Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I really don't see the Star-Lord comparison with the Iron Man ripoff guy, because he's so obviously an Iron Man ripoff and not a Star-Lord ripoff.

The drinking alone confirms it, since Star-Lord's not a drunk, not even a "fun and charming drunk."

Obviously I'm overthinking the joke here, but :goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Don't respond to BOTL

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

WampaLord posted:

I really don't see the Star-Lord comparison with the Iron Man ripoff guy, because he's so obviously an Iron Man ripoff and not a Star-Lord ripoff.

The drinking alone confirms it, since Star-Lord's not a drunk, not even a "fun and charming drunk."

Is movie Iron Man a drunk? Because comic book Iron Man absolutely knows what blackouts are.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

prefect posted:

Is movie Iron Man a drunk? Because comic book Iron Man absolutely knows what blackouts are.

Yes, there's an entire part of Iron Man 2 where it's shown he's being drunk and dangerous with his suit at his birthday party.

Plus he's drinking a lot in the first one as well, before he gets captured.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

/who the gently caress is noob noob

goddrat

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

I don't think her name is actually mentioned.

I kept waiting for it, but I didn't hear it.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
It's definitely mentioned a couple times. "Rick, Supernova's getting away" for one.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Tormented posted:

A very interesting theory I came up with after watching the episode a second time.

I don't think Rick got blackout drunk this time i.e he remembered where he left his portal gun.

Also right when the pre-record drop down screen starts Rick runs off to "Shut this thing off" and just returns without saying anything.

My theory is he remembered making the sappy Morty video and quickly went off to change it as its the only video that has the cave background unlike the others.

This would also explain why at the end it accepts Morty as a correct answer even though it was "keyed" for Noop Noop.

I think I'm beginning to agree with this.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Except for, you know, the fact that we had the creator of the show wishing he left in a line about Rick knowing Noon Noob's weight.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

Except for, you know, the fact that we had the creator of the show wishing he left in a line about Rick knowing Noon Noob's weight.

And the fact that you can remember where you set your keys down, or maybe one or two other flashes of real events, that occurred during a blackout. I speak from experience here.

And while Sober Rick (Hey Morrrrr-tyyyyy! I'm Sober Rick, Morty! I'm Sober Rick! I turned myself into a 12th step! I turned myself into a 12th step, I'm Sober Rick!) may have kind-of hated the Vindicators, I didn't get the impression that he was willing to just kill a bunch of them, especially in front of Morty, who idolized them. Had he remembered all of that stuff, he might not have let the first couple of Vindicators die. (He didn't have any control over the deaths of Million Ants or Train Dude.)

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Beth doesn't really come off all that great, does she? Without Jerry there she's suddenly the least involved, least introspective person in the room. She grew up thinking she wasn't smart enough to earn her dad's love. Jerry filled the role of making her feel smart and loved. Rick barely gives her the time of day, doesn't tell her the truth, and never talks to her like a real person. She's the only person in the universe he treats with kid-gloves, but that doesn't mean he's doing it out of love. He treats the other people he loves like crap. I think he refuses to genuinely interact with her because he feels like if he treated her like everyone else he'd alienate her, or it could just be from the guilt of never being a good father. He doesn't respect her and I don't think he can bring himself to admit that to her.

I think there'll come a time in this season where Rick unloads on her.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Milky Moor posted:

I don't think her name is actually mentioned.

It's Super Nova, and she seems to be some kind of sentient collapsing star.

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat

Nail Rat posted:

It's definitely mentioned a couple times. "Rick, Supernova's getting away" for one.

Everybody knows Supernova fights gravity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzjQbzmiuNQ

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Madurai posted:

I kept waiting for it, but I didn't hear it.

Why did goons always have trouble hearing (paying attention) things?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

We Know Catheters posted:

Why did goons always have trouble hearing (paying attention) things?

