Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

it's a meeting of peers.

you sound more like a native french speaker who is fluent in English rather than the other way around. I wouldn't worry about it, language is a very fluid thing, if and when you move back to America it'll switch back after a few weeks or months probably.

That's really not a comforting thought. Believe it or not, I've actually always been pretty pleased with my rhetoric, both spoken and written, and though I accept that language shifts this really seems like a downgrade to me. I can't imagine what my Spanish must be like. This is what I get for avoiding English speakers like the plague around here, in the efforts to learn French (also ex-pats and I don't see eye-to-eye on many things, generally speaking). This is only going to get worse too because there's no moving back in my future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with you on Slamburger. I still don't really get the case against them.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Is that how I should start talking to be better understood?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

why is 100yrs scum to you?

Because I'm faking my style, if I understood Hal correctly.

Mr. F! posted:

One time in a game I was a town arsonist and targeted someone with my ability that two other town power roles said they were going to target just so I could kill as many people as possible. Why? Because id never had the role before and it would be funny, and it was.

Should I always be policy lynched from games?

I agree that policy executing isn't particularly nice, and I do find the humor in both what you and infinitum did but it's also very counter-productive for anyone actually trying to play the game. In other words, it's funny to everyone who is not directly impacted. Those who are understandably see it as super lovely.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

Whatevs, I guess we just disagree about what a lovely player is

I am voting 100 because all the posts really do sound over thought but maybe it's a European thing.

I tend to agree with Slamburger re: Somber so I've cooled on slam a bit

Definitely don't think infi is scum though

You guys do know that I'm American right? And maybe, just maybe, that's how I think things through. It's got nothing to do with (not) being European. It's like you're not even reading the game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've got to get ready for bed. I can't stay up all night for deadline like I used to. So you've got about 5-10 minutes if you want me to field any last questions. Otherwise good night.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

i might vote you if inf isn't going to happen sorry xoxo

i'd throw down on moat too.

I agree with you on Moat. I'd rather you didn't, but you got to do what you got to do I suppose.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

A scum that's about to go down will claim doctor or cop as a desperate bid to not get dunked, or as a way to bait out the counterclaim from the townie with the actual power role. I was trying to thread the needle between finishing off Inf and not outing myself.

I still wish you hadn't.

##vote infinitum

He's no doctor at least. That much is true.

Also everyone re-read Keane, because his play yesterday was scummy as all heck and I'm more than happy to vote him off too.

And someone point me in the direction of the case against slamburger again because I'm really not following.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Infinitum posted:

I'm a Seraph Knight.

It's very much akin to a doctor in terms of ability, but I'm not going to reveal how my power activates.

##unvote

Well that makes enough sense you not being a doctor.

Consider me voting Keane. I'll build my case up later tonight.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Slamburger posted:

but that is pretty weak tea.

I agree. I asked because if voting you was such a thing, there must've been a reason, and since I couldn't find any I was sure I was missing something. Turns out I'm not and people are being weird.

Infinitum posted:

D1 was pretty dire for all involved tbh. Lets refocus and actually get some poo poo done.

100yrs + Slamburger, as you were both the vote leaders heading into the final hour until deadline, what are your opinions on PMom? Do you believe the counter-claim of 'doc' immediately as D2 begins when he could have said it yesterday when the focus was on me? Essentially ensuring the lynch?
I'm of the mind that it's a fakeclaim meant to continue the pressure from yesterday.

What are your thoughts of Ecco/Glowku throwing down a vote on Slamburger when the votes were going towards 100yrs, and basically ensuring we no lynched?

I figure I was vote leader since there wasn't much other choice going forward. I'm glad I survived and I guess I owe that to Ecco. I suppose that Ecco truly felt I am town and felt it would be a net loss and unhelpful to town to kill me right then and there. I think we have plenty of information out of that day despite no one dying and knowing full well I'm town, I think we've benefitted.

As for Pmom we have to take them at their word for the moment, though I'm willing to believe it's not a fakeclaim. There's bad blood there, but I don't think Pmom would put their interest over the win-con or the general enjoyment of the game. That would be, as you aptly noted, exactly what they deem you capable of doing, and ultimately incredibly hypocritical.
Also claiming that early in a game draws a big old target on your back. I'd personally claim under great duress (like last night), but I'd be coy otherwise if trying to get someone using role-provided information.

