Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
That metalocolypse bumper there was mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh, gently caress you, [as].

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Man, the back half of this season has been pure bangers.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wow, Rick, full narc. Bad form.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oh my god

the onlyfans for planets

:lmao:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Young, Dumb, and Orbiting a Sun

The planet dating app was a good capper.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
what in the disney channel gently caress was that about

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

hughesta posted:

what in the disney channel gently caress was that about

it was more of a Discovery Channel gently caress

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

MJeff posted:

Wow, Rick, full narc. Bad form.
I mean, it was telegraphed by him promising *not* to narc. Which just makes it more hilarious.
Rick is such a hypocrite, it wraps from making me angry to being hilarious.

That ending stinger was gold. Summer has been on fire basically this entire season.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Excelzior posted:

it was more of a Discovery Channel gently caress

you and me baby aint nothing but planets so lets do it like they do on the galactic channel

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm still mad about that Metalocalypse swipe.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

I'm still mad about that Metalocalypse swipe.

I wasn't paying attention during the commercials. What did it say?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

PostNouveau posted:

They did a bumper talking about the Snyder Cut coming to HBO Max, with the text "It proves that if you bug a company long enough, you WILL get what you want..."

Then it cut to a picture of Nathan, with the text "...mostly."

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Ohtsam posted:

That metalocolypse bumper there was mean

PostNouveau posted:

Man, the back half of this season has been pure bangers.

:emptyquote:

PostNouveau posted:

A bumper where they pointed out how the Snyder Cut of Justice League is going to be on HBO and said how bugging a company can make anything happen (almost) and flashed Nathan Explosion.
:smith:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Strobe posted:

Ah yes, the abuse victim should silently support their abuser because the victim has also shown poor judgement in the past. This is clearly the victim's fault, and not at all another way for the abuser to exert power over the victim.

Pull up, thread, Jesus Christ

That is some Dhalsim levels of reaching. Don't be a shithead.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

MJeff posted:

They did a bumper talking about the Snyder Cut coming to HBO Max, with the text "It proves that if you bug a company long enough, you WILL get what you want..."

Then it cut to a picture of Nathan, with the text "...mostly."

There was another one along these lines a few weeks ago, what the hell did Brendan Small do to them

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

shame on an IGA posted:

There was another one along these lines a few weeks ago, what the hell did Brendan Small do to them

Didn't they kiss and make up? I thought he was going to perform at some AS sponsored festival until Covid cancelled all plans forever.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So the moral of the story is always ask for a DNA test when a planet you've been casually hooking up with gets pregnant with a millions upon millions of clay babies.

Yeesh, dating both Rick and a Zeus? I don't mean to sound too judgmental or anything, but I think that planet might have terrible taste in men.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

So the moral of the story is always ask for a DNA test when a planet you've been casually hooking up with gets pregnant with a millions upon millions of clay babies.

Yeesh, dating both Rick and a Zeus? I don't mean to sound too judgmental or anything, but I think that planet might have terrible taste in men.

And then killing millions of her clay babies in a literal fit of volcanic rage after losing her slampiece.

But at least Rick and Beth bonded again. :unsmith:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

MJeff posted:

Soooo

Rick hosed a pla--

Ah, yeah, there y'go!

Haven't seen the episode and I mentally finished that as 'platypus'

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dang, anyone itching to see Rick get knocked down a peg sure got their fill this episode.

Now the whole family look like degenerate losers; as it should be.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Who voices God there? Was that Schrab?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Great episode, but the mean spirited attacks on Jerry not having a job are making the dysfunctional Smith family look worse than usual, when there's plenty of good reasons to actually hate the little weasel. And Rick and Beth's relationship is still as creepy as ever, though that's not a complaint, since that's definitely the point of their whole character dynamic.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
So far this season's been great. Only dragon and heist being subpar and those were in the front half.

I honestly expected Jerry to bumble his way into saving Rick but the kids Goliathing him with a spaceship was great too

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Zesty posted:

Who voices God there? Was that Schrab?

Sure was.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Shitenshi posted:

Great episode, but the mean spirited attacks on Jerry not having a job are making the dysfunctional Smith family look worse than usual, when there's plenty of good reasons to actually hate the little weasel. And Rick and Beth's relationship is still as creepy as ever, though that's not a complaint, since that's definitely the point of their whole character dynamic.

