Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

It amazes me that everything NFT related always looks so terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

"in partnership with FOX Entertainment’s Web3 media studio, Blockchain Creative Labs" is the dumbest thing I read on the internet

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

FireWorksWell posted:

It amazes me that everything NFT related always looks so terrible.

That's because they're all potemkin projects. They're thrown together to give an appearance of legitimacy in hopes of getting people to believe they have value, but anyone with a bit of an eye can easily see how dumb or poorly-made they are.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Ironslave posted:

That's because they're all potemkin projects. They're thrown together to give an appearance of legitimacy in hopes of getting people to believe they have value, but anyone with a bit of an eye can easily see how dumb or poorly-made they are.

This one looks like those foot fetish images where the feet are the only thing drawn with any detail, but for monkey mouths 🙊
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K-xkPP7Hfk&t=148s

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Since Harmon's brought us to the topics of Nazis and NFTs, I'm just gonna drop a link to an effort video detailing how the two are deeply related.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpH3O6mnZvw

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

interdimensional cable III just dropped

https://youtu.be/uvz8t5fwQy4

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Takes No Damage posted:

M Night Shamaliens is my favorite S1 ep and it ends up being a triple-cross Just As PlannedTM episode for Rick :getin:

But that’s not a god Rick episode though? Like, at all.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

:barf: why tho?? I just don't understand why these things are appealing to already-successful, wealthy creative types.

The poo poo with the NFTs (and Elon) feels really off. I don't mean to get all "you have to be a genius to appreciate Ricknmortie", but it's a show that has a very cynical edge to it, and Rick is the kind of character that is explicitly written to see through everyone's bullshit (except his own). It feels like the creators of this kind of show should likewise be able to see through the bullshit. Elon Musk is precisely the kind of garbage person with a fake public persona that they've spent so much time lampooning on the show, and if they had an ounce of Rick's cynicism they would have immediately identified NFTs as an obvious scam -- unless of course they DID identify it and just decided to get in on the scam, which sucks even worse.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

galagazombie posted:

But that’s not a god Rick episode though? Like, at all.

Guess it depends on how the thread is defining a God Rick episode. I assumed it was any episode Rick was 3 moves ahead of everybody else the entire time and never faced any actual stakes or resistance, something like Shamaliens or 301 Rickshank (the Shoney's / prison break episode).

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Takes No Damage posted:

Guess it depends on how the thread is defining a God Rick episode. I assumed it was any episode Rick was 3 moves ahead of everybody else the entire time and never faced any actual stakes or resistance, something like Shamaliens or 301 Rickshank (the Shoney's / prison break episode).

Him as "god Rock" is undercut by the stinger where he's not sure he isn't still in a simulation

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Him as "god Rock" is undercut by the stinger where he's not sure he isn't still in a simulation

what a life!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

One of the things that makes "The Vat of Acid Episode" such a great episode is that it's called "The Vat of Acid Episode" and not something annoying like "The Mort of Ac-Rick'd Epi-Jerry".

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

I read that as more just blackout drunk shenanigans a la Vindicators pants-making GBS threads rather than him being actually unsure if he was still in the Matrix or not.

Mantis42 posted:

One of the things that makes "The Vat of Acid Episode" such a great episode is that it's called "The Vat of Acid Episode" and not something annoying like "The Mort of Ac-Rick'd Epi-Jerry".

:yeah:
I just got done adding custom episode thumbnails so I could tell what the episodes were without having to click through and read the description. I understand the allure of clever episode titles, but over time the Seinfeld/Friends super basic description method seems to hold up better, or at least is more convenient to browse through in a media server.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Phenotype posted:

:barf: why tho?? I just don't understand why these things are appealing to already-successful, wealthy creative types.

The poo poo with the NFTs (and Elon) feels really off. I don't mean to get all "you have to be a genius to appreciate Ricknmortie", but it's a show that has a very cynical edge to it, and Rick is the kind of character that is explicitly written to see through everyone's bullshit (except his own). It feels like the creators of this kind of show should likewise be able to see through the bullshit. Elon Musk is precisely the kind of garbage person with a fake public persona that they've spent so much time lampooning on the show, and if they had an ounce of Rick's cynicism they would have immediately identified NFTs as an obvious scam -- unless of course they DID identify it and just decided to get in on the scam, which sucks even worse.

There is (or at least was) a whole lot of money theoretically at play and some big Hollywood people were pushing it. I know somebody bothered to dig into it when all those celebrities were suddenly talking about how much they loved their Bored Ape (or equivalent). Surprise, it turns out the common theme was that they were all represented by the same agency and that agency was making some moves in the NFT space :ms:.

And Elon Musk was a fun, epic Internet persona that they loved and wrote a bad Simpsons-style cameo for. I think it was a thread here that found somebody in the team's Instagram post that was like "Well, we didn't get to see him for long, but it was still a fun trip. Shame we didn't get to take a spin in a Tesla" and it seemed like maybe some of them thought he was actually a superfan and that they'd get to actually spend the day with Elon and get free stuff.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Phenotype posted:

I can see them not getting it though - sometimes people who think they’re really good at identifying lovely/incompetent people and making fun of them will have blind spots for the lovely/incompetent people they like.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Heliotrope posted:

I can see them not getting it though - sometimes people who think they’re really good at identifying lovely/incompetent people and making fun of them will have blind spots for the lovely/incompetent people they like.