I'm more annoyed that Pmom is going to settle with you as a vote. It's possible they still find you scummy plus everything else, but I'd like to move on since it's tough to establish anything solid on you for the moment.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

IllegallySober posted:

Going to complete a re-read hopefully by this evening. Someone want to give me a quick synopsis of where we are at so far?

Generally speaking, there was a joke turbo on Infinitum that lead to a serious push to get him removed based on what seems mainly to be people's past histories with him. The thread was split between those that refused to not vote him out with a small few questioning the rush to vote him out as well as the fact that some people seemed to be hanging back.

The eventual vote leader (Me) arose out the questioning on the votes placed on Infinitum. I was deemed scummy by several players since I voted Infinitum at EccoRaven's behest despite not having any real feelings on the matter. And that's pretty much where the game stalled until the end of D1, with Infinitum still leading votes, myself 2nd, and a small contingent banding against slamburger for reasons he has explained. Eventually Infinitum claimed doc which wasn't sufficiently countered ending with a rush towards me but then we got a no-hang since the holdouts on Infinitum wouldn't switch over.

The arguments got pretty acrimonious at times but now that Ecco has left, it may calm down a bit. If I've missed anything please feel free to add.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

##vote CCKeane

Keane has only been marginally participatory, but he's clearly following and reading the thread. He strikes me as an interested player that's letting everyone else tear themselves apart. The only types to want that, would be scum plus he's not hunting for scum though he acts like he is.

He's quick to denounce the vote on Infinitum but then gives us this great equivocation allowing him to accept the vote on Infinitum but giving him an out later on:

CCKeane posted:

*flicks tail dismissively*

(I don't mind playing with Infi. If weight of the vote is against him, that's fine, but I don't really approve of eliminating somebody for reasons so far removing from alignment calls.)

One of this contentless content-like posts:

CCKeane posted:

Bow meow

(I find the stalling on Inf pretty interesting. I'm wondering if scum were trying to push for momentum and found it stalling. Or if Infi is scum himself)

We're given a reasonable opinion with absolutely no follow up. It's somber who takes this up mostly and gets called as scum for ultimately deciding that it's scum preventing Infinitum from hanging.

Note he hasn't voted yet and he shows up to be around for the critical period at the end of D1. He comments on how the argument Ecco is giving Bastardly is unproductive, and later finds the doc claim interesting, which is strange since he never had voted for infinitum let alone anyone. Why would he particularly care what Inf claims if he's not going that way to begin with?

He finally votes Burger, on what seems to be Chores request, but never had Keane shown in inclination for Burger. He votes me in the end to avoid the no-execution stating he prefers burger (why?).

Keane never made any claims, kept to neutral fairly obvious commentary, and only showed up to vote just to vote despite clearly being around the whole game. He's hiding something. He's hiding the fact that he's scum!

CCKeane posted:

Bark bark fft

(Slasher hawke is a weird loving kill)

As an afterthought here we get Keane trying to get us to think about the NK, ultimately pointless WIFOM, again contributing without actually doing so.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Moatillata posted:

I agree with this post but i dont think going after keane resolves anything else

Do you mean that he'd be low-information or something? And so what? The only way going after one of the more loaded players is useful is if they flip scum, which is still not guaranteed. This is still D1 in the sense we have no additional information despite long arguing.

I'd rather go after someone who I feel sure is scum than killing a maybe-scum in hopes to turn up more information on maybe-scum. We can always do that later.

CCKeane posted:

Arf arf

*rolls over, exposing adorable belly*

Cats are generally not fond of belly rubs. Just another lie my fluffy friend.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I hope we can keep Pmom and Glowku from posting in sequence again. It gives me a headache.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Keane's a dog though...

CCKeane posted:

Meow Bark.

(I am secretly a cat dressed as a dog. That said, this post is a bit too on the nose for me, particularly since a 7 vote turbo is unlikely to be solely scum. This seems like a set up post.)

