Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hello... friends?

##vote Hal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Second Mate's Log: Day 3
++++++++++++++++++++

We have been sailing on this ocean for what may have been months. I do not know, for I only just arrived in this body three days ago. Of all the people to project my consciousness into, apparently the only one suitable was a middle aged, inexperienced but competent second mate. And to think that I abandoned my wizard's tower for this! Fortunately, I suspect that none of the other passengers have caught on to my real identity, although there have been a few close calls. Just last night Pinterest Mom asked me where the mop was, and gave me a funny look when I told him it was "on the left side." With some quick thinking I blamed my inexperience, and then gave some competent orders in my middle-aged voice. Crisis averted.

That reminds me. I have yet to tell the crew of my premonition of disaster that brought me here in the first place. I debated long and hard about whether to attempt an astral projection simply for the sake of a boat. But I also had some heavy intense dreams about a boat sinking, over and over again, followed by a smoky, mushroom-shaped plume of ash. After several years of debating whether I should do something about it, I eventually flipped my staff. It came up heads, which is an unusual way for a staff to land, and I'm beginning to suspect that my apprentice Rufus may have secretly been loving with me in the process. But who am I to deny the tellings of a staff flip?

Some of the crew are giving me funny looks. But it is my penchant to scribe in my diary upon the deck, in full view of the open ocean. It calms my nerves, yes, ancient and mystical nerves that have been tempered in the fire of dragons and the blood of, uhm, dragons. One time I was in the middle of fighting a dragon, and I felt I had to fart really badly. My magical training and expertise reminded me that to pass gas while being assaulted by the burning demons of hell would be a fatal error. But a smart tactician defies convention. Just as the mighty beast swooped in for a chomp at my rump, I let rip a mighty gust that would have felled even the most deadly of ogres. A giant explosion furled out, engulfing and dare I say vaporizing my hated foe. It was a sight as impressive as its smell was rancid.

I close this entry with a few personal notes. One: be sure to tell the crew at some point about my premonitions of disaster befalling this ship. Two: stop eating so many beans, lest I spur the wrath of the attractive shipwrecked woman. Three: work on writing without speaking out loud.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Second Mate's Log: Day 3
++++++++++++++++++++

We have been sailing on this ocean for what may have been months. I do not know, for I only just arrived in this body three days ago. Of all the people to project my consciousness into, apparently the only one suitable was a middle aged, inexperienced but competent second mate. And to think that I abandoned my wizard's tower for this! Fortunately, I suspect that none of the other passengers have caught on to my real identity, although there have been a few close calls. Just last night Pinterest Mom asked me where the mop was, and gave me a funny look when I told him it was "on the left side." With some quick thinking I blamed my inexperience, and then gave some competent orders in my middle-aged voice. Crisis averted.

That reminds me. I have yet to tell the crew of my premonition of disaster that brought me here in the first place. I debated long and hard about whether to attempt an astral projection simply for the sake of a boat. But I also had some heavy intense dreams about a boat sinking, over and over again, followed by a smoky, mushroom-shaped plume of ash. After several years of debating whether I should do something about it, I eventually flipped my staff. It came up heads, which is an unusual way for a staff to land, and I'm beginning to suspect that my apprentice Rufus may have secretly been loving with me in the process. But who am I to deny the tellings of a staff flip?

Some of the crew are giving me funny looks. But it is my penchant to scribe in my diary upon the deck, in full view of the open ocean. It calms my nerves, yes, ancient and mystical nerves that have been tempered in the fire of dragons and the blood of, uhm, dragons. One time I was in the middle of fighting a dragon, and I felt I had to fart really badly. My magical training and expertise reminded me that to pass gas while being assaulted by the burning demons of hell would be a fatal error. But a smart tactician defies convention. Just as the mighty beast swooped in for a chomp at my rump, I let rip a mighty gust that would have felled even the most deadly of ogres. A giant explosion furled out, engulfing and dare I say vaporizing my hated foe. It was a sight as impressive as its smell was rancid.

I close this entry with a few personal notes. One: be sure to tell the crew at some point about my premonitions of disaster befalling this ship. Two: stop eating so many beans, lest I spur the wrath of the attractive shipwrecked woman. Three: work on writing without speaking out loud.

