Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Confirming I am replacing in. Also confirming I am not scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

sure, let me just post my role PM real quick

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Going to complete a re-read hopefully by this evening. Someone want to give me a quick synopsis of where we are at so far?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I mean, that seems pretty accurate, I guess.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Okay, I'm caught up finally.

I read the frustration for Infinitum towards the end of D1 as genuine but whether that's frustrated town at being tunneled incorrectly, or whether it's frustrated scum at being tunneled while happening to be scum, I'm not sure.

I do think that we have to resolve the PMom/Infinitum claim today.

Slamburger posted:

That sounds to me like its some limited use super-protector ability. That is not a "doctor". There's no reason some role like that could be exclusive with a normal every-night 1 target doctor, and would not be a reason to aggressively go after a person that counterclaimed that they were a normal doctor. You even just again said yourself "I've played in plenty of games and this is the first time I've seen something akin to this role." So not a doctor.

This argument makes sense to me. Inf, you'd have been better to stay with the initial doctor claim, as opposed to going back and trying to modify what you meant later. I don't feel like it would have been that difficult to claim this role you're describing D1 but without more details on why you felt people wouldn't understand it D1 but would now, this seems real bad to me.

##vote Infinitum

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Other notes on people from my re-read, to get my thoughts out there since ANarc didn't do much posting:

- I don't really get the push on Slamburger from D1. I lean town on him.

- I'm suspicious of Keane and to a lesser extent, TNL, as both are leaning on flavor while not making much in the way of arguments. TNL made a few more alignment calls and frankly I like TNL's flavor posts better, so :shrug: I think the Inf/PMom issue is more important to resolve today, but I'm watching this for D3.

- chores seems to be posting like chores usually does. Basically inscrutable for me to read. I can't remember if it was Inf or someone else who suggested chores would be a better policy vote for D1 but I don't see a lot of contribution there in most games.

- Also, apparently my character dotes on DB, so I guess I should go back and re-read him again?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

Arf arf.

(This a scum post.)

Hmmm, yes, great argument.

IllegallySober posted:

- I'm suspicious of Keane and to a lesser extent, TNL, as both are leaning on flavor while not making much in the way of arguments.

This a scum dog.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mayor Glowku posted:

My worry for choosing between inf and pmom is they I think at this point they might both be town. Lynching one and having them pop town could be indicative of the other being scum...

These seem very opposed for back-to-back sentences.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Slamburger posted:

PMom is always very analytical about claims and the value of information so I don't care at all if he wants to withhold his target. I can't believe people are spending so much time talking about it (this post included).

This, pretty much. I'm still in favor of resolving the doctor claim today but the issue of who PMom was attempting to target is tangential at best to the bigger issue.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

##unvote

I want to think about this new info from Inf but it's going to have to wait until I get done with meetings at work this morning.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I know you "aren't reading inf" pmom but your posting is considerably worse and more anti town than his

considering your stated motive for voting him d1 it's weird that you've spammed the thread with smug garbage since

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'll have tremendous content tomorrow once inf is dunked today :sun:

(also aren't you not reading inf~)

Sure you will.

I haven't played a ton with you but this isn't at all how I recall you acting when we were on the 3P team in our last game and I want this resolved.

##vote PMom

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

*Hisses*

(IS is scum.

Trying to off a doctor clain with a plausible argument. I don't like it!)

There's currently nine people, including myself, voting for one of the two claimed doctors. I'm hardly alone in my desire to resolve it. :rolleyes:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

got some chores tonight posted:

oh perfect its thsi doofus who is obv scum yeah buddy im good w/ this

CCKeane posted:

*Hisses*

(IS is scum.

Trying to off a doctor clain with a plausible argument. I don't like it!)

Dick Bastardly posted:

Mr.F!, IS, JFisk

you right, you right

CCKeane posted:

*scratches ear*

(I like DB or IS for a vote right now.)

I love that of the three of you the best argument you can come up with for me being scum is that I'm voting to help decide the issue that's taken up 75% of the game to this point.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

And yet all three of you are voting other people.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Slamburger posted:

Either a kill goes through and he'll claim he was roleblocked, or it won't and we'll have to wifom if the scum traded a NK for "confirming" a scum member.

Inf has claimed his "miracle" ability cannot be roleblocked, I thought?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Pinterest Mom posted:

when i flip town and scum withhold the kill, what will you conclude about inf's alignment

I'll conclude that like everyone else in the game, he can't be 100% cleared. I would do the same if voting Inf and Inf flipped town regarding you but I feel more strongly that he's town than you are.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Moatillata posted:

Who is this in response to?

Probably my post about him:

IllegallySober posted:

I love that of the three of you the best argument you can come up with for me being scum is that I'm voting to help decide the issue that's taken up 75% of the game to this point.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

give me 1 reason you think inf is town and 1 reason you think pm is scum

Infinitum posted:

tl;dr
- PMom won't claim who he doc'd and is confrontational when questioned about it (Most likely because he did the kill last night)
- PMom is not actively playing towards his town win-con, something he was policy voting me for
- PMom has had to counter-claim Doc, which was the best thing he could think of to get out of his "strong-role reasons against there being a Doc" statement
- Slamburger has scumslip'd stating he had info about my role before I revealed it, and is likely a rolecop
- If any kill happens tonight, feel free to turbo my rear end tomorrow

Pinterest Mom posted:

lol if you think i'm reading a single word inf is posting in this game

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

you are the brock osweiler of posters

well that's just hateful

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

1. doesnt matter. he claimed he was roleblocked; who cares who he targetted. distracter argument.
2. yeah so was your predecessor you cant use this as an argument w/o supporting voting off yourself d3
3. oh ok so the counterclaimer is scum because he had to counterclaim hmm yes
4. no. inf very heavily implied his role and honestly i think he just made up his role after slamburg put some stuff together be\cause hes so stupid he actually believe that would work

smart, its a waste of time to type words at scum, WHICH I AM CURRENTLY DOING FOR SOME REAOSN

1. Ah, so claiming he was roleblocked can't be a false claim, nobody could make that up, it must be 100% true, right?

2. I'm supposed to support voting myself off D3 because you weren't satisfied with Anarc's play D1? How does this make sense at all?