And considering what we've seen so far, I'm starting to think it's entirely possible.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I agree and I don't consider a point against him excepting that he spends more time in role than trying to play. TNL has laid down more opinions than Keane despite sticking to a style.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Because the way it works is essentially a Doctor variant, the pressure was on me at that point in time to claim and I didn't feel like having to explain what the hell a Seraph Knight is, then be forced to explain the mechanics off the back of the D1 Ecco harassment which would have been "I don't believe Inf", so I just claimed Doctor to be done with it.

All I'll say about how it works is that it's similar to a Shine style ability in terms of mechanics, and I have to meet certain conditions before I can activate it
It's a cure all if I do though.

You could've said "I'm a Seraph Knight, which is pretty much a doctor."

But that's "hindsight is 20/20".

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dick Bastardly posted:

Okay, everything you've said on this particular topic doesn't really add up to me, but I'm willing to file that way for now. But please answer a question, do you believe Infi's current claim?

I believe it for today. I'm certain he's not a doctor. But considering the unique flavor in this game I'm willing to buy Seraph Knight. Besides I don't want to get bogged down again about Infinitum. I feel more strongly about Keane, I thank he has been blatantly scummy.

Dick Bastardly posted:

drat, there seems to be a lot of peeping tom's on this boat.

Speaking of which, 100 answer my question please.

I wasn't avoiding you. I was just asleep. I'm sorry about the delay.

Pinterest Mom posted:

or, what, you'll vote to dunk the doctor white mage?

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I don't understand what risk there could be in claiming last night's action

While I agree there doesn't seem to be any risk, I don't know what good there is in knowing who Pmom protected. That'll just give scum a defenseless target.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mayor Glowku posted:

My worry for choosing between inf and pmom is they I think at this point they might both be town. Lynching one and having them pop town could be indicative of the other being scum... if we are going to lynch one of the two infi is the obvious choice though based on the sorta flip-flopping.

It also bothers me that pmom won't share who he targeted and I believe claimed that it failed?(sorry can't remember, gotta look it up) There's more information to be had from that and if scum kill you tonight we are going to lose it. It's fishy to me that you are completely against sharing when you've outed yourself as doctor and will most likely die tonight.

Thinking it through, I think the only risk is that Pmom reveals a player who is potentially defenseless tonight. Though that may amount to nothing since Pmom is now a high-value target.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm not claiming that. I'm saying "let's role-play, with me claiming Hal, and you using that information, which you said would be useful, to draw conclusions, and if I'm satisfied that it is indeed useful information, and not just you hammering away at an irrelevant point, I'll claim for real."

I can't think of anything super useful to be gleaned from your claim, other than we know someone who you think is both town and maybe important, though it being D2 any opinion of yours on the matter is just pure chance/speculative so pretty overall useless.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CCKeane posted:

*licks self*

(I'd probably pursue the breakdown of 100/slam that happened last night and did not meet a resolution. But alas, I am bowling.)

I did! And I voted you and no one seems to want to listen to me.

I also want to just side-step infinitum for the moment since I think there'll be plenty of time to get back to it. Out of the two infinitium's double claims makes him instantly more suspicious but I figure we can check the veracity of that in the coming days. Honestly if he is what he claims he'll also be a high-level target and scum will work it out for us.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mayor Glowku posted:

It assigned that vote to infi lol

Really?

I don't feel that Pmom is the best choice in this situation, though the refusal to claim is strange especially if we all acknowledge there's no point in it. If it's so unimportant why not do it (in the same breath why do it?)

I think we should look at the players reveling in our in-fighting and vote them. Like Keane.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

zzyzx posted:

I lean town on Inf, and that one's been a bad lynch from the start.

I've never liked PMom's posts, and Mr. F claimed to have reason not to believe him (everyone's either forgotten or is determined to ignore it, which was strange to me). On the other hand it doesn't make much sense for PMom to claim in the spot he did as scum.

At the moment I wouldn't vote for either of them.

I had forgotten. I've only done one re-read of D2 so far so...

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mayor Glowku posted:

We also don't all acknowledge that it is useless information. I very much want to know, more so because he absolutely refuses to share it. Zzyzx has also shared my desire to know.

Are you not curious at all why?

Why you want to know?

I imagine you have your reasons actually, but I really think we shouldn't go on claiming more and more players. That's exactly what scum would want.

