Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
cook ecco reporting for duty

meat is murder so we'll be eating potatoes

also make this game in the Arrentia verse, tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I see no reason not to do this

##vote infinitum

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I guess you could say this vote.................................................

....................................is ecco approved.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

(I said what I said. It's unlikely to be completely scum and I'd wager that town is at the least, a major driver on it. What's the issue?)

(the issue is anon is scum)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
100yrs I'm going to need you to do me a solid.

I'm gonna need you to vote for Infinitum.

If you're town, you'll be doing the town a huge favor. If you're scum, you'll be doing the town a huge favor.

It's really win-win. I know it's not in your nature to turbo-vote people, you go through things cautiously, but this just isn't the time or place for it.

Please do me this solid.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm scum because I said it's a bad idea to turbo someone right off the bat? There's a difference between a jokephase turbo and 7 out of 10 votes down already

deffo scum.

if you vote for infinitum though that would rehabilitate your cred a lot, I say this as your attorney, I advise you to do so.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Mr. F! posted:

##unvote

A turbo must be quick. This is taking too long therefore I will no longer throw my astonishing beauty and intellect behind this turbo.

put your vote back on you piece of dirt.

ninja e: please.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Flying Leatherman posted:

##vote 100 tbh this is the worst vote so far on this thing

I'm trying to decide whether Ecco pushing the turbo is purely out of game events motivated or whether it's an alignment tell and am leaning towards out of game events

this is a bad vote. 100yrs is doing something because I told him to do so; if you think he's scum for it, vote for me, since I am the one compelling him.

but don't vote for either of us, FL; vote for infinitum.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

i disagree, I explained why I'm confused about your motivations but 100yrs is, in his post and subsequent justification, explaining that he made the vote specifically to sheep you and that seems scummy to me.

vote for infinitum. you are trying to be helpful by taking your time and making sure it's a good vote but you're not actually helping, you're in fact hurting. all of these thoughts can be discussed at length tomorrow. for now, the real thing is to vote.

do me this favor, FL. if he flips town hypercharger I will accept the loss with grace, and if he flips scum I will take no credit or glory. for I am only doing the will of the one who sent me.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

unless everyone in this game has such strong meta feelings about his playstyle that they would immediately vote him which I doubt

Pinterest Mom posted:

he should and can be immediately voted out

just do it FL. you're holding up the game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
please vote for infinitum everybody. that is all I have to say today, see you all tomorrow :toot:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

Bow meow

(I find the stalling on Inf pretty interesting. I'm wondering if scum were trying to push for momentum and found it stalling. Or if Infi is scum himself)

the stalling is because the window for it being a turbo has ended and now well-meaning (but ultimately harmful) townies/scum pretending to be townies are saying "wait hold up we can't vote for someone unless we think they're scum!" which is a good policy to have 93% of the time but alas this is one of those 7% of the times.

the people who follow mafia rules like that aren't wrong, since, again, 93% of the time they're doing the right thing, but without room for that 7% of nuance and compromises they can't do what needs to be done.

(what needs to be done is taking out the trash before we get into the weeds of the game. if we get lost in the weeds we'll have to sift through the trash, too, and that's just gross, I don't like rummaging through garbage if I can help it and neither do you all. So let's do the needful and call it a day.)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Moatillata posted:

Okay cool ecco didnt leave for good then

I might as well have, I really don't want to have to figure mafia out while reading someone's garbage posts.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm not giving up and I am hoping for a late-day "oh crap we need to vote for someone" push. stay on it chores we can win by attrition.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
100yrs is obviously town, I am a very powerful person, I can command anyone except only the most stubborn or resolute to do my will, don't blame him for that.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I thirst for blood

same

everyone not voting for infinitum either should do so or explain why someone else is scummier.

let's get the day moving!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Mr. F! posted:

Chores is a much better choice.

why?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Thank you 100yrs for keeping the faith for this long. Blessed are you when they persecute you for my sake,. Resist the devil and his snares, solid in your faith, and your reward will be tenfold in the kingdom.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
eight hours to go, the scum defending infinitum should really coalesce around a single candidate if they want to save him.

100yrs is town, his posting sounds weird because he's been in France for so long, it otherwise doesn't sound like anything unusual for how he normally types.

I don't have any real opinions of Slamburger.

hey slamburger if you voted for Inf instead of Somber (who is not getting voted today) you would do the world a big mitzvah and yourself as well.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dick Bastardly posted:

Do you think Ecco's beef with Inf is reasonable?
I am sorry you have been mislead as to why I am voting for infinitum. It is not because I have a specific "beef" with him, I don't know who would have ever characterized it that way.

I am voting for him because he's a lovely player and he needs to leave.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Slamburger posted:

Infinitum plays the games he's in and contributes content, even when I disagree with it.
no he doesn't.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Slamburger posted:

Do you disagree with my reasoning for why he's scum? Do you think Somber is town?

I think somber voting for Inf is a good vote. I think it's perfectly valid to want Inf to be removed from the game and to say the voting pattern doesn't dissuade him. I neither agree nor disagree - I could see persuasive arguments either way (inf town vs. inf scum and scum voting for him vs. scum not) - but I can see why Somber would side the way he has, and so it doesn't read as scummy to me.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
There is a kneejerk feeling in mafia to want to say "I am voting <player> because they are scum/scummy," which is a good kneejerk to have because like I have said before the vast majority of the time that's what we should be doing anyway. But there are fringe cases where that must be discarded for the good of the game.

