Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

21 Muns posted:

Copied from a Skype chat:

I think it's critical to understand how the OG Beth/Summer/Jerry scene ties in with the ending. You know how Rick eliminated Jerry (and the government) to become the only patriarch in Morty's life? In the OG earth, we see a world without the (human) government... and without Rick. So Jerry is, in fact, the only patriarch, and he's not, in fact, ill-suited for that role. He's a horrible, loathsome, Gaston-ish person, probably, but he's not weak and pathetic in the way we're used to him being. In fact, Jerry's weak patheticness this whole time has not been an inherent facet of his character, but a result of Rick's presence undermining him and making him insecure. I'm pretty sure this is the intent and not just something I'm making up.

This is a pretty insightful post and I'd wager you're not far off the mark. I gotta go take a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

But when she killed the queen, it was dead.

Your physical heart and your sense of self are probably two distinct things even though you would die if someone took your heart out of your chest.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

galagazombie posted:

I don't get this "Jerry emotionally manipulates people" thing. Yeah he's spineless, but at what point in the show has he used this fact to make someone do something that harmed them or enriched himself?

I think the whole Taddy Mason bit with Summer would've qualified if Summer hadn't been so tired of Jerry's poo poo by that point that she immediately sees through what he's trying to do (butter her up with better memories of him in order to ask her for money) and calls him out on it.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

OmegaBR posted:

Poo was coming out and I ate it up

gross dude

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I mean, to be fair

what else are you gonna do in Corpus Christi

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Reverse-Giraffe seems like a pretty cool, down-to-earth guy.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I remember all that comedy block fondly, but Parks' highs absolutely do not top 30 Rock when it was firing on all cylinders.

Season 6-7 of Parks does hold up better on rewatch than Community season 4, but that's not really saying much.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I'd like to imagine on the day of series negotiations Roiland slashed Dan Harmon's tires and went to the meeting in his place, then countered every offer from Adult Swim with "GIVE ME A HUNDRED EPISODES".

This went on for hours until they finally talked him down to 70.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

If you know of any activity or action that has a name with some sort of nationality or ethnicity in front of it, it's definitely racist. You should stop calling it that and find out a non racist name, or just don't say it anymore.

"Sit indian-style" is a pretty benign way to tell a group of kids to sit cross-legged, but I get your point.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Arist posted:

how the gently caress did SU get knocked out in the first round

Because all the steven universe fans voted for its opponent?

Seems like a flaw in this design. :thunk:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Rick and Morty is a great show that is too popular and intelligent for its wide fan-base. But who cares if half the jokes sail over many fan's heads: show's still good. I applaud the production team, thus far, on avoiding the temptation to fan service and how they are still creating interesting content. It would have been easy to crank out two seasons of Mr. Meeseeks already and cash in while running the show into the ground, but here we are with a seven-season contract and plenty of opportunity to ruin things over the next decade.
:woop:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

If Rick is the penultimate scientist, then who is the actual last scientist?

This Rick here? Super weird.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

The catchphrase montage was cute, if only for “Kiss, kiss KISS MY BUTT! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

This is the second time I've seen an adult swim show try to parody anime and kind of fail at it.

Ballmasterz pulled it off pretty consistently, I felt.

vvvvv Having watched the show, it shares way more DNA with something like Excel Saga than it does with this last episode of Rick and Morty.

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 3, 2021