I don't think he should be so obstinate, but I don't think it's necessarily scummy. Just stubborn.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mayor Glowku posted:

So when Pmom flips scum, I'm guessing you will too

I won't but I'm not opposed to voting to Pmom, since they haven't convinced me of being town either. I find it odd they won't say, it's not outright scummy but peculiar, and I'm not savvy enough to get your angle on it, and honestly I don't want to know it. I think Keane's scummier and everything he's done so far today has substantiated my description of his play.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

I feel like I lost whatever thread I had on this game.

the trickle-claim is bad. i'm not trying to be an rear end in a top hat, but by the same token i've never considered inf a rational actor. in theory i'm willing to accept the presence of two protective roles in a game, i just don't get why pin OR inf played their claims the way they did. irrational play isn't necessarily scummy play though.

i dunno, i need to reread and take some notes.

I hear you. I need to look over the players as well. I'll have the chance to do so tonight comfortably enough. My opinion on Keane hasn't changed, but there's stuff to consider on others.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

And yet the argument can be made on the otherside. It's useless information so what's the harm in just saying it, especially if it's causing us to generally not trust you?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Infinitum posted:

tl;dr
- PMom won't claim who he doc'd and is confrontational when questioned about it (Most likely because he did the kill last night)
- PMom is not actively playing towards his town win-con, something he was policy voting me for
- PMom has had to counter-claim Doc, which was the best thing he could think of to get out of his "strong-role reasons against there being a Doc" statement
- Slamburger has scumslip'd stating he had info about my role before I revealed it, and is likely a rolecop
- If any kill happens tonight, feel free to turbo my rear end tomorrow

##vote PMom

That's all pretty cohesive. And it's a fair deal. I do think Pmom's thing would resolve itself, scum going after the doctor would be the most reasonable thing for them to do, but you've given us a just alternative.

Infinitum posted:

Regular doctor? Sure, maybe. Hope they keep their stinkin mouth shut if there is.

White mage + Seraph Knight? :lol: no

That's interesting. It would make for two over-powered protective roles. And yet your thing is a one-shot and I imagine the only way to protect us from poison. So it'd still be somewhat balanced?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

Nobody's going to (or should!) trust me any more, or less, if I say "okay, I tried to target Hal (or Fisk, or Slamburger)".

I suppose not. The dodginess of your evasiveness is altogether curious.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Infinitum posted:

No I'm stating, if it wasn't clear enough already, that I don't see how a White Mage + Seraph Knight could BOTH exist in this game.

Doc + Seraph Knight? Maybe (And if there IS a standard doc out there they should keep mum about it)

A White Mage is an overpowered variant of a doctor that lets someone Doc somebody 2 nights in a row, while selecting a second target on the second night. Combine that with my overpowered 1-shot no-night-kills-at-all?
PMom is straight up lying about being a White Mage.

I'm not one to really argue mechanics but it would be too much. Anyway your deal is perfectly sound, and I'm willing to take you up on it. Pmom's evasiveness isn't really suiting, and while I get why he wouldn't want to claim who he visited, I do think that once you've revealed your doc, your number is up, and it does good to know who Pmom had good feelings too, even if they're just D1 ones.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I also thought it was a flavour claim when I made it :shobon:

? Meaning you didn't know the role existed previously?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dick Bastardly posted:

I agree this Inf vs. pmom mess needs to be resolved. I have a :tinfoil: theory about what's going on with this claim/counter claim business, but there's too many pieces of the puzzle missing.

Also, my opinion on slamburger has not changed, and I don't think the push on said player has merit.

##vote Inf

I'd like Dick to show up again but this is an interesting vote to stay on after all this. Also I wonder what they think about me this day, I know they were just leaning scum, but they did go all out on me on that one. On the matter of propagating the no-lynch I think we can only fault Dick on not having called people to return to infinitum, knowing they wouldn't have been able to muster Ecco and Pmom to vote me. In that regard, anyone that didn't give a 2nd viable option didn't really help particularly Ecco and Pmom.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Are you, or are you not, a White Mage?

Because you just said it was a flavour claim.

I think he is. It protects 2 people and it's what the role is called. This is all a bit after the fact.

:shrug:

I'm willing to vote Pmom, and I'm not beyond voting Inf, though I'd prefer the former.