Somber saying "the vote patterns!" is not inherently scummy even ordinarily, and us all being a fringe case right now makes it even less so.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

got some chores tonight posted:

the council has convened and we have chose to execute slumburger

he will not have my vote.

If we get to day 2 my vote may shift but for now I am not giving up.

also chores you should revote inf.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Inf's "content" may be off the mark most of the time, but I think it can lend to provoking thoughts.
this is really bad.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
chores if you do not vote for infinitum I will destroy you.

you know I am more powerful than you, do not take this threat lightly.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

got some chores tonight posted:

id rather die on my feet than live on my knees

I'd rather be a surviving coward than a murdered fool.

nah that's not true I totally got beheaded as Mira Forrester, I respect your moxie chores, but again I am not making an idle threat. just understand I can and will undo you if you do not vote for infinitum. however you decide, be sure it's an informed choice.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dick Bastardly posted:

The chores/Ecco exchange feels fake to me.

it's a meeting of peers.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Scratch that. It terrifies me.

you sound more like a native french speaker who is fluent in English rather than the other way around. I wouldn't worry about it, language is a very fluid thing, if and when you move back to America it'll switch back after a few weeks or months probably.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dick Bastardly posted:

I just don't buy Ecco's sincerity in regard to the Inf dunk. I think if Ecco is playing to town's win condition, then she'd whether out the storm of Inf's bad posting and put more effort into actual scum-hunting rather than a policy dunk.

you're making a lot of bold claims here that aren't substantiated by reality.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dick Bastardly posted:

I think Ecco and 100 are possible scumbros, with chores rounding out the bottom of that list. Ecco inviting 100 along to vote with her seems to be a way of distancing their relationship to one another, and how 100 had explained his/her vote as a favor to Ecco feels like more back-handed distancing.
this entire paragraphs is nonsense by the way. "they're distancing from each other by very visibly colluding."

this is not a sensible position to take.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dick Bastardly posted:

Ecco: "Do me this favor in which it is visible in this here thread that I am asking this of you and you will agree of your own accord, having no ties to me in any way"

100: "yes, I shall agree to do you this favor while simultaneously acknowledging the fact that this push is not necessarily contrived on a notion of a pro-town play, I mean... it's possible Ecco is scum and I'd be saddened by the betrayal of trust if Inf flips town"

this is not how scum talk to each other. nobody talks this way.

Scum communicate with each other outside the thread but never inside it. If they ever mention another scum player it is indirectly - talking about someone else's case, or talking about some other aspect of the game that only incidentally addresses their scumbuddy.

This is because, subconsciously, scum know that they don't need to communicate in-thread. If they want to collude they just do it OOT. Likewise scum are afraid of connecting themselves in-thread to another scum player, since they know, very reasonably, if either of them ever die, the obvious connection is the next step.

It's a nonsense opinion, DB. If you think 100yrs is scum that's great, and if you think I'm scum too, oh well, but connecting us before either of us have flipped (and even worse making that the focal point of your vote!) is not good play.

And I know something about good play. (Vote infinitum.)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

a swing and a miss.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dick Bastardly posted:

This is the focal point of my vote (nice try though)
then I'll address that, too.

I would pursue a policy vote regardless of my alignment :eng101:

there I hope this helps you.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey DB address my response to your case.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'll re-read and address this when I get home, but I am not really following you here :shrug:

PMom explained why voting for Infinitum is good for the town (it's because he's a poo poo player and he needs to stop playing mafia).

I have said similarly, but then you vote me for it because "ecco wouldn't do that!" (which ignores that I would and have).

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dick Bastardly posted:

I will later. I have work stuff, then a drive home.

bullshit.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dick Bastardly posted:

Yes. Ok, so as I've stated before, I understand policy voting. I just don't believe you on this one. From my post agreeing with pmom to now I've changed my mind about voting Inf. I think avoiding no-Lynch is probably the only vote I'll give Inf today. OK I'm gone for real. I'll be on for deadline.

this is a lovely post.

"I've changed my mind, AND I now think anyone who thought like I did earlier in this game day is probably scum, well not anyone, just ecco, because I feel ecco wouldn't do that."

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
nah.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Mr. F! posted:

Yes. You're being a jerk for no reason.

it is ok to be mean to people who are lovely, especially when it is in the context of a game where the player is lovely w/r/t the game.

it is helpful for the town to remove someone from the game who will, more likely than not, be a net loss for the town regardless of their alignment.

it is smart to address these things earlier in the game rather than later where the stakes are a degree higher.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Sorry you haven't been paying attention, then. PMom summarized it best:

Pinterest Mom posted:

You discern alignment from behaviour. We know in advance that Inf is not going to play to town's win con. We should vote him out now, when it's low-pressure and low-consequence, rather than be stuck on day 5 and asking ourselves "is this town anti-town Inf or scum anti-town Inf"

I would rather not have to make that decision or engage in that discussion. I would rather we take a step, as a town and as a community, to weed out the lovely elements from our games ourselves. If mods won't do the work for us (which they should), then we must do it for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
yeah mags you really shouldn't be reminding us that you, too, are bad at mafia and are probably a net loss for the town regardless of alignment.

• Locked thread