Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

jerry isn't going to kill himself but rick is going to get summer killed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

As the super scientist on the super hero team Rick is probably the creator of Worldender.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

there is nothing unintelligent about violence

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the best part about the air vent scene was that it extended past the point of comfort or humor just before the crockbot blew up the corps, saving everyone from having to endure any more of the loving legs flying around smearing blood on poo poo.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

rick and morty isn't about making you feel good.

In fact, rick and morty is largely about the opposite.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

thought it was a drat good bit better than rickmancing the stone

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

"I think Rick, the guy who is terrified of banality and the mundane didn't come up with wild or crazy enough saw trials and this is probably the fault of the female writers who clearly get the character better than I do but I hate because I find women threatening."

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 14, 2017

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

scour the planet of human life please we don't deserve anything

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

thanks alot assbag posted:

How about I just check in after every episode to remind everyone that my opinion is exactly the same

why are you still watching a show that, for the reason you have expressed, i can only assume you have never liked since the very first episode?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

empty whippet box posted:

it just occurred to me that Million Ants is a queen ant, presenting as a male....ant..pile...thing.

it seemed to me like he characterized himself and his queen as separate entities.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

empty whippet box posted:

But when she killed the queen, it was dead.

I'm not saying that they weren't one and the same, I'm saying that Million-Ants seemed to characterize itself as a separate entity.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

noop noop or whatever his name was

same general size and weight as morty. laughs at ricks jokes, cleans up ricks poo poo.

it's no wonder rick liked the guy so much, he's basically exactly what rick wants morty to be

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

rick is kind of poison to everyone around him

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

thanks alot assbag posted:

Because there are lots of reasons why I love this show that I didn't express in the few posts I've made in this thread.

This episode was fun. Had similar thoughts that it could go the route of King Jellybean, but that's been done. What's interesting is that back then Rick was willing to kill king jellybean over what he did to morty, but now can't even express that he values morty. Has Rick ever even said anything positive to Morty and definitely meant it? Can't even think of examples!

Honestly, the Jellybean thing feels like an outlier at this point. Rick is just a nasty nasty person.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

Much in the way Giger's work was fractal cyber penises and vaginas and boobs all the way down, Roiland's stuff is all wrinkly balls and penis trees.

you forgot the poo poo eating

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i mean, i know they blew up a whole planet when they didn't take rick, but on the other hand they only lost three team members that time, while their second outing with rick resulted in the complete loss of the team

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the only member of the vindicators that is both alive and not evil now

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

well unless we are counting rick and morty as still being members

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

so did rick create the immortality field? and if so, did he do it to win a bet, or prove a point?

Seems like a solid way to prove that whole "no god, no afterlife" thing

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

maskenfreiheit posted:

how exactly does it accomplish that?

that kid killing their sibling was pretty hilarious though

people die and immediately come back to life without, apparently, anything to say about anything they might have experienced while dead

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Rickle Dick!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it turns out that Rick was right about the citadel and not for stupid petty reasons. the place is just a super rigidly class stratified poo poo hole

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

That was flat out superior to either Interdimensional cable episode.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the continuity of our rick knowing exactly about all of this beths poo poo down to the very last detail is loving with my head so i'm done thinking about it

lmao at rick just making all that poo poo for her when asked

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 25, 2017

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

religion exists independent of science and logic, so no.

you are talking to a gbs alt-right poster troll guy

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

rick has infinite beths who he simultaneously does and doesn't care about in a mixture that's kind of a mess

a clone isn't really any different. Just another beth that he does and doesn't love.

i'm betting she's a clone myself, but there really isn't anyway to know, and there doesn't need to be a distinction anyway.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

nothing about the weirdo jumping on the counter and naruto running away looks the least bit genuine. it is totally a bit he did for the sake of his friend(s) who are recording the video.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

massive spider posted:

It's clearly ironic but we must recall the fabled lesson of permabanned poster niggerstomper58

dude is apparently some alt-right turd too

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

he's always just felt like an edge lord to me. more like am immature edge master i guess.

if either of them is damaged i'd peg it being harmon

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I'm glad that this mostly good cartoon will be returning, and hope it continues to explore its deeply flawed but ultimately sympathetic main character.

Yeah. Jerry is great.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Jerry is a loser but he's the best, most genuine, and well written character on the show deal with it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

that was the single worst episode of rick and morty in existence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Rick has all of the power of god. he could make the world a better place, make existence better for every living being.

Rick, as he exists, cannot be a good person. Get over it or stop watching.