But honestly I think the truth will come out tomorrow regardless and I'm fine looking at other avenues. We're letting ourselves get caught up in this especially when mafia is not going to let either role live given the opportunity. It'd be a hell of a gambit, but it'd be far too risky for them if you ask me. And if there's another doc they'll fess up before long, or continue to be a thorn in their side anyway.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Noted.

I'm inclined to think the claim is false, though that doesn't speak to his alignment.

And after all this?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mayor Glowku posted:

We have 5 hours and as its going it will be another no lynch. Several people just aren't voting, or participating for that matter

We should see how many people are going to be around and how many votes we can muster. I can stay until deadline but I very reluctant since that'll leave me with only 5 hours sleep, which isn't ideal but doable and I'll definitely vote to avoid a no-execution. I'll otherwise lay a vote with about 2 hours to go.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

zzyzx posted:

On the other hand it doesn't make much sense for PMom to claim in the spot he did as scum.

At the moment I wouldn't vote for either of them.

This is pretty reasonable. What good would getting all this attention serve Scum-mom?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Also looking at the current vote tally if all 4 non-voting players swung Inf then that'd settle that. Also we can consider Chores and Pmom immovable on that count; probably Slamburger, though I can see him moving his vote push came to shove since he seems willing to dialogue. We haven't heard from Moat or Bastardly in a while.

I'm going to venture to say everyone sitting on lesser candidates could probably move them, though I don't think we can count on Fisk to show up and to a lesser degree Hal. The only probably viable execution outside of these two is maybe Bastardly though TNL would need to push for it more. It's a good case, but I think having the crux rely on Dick being the instigator of the no-lynch leaves too many loose threads.

I'd still like to see movement in regards to Keane, at least some other reads on the guy, but I think Infinitum has given us a perfectly good out, in that we can turbo him tomorrow if he's lying. The only way we lose is if both him and Pmom are town, but the game might become slightly less vicious in the long-run and I've never cared about winning over having fun so that's an easy call.

The only argument I have towards ignoring the issue, as I've said, is with the reasoning that scum will want them dead regardless and will punish them for claiming much to our detriment.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

I guess if there was no kills tonight it would be sort of almost verified

That's the idea. And the scum could gambit that but... it seems kinda long term detrimental.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've been saying that scum would probably take care of it if either were the doctor, but they both claimed more or less last night, and neither of them was a target. That's weird.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Slamburger posted:

You are a crazy person. I'm just going off the words you typed:

That sounds to me like its some limited use super-protector ability. That is not a "doctor". There's no reason some role like that could be exclusive with a normal every-night 1 target doctor, and would not be a reason to aggressively go after a person that counterclaimed that they were a normal doctor. You even just again said yourself "I've played in plenty of games and this is the first time I've seen something akin to this role." So not a doctor.

To then accuse me of rolecopping you? Let me ask you this: In what universe of possibility does this counterfactual EVER make sense:

1. Infinitum, a town player, claims doctor.
2. The scum team thinks that a town player just LIED about being the doctor in order to save himself, putting the real doctor at risk of outting himself via counterclaim, risking multiple town lynches and witch hunts, and massively screwing over the town.
3. In order the verify this a scum rolecop decides to double check this lie to find out what infinitum REALLY is, for the purpose of ???

This is total nonsense.

Actually I think I get where he was coming from mainly because you managed to guess it was limited use and blocked deaths. Cure-all would've had made me thinking more of poison or fire prevention. Also "certain conditions" doesn't necessarily lead one to limited use. I see how he got paranoid about you rolecopping him.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm not seeing Scumburger. Also, having chores endorse doesn't make much of my opinion feel strong about voting slam, Chores has been altogether hard to read.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dick Bastardly posted:

## unvote

100, is your role passive or active?

What's with the role-fishing?

Inf says: PMom has had to counter-claim Doc, which was the best thing he could think of to get out of his "strong-role reasons against there being a Doc" statement

This actually goes someway in explaining why Scum Pmom would've counterclaimed, but why even subtly counter-claim to begin with? It makes a scum player too suspect early on.

This point is the only thing preventing me from confidently voting Pmom at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dick Bastardly posted:

100, between Pmom and Inf, if you had no other choice, who would you vote?

Pmom

• Locked thread