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT

She had all the qualifications except for actually being able to win the general election.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

etalian posted:

She had all the qualifications except for actually being able to win the general election.

i mean with that logic, losing the primary is even worse, amirite?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The primary is a closed race for people who identify as Democrats. Many people who identify as Democrats are center right. By that measure, the Democrats got the candidate that most represented them as a group. Which speaks volumes about the Democrats really.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Not a Step posted:

The primary is a closed race for people who identify as Democrats. Many people who identify as Democrats are center right. By that measure, the Democrats got the candidate that most represented them as a group. Which speaks volumes about the Democrats really.
it's telling sanders did well where independents were allowed a voice

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

Also hillary had pretty much no crossover appeal to independents and also ended up losing many parts of the dem voting block.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

also keep in mind that the context of this is that a huge amount of voters identify as independents instead of democrats when compared to 2008 or even just the last few decades

http://www.gallup.com/poll/188096/democratic-republican-identification-near-historical-lows.aspx

quote:

Since 1988, when Gallup routinely began conducting polls by telephone, there have been many years in which more Americans have identified as independents than as Republicans or Democrats. But the percentage of independents did not reach 40% until 2011, and it has stayed at or above that level for the past five years.

As a consequence, the percentage of U.S. adults identifying as Democrats is now at the lowest point in the past 27 years, down from the prior low of 30% in 2014. Gallup's shift from in-person to telephone interviewing in 1988 complicates the ability to directly compare party identification data collected between the two methods. However, Gallup data from 1951-1987 collected in person never found a yearly average Democratic identification less than 37%, making it safe to conclude that the current 29% is also the low point in Gallup polling history.

comedyblissoption has issued a correction as of 14:25 on Apr 8, 2017

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ignoring independents should be considered a losing strategy.

there were certain important primaries (e.g. new york) where you had to register as a democrat in 2015 before even the first primary debate.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

there were certain important primaries (e.g. new york) where you had to register as a democrat in 2015 before even the first primary debate.

Yeah but those moderate GOP votes are so enticing

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Or when Democrats were kicked off the party rolls because the party despises its base and independent thought.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

listen purism is bad but you dont get a say unless you show your demokratennachweis

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

what reasons did hillary give anyone to get their asses off the couch, canvas and vote for her?

Because I struggle to think of one.

If you were a democrat? I'm sure you were disgusted to see noted Ayn Rand fan Mark Cuban, Nanny Stater Michael Bloomberg and various neocons on stage shilling for her on stage at the DNC.

If you were a independent/lefty? She didn't advocate for anything that would draw you to her side. Her policies were to the right of Obama in some aspects, and there was nothing to really rally around. No single payer, free college or anything of that note.

All she had was "I'm a woman" and "DONALD TRUMP/THE RIGHT IS SCARY YOU GUYS!". For being a policy wonk? She barely talked about any policies in campaign ads or really featured anything about them. The response every time was "LOOK AT MY WEBSITE".

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah and keep in mind NY is so far along it didn't matter for years if you didn't bother to register. If you were kinda into politics and voted democrat most of the time, there's a good chance that you weren't registered democrat because a lot of people just don't care about party affiliation and it's not like you get to participate in anything exciting.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
so did Hillary actually visit striking auto workers, or is this just suck zone 2: suck harder?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Main Paineframe posted:

so did Hillary actually visit striking auto workers, or is this just suck zone 2: suck harder?

She visited tech bros in the bay area instead of union workers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

FuzzySkinner posted:

If you were a independent/lefty? She didn't advocate for anything that would draw you to her side. Her policies were to the right of Obama in some aspects, and there was nothing to really rally around. No single payer, free college or anything of that note.

It's not just that she didn't advocate for leftish things, she went further and flat-out told us we'd never have single-payer healthcare, and that fighting for a $15 minimum wage was pointless. Because that's how pragmatic progressives roll, apparently.

• Locked thread