3. But the original claimer was scum because he had to claim first? How is that any different?

4. OMGUS much?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mayor Glowku posted:

18 minutes...

##unvote

So with your unvote are you validating PMom's claim?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Dick Bastardly posted:

omg it's happening again.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mayor Glowku posted:

Or close enough. At this point I really want Pmom to be scum, but I'd rather no lynch than lynch either of them

Goddammit.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Slamburger posted:

IS, DB, Glowku, Keane just vote Inf please and we won't all be failures
##vote Infinitum

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Moatillata posted:

Turbo this guy

Might be up for this too tbh

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mayor Glowku posted:

8 minutes ##vote zzyzx

Do we even have enough people here for this?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

We have six minutes to avoid no-dunk. Let's stay on Inf even though I don't really believe he's scum. Don't have the votes for a switch, I don't believe.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

This poo poo is so dumb.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Dick Bastardly posted:

then vote pmom, three to go

If literally anyone else does right now I will happily do so

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

##vote PMom

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

This ship's got some drat weirdos on it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Infinitum posted:

The only miracle going on here was you believing my fake-claim over the doctor's real-claim

Oh, you're going to die today, but there's no need to try to start a turbo on yourself.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

please listen to me if youre a town player who voted for pmom over inf

remember that you stated you would play to your win condition in this game. here's how you can best do it. listen to me. put your ego aside and realise a very important fact: i am better than you at mafia. even if you dislike my posting style, you need to acknowledge the simple fact that i am better at discerning town from scum than you. listen to me. i am your captain and i am your leader. obey my word.

here is the commandment today. do not post. every post today is a scum victory. trust me to have already discerned whether you are town or scum from previous days. allow yourself to be placed on notice. dare the scum to follow our lead. infinitum will die today. there is no alternative. it matters not if you cop'd a scum or if you watched a kill. save that for a later day. today we will vote infinitum in 45 hours but we shallnt post on this day. we will trust in ourselves and more importantly we will trust in me. in future days, we will vote without discussion. follow your leader and victory is attainable. trust yourself and you have already lost b/c you cannot deny the truth: you are weak and you are wrong.

Sure, you wanna try to do it all yourself? Fine :jerkbag:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Infinitum posted:

Why aren't I dead yet?

I want to give the last person who votes me a nice warm hug

Let me be the one to hammer Infinitum when we are ready, please.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

Arf arf.

(No need to vote immediately.)

Oh, I agree, as I posted before. But I want to be the one to hammer.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Slamburger posted:

Ok well here's my case then:

Keane's been pretty firmly pro-Infinitum for the whole game, but curiously hasn’t justified his position by referencing Inf’s claim, which is odd since I would expect a town-pov to do so.

Here’s all of his Inf opinions:

^^ This was was kind of odd and scummy at the time by itself

This is the point where I would really expect a comment on Inf’s claim if CCK was actually town. If a town player was actually relying on their own read of a player, they would absolutely factor in the claimed power of the role, and would be using that to defend the person. “let him use his power, we would be stupid to get rid of this person etc etc”. Instead, since I think he knows Inf’s claim is bullshit and psychologically can’t defend him on those grounds.

Its always indirect, steering people away from Inf:

Here’s another indirect defense of Inf, where he calls out IS after he subs in and votes Inf:

He wasn't on either the D1 or D2 vote (understandable given his stated pro-inf position), but Day 2 he was being actively unhelpful towards finishing a lynch. He said he would “vote anybody” but then staying on a non-leading candidate until the absolute last minute. He should have committed to either Inf or PMom way sooner than he did. Then saying “sorry” for his PMom vote is scum remorse.

He'll be my top candidate tomorrow. I'm doing some more re-reading to find other Inf connections.

##vote Inf

I like this line of thinking and this case a lot. Most of his content is indirect and he never had any kind of a cohesive argument against me, either.

I'm going to spend some time today looking at Keane's interactions with others besides myself and Inf and also re-read Inf (ugh)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

FYI, Inf is at -2 right now. There's still a lot of this day to go so we shouldn't hammer until everyone has had a chance to check-in.

I'm still willing to hammer Inf when we are ready.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Infinitum posted:

Seraph Knight

Very cute.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Infinitum posted:

Kill me and be done with it.

Nope, you get to wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

The Ninth Layer posted:

Second Mate's Notebook
++++++++++++++++++++

I find it somewhat conspicuous that nobody has asked about why IS feels such a strong need to be the hammering role, and so I am making a note of it in my notebook. Incidentally it appears that IllegallySober attempted to go for the hammer yesterday as well.

Yesterday I wasn't attempting to be the one to hammer.

Today, I'm volunteering to be because if he's got a nasty surprise waiting for whoever hammers him, it's in town's best interest if I take that bullet.

• Locked thread