Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The "true level" scene except Zizek introduces Morty to pure ideology instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
God S3 is such a blur but “True Level” was such a dope, loving amazing gag. That and the Citadel episode give me a lot of hope for 2019’s Season 4, provided Harmon and Roiland get to keep their jobs after all this business.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 246 days!

Mantis42 posted:

The "true level" scene except Zizek introduces Morty to pure ideology instead.

Or a zone free of ideology, which makes Morty aware of ideology being everywhere else.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

CrazyLoon posted:

Okay, now I actually want to see a cartoon of Zizek abusing the trust of his grandson and going on adventures with him. Cripes.

while his son owns him constantly

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

God S3 is such a blur but “True Level” was such a dope, loving amazing gag. That and the Citadel episode give me a lot of hope for 2019’s Season 4, provided Harmon and Roiland get to keep their jobs after all this business.

harmon said on harmontown he's starting his own production company so he may just produce it himself *burrrp*

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

maskenfreiheit posted:

harmon said on harmontown he's starting his own production company so he may just produce it himself *burrrp*

Starburns isn't a production company?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Zizek is basically some sort of Lacanian Rick and I'd pay good money to see some high concept scifi rigamarole with him in the role.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Starburns isn't a production company?

as i just said, i heard he's starting his own

star burns is owned by... star burns

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

maskenfreiheit posted:

as i just said, i heard he's starting his own

star burns is owned by... star burns

He has a name, it's Alex.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

GORDON posted:

He has a name, it's Alex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is4OPgKQxW8

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hot Streets looks dumb and I'm using this space to complain.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Hot Streets looks dumb and I'm using this space to complain.

I don't know what that is, but I approve of the spirit of this post. :)

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

World War Mammories posted:

while his son owns him constantly

I want a road movie starring him and Herzog.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JustinRoiland/status/954109506165723136

Justin Roiland sure knows a lot about getting your eyes poked out all of a sudden.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
He’s not wrong

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

He’s not wrong

Yes, but is he wearing an eyepatch right now?

Maybe because insatiable sex monster Dan Harmon stabbed him? Who's to say?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

He’s not wrong

Maybe, but then again, who is laboring under the delusion that if you go to an ER with a knife in your eye, they're going to have a way to capture that eye goo, store it safely, and then put it back in when they sew your eye back up, which is also a thing that probably won't happen?

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
I fell off the whole Rick and Morty / Dan Harmon train there for a while. My job went from something hella chill to something hella involved overnight and I lost track of all my favorite podcasts. I really don't want to listen to listen to 8 months of harmontowns to find out whether or not Dan addressed how lovely Rick and Morty fans have become publicly. My question is, has Dan addressed how lovely and toxic and backwards Rick and Morty fandom has become? Is there a particular harmontown I can listen to during which Dan comes to terms with the evil monster he has created?

Thanks in advance for all the reddit browsing you are saving me from. I really do appreciate it.

xoxo,

Peacock.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Rick & Morty’s fandom is not in any way worse than anything that has come before. I don’t think Dan or Justin has any responsibility to anyone to reign in or acknowledge their lovely fans. They made a show about lovely people being lovely to each other, it wasn’t a hard sell.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AnElegantPeacock posted:

I fell off the whole Rick and Morty / Dan Harmon train there for a while. My job went from something hella chill to something hella involved overnight and I lost track of all my favorite podcasts. I really don't want to listen to listen to 8 months of harmontowns to find out whether or not Dan addressed how lovely Rick and Morty fans have become publicly. My question is, has Dan addressed how lovely and toxic and backwards Rick and Morty fandom has become? Is there a particular harmontown I can listen to during which Dan comes to terms with the evil monster he has created?

Thanks in advance for all the reddit browsing you are saving me from. I really do appreciate it.

xoxo,

Peacock.