Because they are too busy crafting theories to actually watch the content.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

bull3964 posted:

And Rick runs off for like 10 seconds max? He really does want to shut off the video cause hes embarrassed by his blackout hack self.

Really is a lot better if sober Rick does have those sentiments for Morty but blackout Rick only thinks that way of the guy who laughed at his snarky jokes a few times. But then doesn't even recall noob noob when sober. :v:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I think the lack of a B plot sorta mired this episode a bit. There were lots of individually funny moments, but I didn't find the existential pain of this episode to be as upfront as in some of the best ones.

Funny things tho and I look forward to Rick and Jerry time next week.

Noob Noob is def whatever Mr Poopy-Butthole is.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I don't get the people who think Rick remembers where he left the portal gun during blackout. The scene change to the gun on vomit covered sink is for us the audience to laugh at, not a memory Rick is having.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
bring back Million Ants

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

They look nothing alike. You're racist.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

A true and loving friend?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

You are a racist.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
They both look like e. coli, they both have something to do with poo poo, one in name, the other in cleaning it.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

They both look like e. coli,

Nice racist slur, bro. Why don't you just call them glip glops while you're at it?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

vermin posted:

Beth doesn't really come off all that great, does she? Without Jerry there she's suddenly the least involved, least introspective person in the room. She grew up thinking she wasn't smart enough to earn her dad's love. Jerry filled the role of making her feel smart and loved. Rick barely gives her the time of day, doesn't tell her the truth, and never talks to her like a real person. She's the only person in the universe he treats with kid-gloves, but that doesn't mean he's doing it out of love. He treats the other people he loves like crap. I think he refuses to genuinely interact with her because he feels like if he treated her like everyone else he'd alienate her, or it could just be from the guilt of never being a good father. He doesn't respect her and I don't think he can bring himself to admit that to her.

I think there'll come a time in this season where Rick unloads on her.

Has Beth even had a stand alone episode? Not a Beth and Jerry episode. Cuzco Jerry had had a bunch, if you include B plots

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

rydiafan posted:

Nice racist slur, bro. Why don't you just call them glip glops while you're at it?

don't squanch!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Thundercracker posted:

Has Beth even had a stand alone episode? Not a Beth and Jerry episode. Cuzco Jerry had had a bunch, if you include B plots
There was that brief thing with the other horse doctor in the cronenberg episode. It still involved jerry but at least she got like, scenes by herself.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Arigato, Pupibutthoru

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

There was that brief thing with the other horse doctor in the cronenberg episode. It still involved jerry but at least she got like, scenes by herself.

Also her Mr. Meeseeks adventure.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

logikv9 posted:

bring back Million Ants

The million ants are still alive. 🐜

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cojawfee posted:

You are a racist.

Pretty sure they both say "oo-wee" the same.

Edit: also, you're speciesist or something for thinking that there can't be differently-colored members of a species.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Or with different numbers of noses?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

rydiafan posted:

Nice ableism there. :D

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

rydiafan posted:

Noop Noop is a failed clone of one of Mr. PB's race.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
all these assholes look alike to me

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

prefect posted:

Nice ableism there. :D

Believing in the natural biological superiority of having two noses is suddenly able-supremacy, well pardon me

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Cojawfee posted:

You are a racist.

Is Stealy related to one of them?

http://i.imgur.com/ETICDfh.gifv

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Steely is.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Stealy is purporting a stereotype of the lovely rear end in a top hat race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

Thundercracker posted:

The Pickle Rick B-plot probably made it the episode most focused on her, and not her and Jerry. Which isn't saying much.

She's got to be a lot harder to write/involve than Jerry though because of her intelligence, value to Rick, and ability to impose consequences on him.

Now that I think about it, this season has really been driving home what was only implied (or shouted by Jerry) before, which is how selectively stupid she is about Rick. That's probably giving the writers a lot more leeway to involve her and account for why she doesn't pull the plug on the adventures or Rick's access to her children.