I’m in the blind spot you speak of. It’s the only reason I’ve lived this long and have any kind of “success” (I’ve got no successes honestly, I’m literally only around because I’m in various peoples blind spots, but I’m far from needing anything materially)

You’ve put words to something that’s been scratching the back of my psyche and terrorizing me existentially with all of my interpersonal relations. Professional and otherwise.

Thank you. You’ve done a favor for a guy who really needs to get his poo poo together. He won’t. But he really loving needs to.

At least I understand what it is now and it won’t haunt me. Now I can just lol at it and pretend everything is fine.

I owe you one.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Takes No Damage posted:

:godwinning: When did this become the default!?

Smartest man in the universe, incapable of extremely basic pattern recognition. Many such stories.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

And Elon Musk was a fun, epic Internet persona that they loved and wrote a bad Simpsons-style cameo for. I think it was a thread here that found somebody in the team's Instagram post that was like "Well, we didn't get to see him for long, but it was still a fun trip. Shame we didn't get to take a spin in a Tesla" and it seemed like maybe some of them thought he was actually a superfan and that they'd get to actually spend the day with Elon and get free stuff.

Ugh. I mean the entire Vindicator episode is dedicated to talking about how people like Elon Musk are awful -- public persona that people love, talks the big talk about the future and space travel so people think he's an amazing visionary, and in private he's a serial adulterer who abuses his workers, the government, and the environment, hoards wealth like a modern-day dragon, and can't even figure out how to make a proper Elden Ring build.

Hey buddy, we're all garbage people in one way or another. Everyone has major flaws, and to the people who care about us, we're all just fitting into their blindspot. But a better way to look at it might be that we forgive eachother for their flaws -- because we can recognize the things that we appreciate in eachother as well.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

just take "you are not immune to propaganda" and you can pretty much apply it to everything

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
NFT’s from the get-go were a predation on the wealthy, Dan Harmon seems like a very “clever” man but he does not seem like a very “smart” man

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

FireWorksWell posted:

Since Harmon's brought us to the topics of Nazis and NFTs, I'm just gonna drop a link to an effort video detailing how the two are deeply related.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpH3O6mnZvw

this was good thanks

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9Cdi1emp4g

new 'hype' thing

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Morty's getting a Yoshi?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Do you think Doofus Rick survived the purge?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
We didn’t see how the tainted portal fluid affected guns that weren’t already on the Citadel. So :shrug:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://twitter.com/adultswim/status/1557729895425650691

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Jesus that looks good!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

haha hell yeah more ROY

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/garfieldsemen/status/1563273601758871553

Justin Roiland and Rick and Morty have been trending off and on today because of the backlash against High on Life.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Yeah I saw that gamescom trailer and it's a big 'oof'

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s a pretty big split between

“That game looks bad, but the talking guns are funny, I will play it for them”

Or

“That game looks fun to play, but the talking guns are cringe and the humor is tasteless”

Either way, I’m sure the creator of Rick & Morty knows how to weather the storm of internet nerds being weird with rude opinions.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jonas Albrecht posted:

https://twitter.com/garfieldsemen/status/1563273601758871553

Justin Roiland and Rick and Morty have been trending off and on today because of the backlash against High on Life.

Lol that’s pretty good.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Jesus that looks good!

Oof, right into the gasoline factory :kingsley:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

everyone is poo poo talking it and I'm just bummed it isn't coming to PS5

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

The gunplay looked dull from the boss fight, there's no impact behind anything and it had a ton of health. Might watch someone else's playthrough but I'd pass

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i liked the living weapons in stranger's wrath that game was pretty cool

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

FireWorksWell posted:

The gunplay looked dull from the boss fight, there's no impact behind anything and it had a ton of health. Might watch someone else's playthrough but I'd pass

Yeah that's the real problem to me. I find Roiland's constant stuttering blabber pretty funny, but the gun play itself looks extremely boring. Shooting looks like it has no impact

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Mx. posted:

i liked the living weapons in stranger's wrath that game was pretty cool

Glad I'm not alone. I liked the idea of weird living guns in a game again, but these trailers aren't inspiring me. Which is weird because I thought Solar Opposites did pretty good this season, not sure how involved he is in that though. Hope that the new season of Rick and Morty is decent at least. That interview posted a little while back made it sound like they knew the last season didn't quite hit right.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Macaluso posted:

Yeah that's the real problem to me. I find Roiland's constant stuttering blabber pretty funny, but the gun play itself looks extremely boring. Shooting looks like it has no impact

I never got why Borderlands got so huge. The guns have this exact problem. It felt less like shooting bullets at enemies and more like operating a power washer on a HP pool. For a looter shooter the shooting really sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Borderlands came out before Looter Shooters were a thing, it was kind of the first “Diablo Loot in a shooter” game and we were all excited to play an FPS that wasn’t just another half-life//bioshock ripoff. Borderlands 2 was good because the guns were extremely weird and wacky and helped set up a unique identity for the franchise. Borderlands 3 is pure inertia, IMO, it’s not a very good game, and compared to modern Loot n Shoots it SUCKS and I’ve never played a game that tried as hard to sell you DLC in shiftier ways