Excellent. I loved your space marine in ths Aliens game

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

zzyzx posted:

##vote Hal

scum

##vote infinitum

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I see no reason not to do this

##vote infinitum

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
where was this poo poo during shine3?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
This is now mafia as an art form folks

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Somberbrero posted:

scum

##vote infinitum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wooooooow

So that's how it is huh?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I guess you could say this vote.................................................

....................................is ecco approved.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

##vote infinitum

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

EccoRaven posted:

I guess you could say this vote.................................................

....................................is ecco approved.

YEEAAAAAAAHHHHH

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mr. F! posted:

##vote infinitum

##vote Mr F!

EccoRaven posted:

...................................is ecco approved.

Oh you do have a funny bone apparently.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Infinitum (7): got some chores tonight, Pinterest Mom, SLASHER HAWKE, Moatillata, Somberbrero, EccoRaven, Mr. F!
Hal Incandenza (1): zzyzx
Jonathan Fisk (1): Infinitum

Not Voting (9): 100YrsofAttitude, AnonymousNarcotics, CCKeane, Dick Bastardly, Flying Leatherman, Hal Incandenza, Jonathan Fisk, Slamburger, The Ninth Layer

With 18 people aboard, it takes 10 votes to throw someone overboard.
The current deadline is April 06th, 2017 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 19 hours.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:munch:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wait..

##unvote
##vote Mr. F!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So apparently Fisk has an alias for 'Mr F!' with no full stop in it.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Infinitum posted:

So apparently Fisk has an alias for 'Mr F!' with no full stop in it.

lol

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Infinitum posted:

Wait..

##unvote
##vote Mr. F!

nice scumslop

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

slop is the poo poo Ecco serves

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

come on the sooner we finish this the sooner I can get back to nightmurder adventuring

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Confirming, that I'll be back later this afternoon.

To tell the truth, I don't think I've ever played a game with Infinitum. Is this S.O.P these days?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
To be aboard this ship is to be at home.

HAWKE man, are you scum?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Confirming, that I'll be back later this afternoon.

To tell the truth, I don't think I've ever played a game with Infinitum. Is this S.O.P these days?

I wouldn't say so, but it seems to be a trend recently developing.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hello confirming that I am a Johan

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Also sup with this turbo on infinitum? I don't like it. 3 or 4 votes okay it's funny but this is too many to be a good joke

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Dick Bastardly posted:

To be aboard this ship is to be at home.

HAWKE man, are you scum?

nope

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Also sup with this turbo on infinitum? I don't like it. 3 or 4 votes okay it's funny but this is too many to be a good joke

what joke

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yes that is my point

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Yes that is my point

It's a pro town move

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

It's a pro town move

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

:same:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

confirming that i am vanilla town

I'll buy it.

got some chores tonight posted:

im not reading my role pm until day 2 ##vote infinitum

I believe that you're not going to do it either.

P. Mom why would you shoot Inf, and would you do so immediately or would you let things develop?

The only person I know who has beef with the kid is Ecco, unreasonable as it may be.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hello... friends?

Hello dear friend. May you become the dearest of them all.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Johan, I have 3 ideas in regards to this. A) We bury the man in the ocean. B) We investigate and suss out the murderous wretches amongst his accusers. C) We claim it a red herring and set off searching for a fresher fish.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Meow Bark.

(I am secretly a cat dressed as a dog. That said, this post is a bit too on the nose for me, particularly since a 7 vote turbo is unlikely to be solely scum. This seems like a set up post.)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

You're going to have to explain what you mean by set-up. I'll take you for a walk while you explain.

I imagine there's 2 or 3 scum in there but not more, that would be too many.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

CCKeane posted:

Meow Bark.

(I am secretly a cat dressed as a dog. That said, this post is a bit too on the nose for me, particularly since a 7 vote turbo is unlikely to be solely scum. This seems like a set up post.)

Incredible secrets in this game. I'm actually a vampire Austrian

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

These days there isn't all that much of a difference is there?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

:drac:

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

Meow Bark.

hisses, arches back

There's only one cat in this game.
##vote CCKeane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Meow Bark.

No really CCKeane

A 7 vote turbo is unlikely to be completely scum you say?

##vote CCKeane

• Locked thread