Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
i'd have loved a kuato quator but maybe that would have been too on the nose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

jabby posted:

- Lampshading Summer's sexuality with 'wow, this makes her character so much more interesting now'

I thought the frolf bro was saying that in response to Summer saying she saved the woman from being trafficked and burned alive.

But I may be giving them too much credit.

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

so was the guy a cake?

somebody with better hearing than me tell me what happened when rick was talking to summer over the tv

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Rick said it was sentient cake.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

PicklePants posted:

Usually they're good at putting episodes on amazon when you purchase the season right away. I'm not seeing it? Anyone else having that issue?

Yeah its not up for me either yet.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

The_Doctor posted:

Rick said it was sentient cake.

I think Rick said the show had sentient cakes, but we never got to see if that one was a cake or not

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010

ymgve posted:

I think Rick said the show had sentient cakes, but we never got to see if that one was a cake or not

Thanks for posting that so I didn't have to

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Okay. Apparently the episode is listed on Amazon now, but with a notice that they'll e-mail when it's available.

Odd! I don't know if I've had that happen before for an episode that should already be out.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
Yeah I feel like that bit would have landed better if they had started cutting into the guy and he was actually a cake, but he kept freaking out the whole time.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I thought not knowing was funnier. :shrug:

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Still knocking them out of the park.

Something from last episode (i think) that i forgot to mention. The pet semetary experimentation was hilarious. From rick thinking it stupid to then being super into it.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I wanted Morty to portal to the rich dudes at the end and give them one of his open minded missiles

Solid episode otherwise

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mr. Nemo posted:

Something from last episode (i think) that i forgot to mention. The pet semetary experimentation was hilarious. From rick thinking it stupid to then being super into it.

I loved the whole experiment thing they had going with the semeraty. Starting with recharging Morty's phone, a car that ran out of petrol, putting a dead body in tinfoil.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Mr. Nemo posted:

yeah i think in the spaghetti episode Rick gets excited to explore 'grey areas' and since then it's been so apparent that it really makes him happy

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I loved the whole experiment thing they had going with the semeraty. Starting with recharging Morty's phone, a car that ran out of petrol, putting a dead body in tinfoil.

I know they don't get into it too much because the whole point is that Rick is bored and jaded from seeing the wonders/horrors of the infinite universe, but it's really fun when they just lean into him being a scientist and trying to figure something out. Pet Sematary was such a fun bit.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Man, I love Summer Adventure episodes and really any episode including Summer.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't think this show works very well without Rick

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Aw, I thought that was fun.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Lmfao that owned. Basically s parody of those terrible direct to video action films / 80's kids cartoons that leant into being so loving indulgently dumb that it wrapped around to being amazing. You can tell someone really loved these things.

THREESUS CHRIST

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
What a piece of poo poo that was

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
That was hilariously dumb

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I can't tell whether I loved or hated that episode. Minus points for Rick not being around to make fun of the sheer absurdity of it.

rabble rabble
Mar 23, 2015

Nap Ghost
this is basically the heist episode but instead of heist movies it;s this:

Open Source Idiom posted:

THREESUS CHRIST

JockstrapManthrust
Apr 30, 2013
Gloriously, unapologetically dumb and fun.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

That ceiling was poisoned

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Shitenshi posted:

Minus points for Rick not being around to make fun of the sheer absurdity of it.

IMO having Rick around for the story would have ruined the vibe.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

it was a lot more profane than the phantom tollbooth

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I don't think that episode was very good at all

And yet I still had a pretty good time watching it

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That episode was incredibly dumb and thoroughly entertaining.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I think it would have worked better as an early season Futurama episode.

All the stupid puns and wordplay was always much more a Futurama thing than a Rick and Morty thing.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Queen Sinistar-7 does things too me.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

big swing and a miss for me,.but might be one i enjoy on rewatch more. felt like a Wall episode of solar opposites, sort of inverted

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
the thing about dorky sci-fi show writers who love puns is that they're really goddamn good at them

i mean Dread Nought was an A+ goddamn name for a big evil zero

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Yup, best episode of the season, possibly the show.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

All the stupid puns and wordplay was always much more a Futurama thing than a Rick and Morty thing.

But R&M does great pun work. Loved the superheroes based on literary devices

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
yeah that was objectively terrible

still pretty fun though

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

YES...HAHAHAHA....EGG!
I understand why you can't have Rick there because he would just instantly solve it, but no Rick plus Morty being so unambiguously into it made the episode kinda lack bite. It needed somebody more clearly taking the piss out of it for the joke to work.

I think that actually works a lot better if instead of Goldenfold, you use Space Beth. She can be a smartass about the whole thing, have history with Water T and help without being as overpowered as Rick.

Although, this episode follows directly from the stinger of the Get Schiwfty episode...so was this actually a secret season one episode or was that stinger secretly a season seven stinger? Which would mean this is actually the Parmesan Dimension Water T.....?

MJeff fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Dec 4, 2023

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004
Some of y'all hated math and it shows.

The brackets usage was top level pun work. Master level puns throughout.

I can see why some hate it though. Round numbers are full of ups and downs. Lots of remainders of inadequacy.

I wonder if they pitched using a 1 with a hundred zeros after it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Also yeah, this was probably in the bottom rung of episodes for this season for me, but still in the "goddamn I enjoyed that" register. I don't want to be a broken record but this season has just been hitting for me over and over again; I feel Mr. Poopybutthole and the Unity episode were setting me up for a middling obligation-watch but every episode since those has had me hootin' and hollerin'.