Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Fancy Hat! posted:

Honestly the least believable part of this episode was establishing that cannibalism is somewhere Rick isnt willing to go to. (Atleast not to simply prove a point to Morty)

Honestly I took that to be more that it was badly cooked because of the camp conditions rather than Rick refusing to eat man flesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Macaroni cheese and chips (fries) put in a sandwich is a thing of pure joy. Well, technically pure carbs, but close enough. You do have to toast the bread though or it will fall apart.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Isn't a manwich technically a warlock?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah Season 6 and 7 were dire, but Scrubs really stuck the landing in the last season.

I'm pretending the medical school season doesn't exist.

I maintain that the medical school season could have worked if they had goddamn committed to the "heres the new cast, the shows about them now". But they didnt, instead it was "heres some new characters, most of whom roughly match the same archetypes of the old characters. But wait! Here are the old characters the audience have spent 8 seasons watching!". Why should the audience care about new!turk when actual turk turns up all the time? its been a while, but I think I originally heard it as "they're handing over to a new cast, and the old cast will be in a few episodes to sort of scaffold the transition". That sounds fine to me. Then it turned out that the old cast were in a few episodes EACH, so in pretty much every episode the new cast were overshadowed by an old cast member.

And yeah, by and large JD was the worst, but at least the show sometimes acknowledged that (for example when its pointed out that he messes Elliot around because he only wants her when shes in a relationship with someone else, he denys that, breaks up her new relationship then IMMEDIATELY realises he doesnt want her any more). I mean, it also often didnt acknowledge it, which is less ideal.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

scary ghost dog posted:

i think the “unprecedented situation” is probably cartoon network trying to negotiate for five more seasons or something outrageous like that. it fits their insane pattern and its about the only thing i can imagine dan harmon calling unprecedented

Honestly for Dan Harmon everything proceding in a sensible direction at a steady pace with all sides acting like grown-ups who came to do business would qualify as "unprecedented".

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL if you think anything will happen to Dan Harmon or Justin “my entire body of work is suspicious” Rolland after they just signed a mega-millions contract with the 2nd biggest media conglomerate in the country.

Unlike James Gunn who was basically just making self financed indy movies?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Caros posted:

Well, the one difference would be that you can make a guardians film without Gunn, even if it might not be as good. No way you make more successful Rick and Morty without Dan.

I'd agree, and if that had been the arguement I wouldnt have replied. I'm just pointing out that "They wouldnt get rid of him, they're the second largest media conglomerate!" is catagorically and objectively dumb as poo poo considering.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

emgeejay posted:

Double Cheeseburger?

I barely know er?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Mantis42 posted:

It's funny that Harmon is freaking out this much about a 70 episode order when you think of how long other animated programs have been on the air. Imagine Trey and Parker doing this previous episode, lol

Wasnt that "Simpsons did it" episode just their version of this?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

jokes posted:

Oh yeah, the good parts of the wall stuff wasn’t because Roiland had a lightbulb moment and stayed up all night writing a screen playz Not to draw a parallel between Justin Roiland and Galileo because lol, but the apocryphal apple story is stupid as poo poo compared to the resultant theory and proofing of gravity. It’s more impressive taking the dumb innocuous thing and weaving an arguably very impressive thing out of that spark.

Newton, not Galileo*. Your general point stands, stories of sudden "ah ha!" moments (or Eureka moments if you will) where an entire idea arrives fully formed, complete and correct are a) almost always bullshit, and b) actively harmful as they encourage a mindset of "this is a thing you understand and can do, or it is not.". This hides the fact that countless hours of work and getting stuff wrong go into eventually getting it right in the end, which means that people try once, dont immediately understand it, and throw up their hands and say "I just cant do this!", whether that thing is writing, or art, or physics or whatever.

*The Galileo gravity story I know is him dropping a wooden cannonball and a lead cannonball the same size off the leaning tower of pisa to show they hit the ground at the same time. This is probably also complete horseshit, but at least shows the idea of testing a hypothesis by actually doing something instead of just proclaiming from nowhere that something is now understood.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Aces High posted:

They're going the Doctor Parnassus route? I mean, why not

I think it just means that each of the voices Roiland did is now going to have its own voice actor, rather than rick specifically is going to be several actors. At least thats my read on

emanresu tnuocca posted:

at the very least Rick and Morty are no longer going to be performed by the same guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

MikusR posted:

But soundalikes are alright?

As those are voice actors, yes?