The other Smiths are jerks, them attacking Jerry for petty and mean spirited reasons is extremely on brand.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

shame on an IGA posted:

I read somewhere that he was supposed to be working on a set of episodes and then decided to make it in to the doomstar requiem instead but didn't bother to tell AS about any of it and then he just gave them that instead the episodes they were expecting. This hosed up AS's planned schedule immensely because now instead of a few weeks worth of content they have a single special (that can't be split up into episodes like the Futurama movies) and they were extremely pissed.

Then when they refused to give him money for more episodes he organized that whole campaign to bring it back which I guess pissed them off even more so now they're just never going to make to spite him.

I can't find where I read all this now though so it could be BS but it would explain why AS flat out refuse to make it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That was a drat fine episode.

Also I loved the car transformation which continued Rick's behind the scenes turning everything in their lives into a vehicles or a weapon.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

mycomancy posted:

Y'all are a big pile of bummers in this thread.

This is a loving science fiction cartoon for Christ's sake, just enjoy it or stop watching! Also what kind of mental defectives try to extract meaning and lessons from a 22 minute cartoon? Next you're gonna start deconstructing Tom and Jerry as a metaphor for marriage or some other garbage thing.

Stop thinking about things! Just consume! Nothing has meaning! Symbols are just shapes and colours that flash before us until we smile and laugh!

Literally everything has meaning. We wouldn't enjoy consuming media if it didn't.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Sometimes I get worried about how 61 more episodes of Rick & Morty might go but if they were just like this I will watch forever. I love this show. It manages to make you love and hate every character in the script in a single episode.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I wonder if in a season or two we'll see Rick blowing up the clayman ship.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Android Blues posted:

Stop thinking about things! Just consume! Nothing has meaning! Symbols are just shapes and colours that flash before us until we smile and laugh!

Literally everything has meaning. We wouldn't enjoy consuming media if it didn't.

Yes, I too work in extreme black and white.

My point is is that y'all are circle-jerking about motivations of cartoon characters invented by two literal crazy people and written to appeal to stoners. For gently caress's sake, if you want to obtain meaning from sci-fi, go watch Star Trek or Black Mirror or something. But plumbing the depths Rick and Morty will leave you dragging the bottom of the metaphorical creek.

LinkesAuge
Sep 7, 2011

mycomancy posted:

My point is is that y'all are circle-jerking about motivations of cartoon characters invented by two literal crazy people and written to appeal to stoners. For gently caress's sake, if you want to obtain meaning from sci-fi, go watch Star Trek or Black Mirror or something. But plumbing the depths Rick and Morty will leave you dragging the bottom of the metaphorical creek.

This show has due to its nature actually a larger range of philosophies that it tackles than either ST or BM and especially Rick represents certain philosophical principles you rarely get to explore in SciFi either. If you really think R&M is the bottom of the metaphorical creek that might say more about you than the show outside of any "you need a very high IQ to understand it" memes.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

mycomancy posted:

Your point was condescending prick poo poo

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

mycomancy posted:

so what if we enjoy "dragging the bottom of the metaphorical creek"? you don't have to read this thread, dude.
we're discussing rick and morty. in the rick and morty thread. not sorry if that bothers you.

Slightly Absurd fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 25, 2020

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Android Blues posted:

Literally everything has meaning.

its like you don't even listen to Rick

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Entertainment is created by people in charge of a whole staff of other people. Yes, those people put a lot of thought and nuance into their art. Writers rooms have lengthy discussions about it and it's not just wackadoo random nonsense they shovel out to the masses for a quick buck. People who say otherwise have no idea how the process of creating media works. People who enjoy that media interpret it, and that's not weird. It gets weird when people are lovely about it and use it in real life to hurt and demonize others, but discussing it isn't.

On-topic: I like how Summer called Rick a fuckboi and Jerry immediately mistook the slang and called him a "fuckguy" instead.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

On-topic: I like how Summer called Rick a fuckboi and Jerry immediately mistook the slang and called him a "fuckguy" instead.

That was probably my favorite joke of the episode

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Jerry understands the spirit of it

Seems a recurring thing that while Morty wants to gently caress, Summer wants to get high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Rick bragging about his hog to the entire family owns bones