Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Listening to commentary tracks, it seems the best ideas come from trying to get around the censors.

Creativity good???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Auteur Theory is dumb. Unfiltered Roiland gets you Channel 101.

So?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I eat flies.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

My favorite version of this is the guy who wrote Tremors. He was sitting on a big rock one day and thought "what if something was keeping me from getting off of here?"

The Floor Is Lava comes naturally to humans, I swear.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

still that bit of monkey brain screaming "FOREST FLOOR IS DANGER, TREES SAFE"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

still that bit of monkey brain screaming "FOREST FLOOR IS DANGER, TREES SAFE"

Right next to the bit for identifying neat sticks.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Every human child does this and I’m willing to bet most of us also do “invisible parkour friend who runs alongside the car while your parents drive you to gramma’s house”

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m willing to bet most of us also do “invisible parkour friend who runs alongside the car while your parents drive you to gramma’s house”

:psyduck: WTF. I didn't know other people did this.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Every human child does this and I’m willing to bet most of us also do “invisible parkour friend who runs alongside the car while your parents drive you to gramma’s house”

AlternateNu posted:

Same, drat

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My parkour friend was Mario

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

My wife was talking about this at the beginning of the week.

EDIT: My version was the invisible skateboarder.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 11, 2021

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Nope. Never, not even close

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

AlternateNu posted:

Holy poo poo! I had no idea I wasn't alone! :psyduck:

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Runs? No. But I do imagine someone using power cables as zip lines.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah what the hell was up with this it seems awfully common. Maybe less so these days when kids have phones to tinker with.

Mine ran along the pavement and lept over the driveway. Or maybe it was the other way around? I can't recall.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

AlternateNu posted:

Hey so late to the party but I too did this. Wow, I haven't thought of that in decades

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Mine was an invisible laser that cut things down.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Karma Comedian posted:

yep

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
theres also the habit of not stepping on sidewalk cracks

i suspect the reason is the position of the expansion joints in concrete can approximate your stride length, and it is easy to synch up your stride length to almost never touch the cracks

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Karma Comedian posted:

I would switch to this after a new episode of Dragonball Z dropped for a day or two. It’s really funny how many people just assume their imagination is an isolated event and not a shared experience between intelligent primate minds developing at approximately the same rate.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
the little man running next to you is just a product of being in a culture that (a) plays side scrolling video games, and (b) drives around in personal motor vehicles

people just come to similar conclusions when their bored and sitting in the back seat

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I was born in 85 and never had this mental game. I think it really is strongly related to being exposed to platformers when you were very young, cause I'm seeing this meme pop all over the internet yet I never heard about this before so it seems like a "young people's thing"

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 11, 2021

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m born in 88 and I honestly cannot ever remember not doing this on my way to grandma’s house.

It was a 4 hour drive. The mind reels.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I was born in 85 and never had this mental game. I think it really is strongly related to being exposed to platformers when you were very young, cause I'm seeing this meme pop all over the internet yet I never heard about this before so it seems like a "young people's thing"

I'm older than you, and I did it all the time. Most of the time, it was Sonic.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Did you not have a nintendo?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Lava did not even feature in mario until mario 3.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

ikanreed posted:

Lava did not even feature in mario until mario 3.

...what did Bowser fall into when you touched the axe?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Poisonous jello

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

...what did Bowser fall into when you touched the axe?

Fire? Looks like fire to me?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ikanreed posted:

Fire? Looks like fire to me?

I always assumed it was lava.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I couldn’t remember if you could see the lava in the castle levels or if they just looked like pits, but in either case with those fireball guys that leap up out of the pits I would’ve intuitively assumed it was lava as a kid.

Also I always pictured the Flash running beside and up ahead weaving in and out of traffic, so I doubt it would be limited to the era of platform video games.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I was born in '79 and was playing this game in '85 with zero exposure to platformers

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

'89, no console in the house but a healthy awareness of them as something that existed, never imagined people running alongside the car but WOULD move my head around to make the sticker in the windshield corner zig and zag through obstacles and/or the traffic lines on the asphalt.
They made a game about this sort of nonsense.

UncategorizedRacer
Nov 5, 2020

by Athanatos
Where all my “squint at night to make the streetlights into laser beams” people at?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

UncategorizedRacer posted:

Where all my “squint at night to make the streetlights into laser beams” people at?

:hfive: hell yeah, I loved driving at night.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Also don't step on cracks. Or only step on cracks.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Karma Comedian posted:

Flying saw blade cutting down all the trees/power poles

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

83 here. Never imagined anyone running with the car. Had no idea that was a thing. I did avoid sidewalk cracks and squint at lights though.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I imagined a laser coming out of the side mirrors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
87, my invisible mario was sometimes an invisible spider-man