Dan Harmon is pissed at Rick And Morty fans for harassing female writers

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Isn't it ironic, don't you think

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yeah, I really do think.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a sentient switchblade.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bust Rodd posted:

Rick & Morty’s fandom is not in any way worse than anything that has come before. I don’t think Dan or Justin has any responsibility to anyone to reign in or acknowledge their lovely fans. They made a show about lovely people being lovely to each other, it wasn’t a hard sell.

True. But it’s been a while since I’ve been on the ground floor of something and watch it slowly get more and more nasty.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 246 days!

AndyElusive posted:

Isn't it ironic, don't you think

Well, he seems pissed off at himself.

There's a very important distinction to be made between "did a bad thing and thinks they did nothing wrong" and "did a bad thing and knows it."

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm not reading something on AV Club, but in the last podcast he talked briefly about how occasionally R&M fans give his gf poo poo for dating him when he's obviously a fat gross old man and she must therefore either be a whore or a gold digger or something. Pretty sure that's the only time he brought it up.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

I dunno not many shows end up with a bunch of nerds harassing poor McDonalds employees.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

socialsecurity posted:

I dunno not many shows end up with a bunch of nerds harassing poor McDonalds employees.

homestuck had that video of people spitting in a bucket at a resturant. That close? And homestuck cosplayers got so much grey bodypaint all over everything that cosplay conventions across the country had to institute rules about body paint.

I don't think they managed to make anything nearly as annoying across seven years of the comics run as the pickle rick meme, though.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Bust Rodd posted:

Rick & Morty’s fandom is not in any way worse than anything that has come before.

wubba lubba dub dub (repeat x 30)

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Hello Goons. No word on rick and Morty stuff but please continue to watch our youtube channel about animation. Since I know you guys love cartoons so much. Today I have two things for you

I've been working on a personal project for a few months now. So please enjoy this 90 second short film I made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGjkZUqfAd0

And over on BAM Animation. I made a video with my other rick and morty artist freind to teach all you internet folk about making WALK CYCLES! Please check it out if you like learning about cartoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k25G83FqiEI

Typical fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Feb 15, 2018

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Typical posted:

I've been working on a personal project for a few months now. So please enjoy this 90 second short film I made.

Astoundingly good. Love the visual storytelling and designs here. Animation is really smooth. Good good poo poo

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

I spent some time trying to work out if you are mouthing half of your partners dialogue as he says it. :)

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Gromit posted:

I spent some time trying to work out if you are mouthing half of your partners dialogue as he says it. :)

I am, because I am an awkward nerd who is bad at acting.

CelticPredator posted:

Astoundingly good. Love the visual storytelling and designs here. Animation is really smooth. Good good poo poo

god bless you, thank you!

Typical fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Feb 15, 2018

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Typical posted:

Mods! Being doxxed here!!

Typical posted:

I am, because I am award nerd who is bad at acting.

Oh nope, sorry...he was just doxxing himself.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Feb 15, 2018

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
"Brojam" brand condoms.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

tarlibone posted:

Maybe, but then again, who is laboring under the delusion that if you go to an ER with a knife in your eye, they're going to have a way to capture that eye goo, store it safely, and then put it back in when they sew your eye back up, which is also a thing that probably won't happen?

it's a whole lot more likely that they'll be able to remove the knife without disrupting the fluid in the eye than that you can do it

they can't put the fluid back in if it leaves, which is why you don't take the knife out on your own, so the fluid ideally doesn't escape your eye in the first place

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Typical posted:

Hello Goons. No word on rick and Morty stuff but please continue to watch our youtube channel about animation. Since I know you guys love cartoons so much. Today I have two things for you

it's real good

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Typical posted:

And over on BAM Animation. I made a video with my other rick and morty artist freind to teach all you internet folk about making WALK CYCLES! Please check it out if you like learning about cartoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k25G83FqiEI

Both of these were great, thanks for sharing.

I would share pictures from my work but I think the last thing I took a picture of was a woman's foot twisted sideways from a few years back, it's not exactly entertaining, informative, or instructional.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

That sauce is at McDonald's again starting today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Funkmaster General posted:

That sauce is at McDonald's again starting today.

Jesus Christ, people still want this poo poo?