Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Rick and Morty was recently referenced on the TV show Mom, where the main character talks to a teenage character that was adopted by one of her friends about how much she likes the show (complete with "Wub-a-lub-a-dub-dub!" shouts).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Covok posted:

Edit: On topic, anyone found it weird how Beth said Jerry was going to be leaving. Sounded strangely cryptic. Might just be me.

Pretty sure that Jerry is just going to end up living with Doofus Rick on poo poo-eating world.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Anybody else playing Pocket Morty on their phone?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

I missed the Pokemon boat by being an old, are there any references/carryovers gameplay-wise that I should know or is it just a grind-and-collect game?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

parallelodad posted:

I thought he was married to the girl from Harmonquest

Yeah, that relationship was going to last.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Yeah, but what about the couples counseling episode?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
So wait, when are the next episodes supposed to air?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Man, the comics are getting really dark.

Doofus Jerry was pretty loving monstrous.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

bull3964 posted:

Got a Rift or Vive? The Rick and Morty VR game comes out today.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/04/20/rick-and-morty-vr-virtual-rickality/

Of course the video is about grabbing a plumbus and using it to destroy stuff in the garage.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
What hosed up God bit?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Domestic Amuse posted:

A couple of thoughts:

1) Whatever happened to the Cronenberg Rick and Morty who arrived in Morty's original dimension?

They were in the first episode where we saw the Council of Ricks, and I'm pretty sure that Hunger Games Family ate them when they returned to the Cronenburged world.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
So when is the show coming back?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Regalingualius posted:

On the other hand, the end of the Unity episode.

Also, the one where Morty is walking around in a daze after escaping the Cronenberg world with Rick, having just buried the version of himself that used to live in that world.

Also, the one where Morty tells Summer about it.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Delzuma posted:

We made shirts for Drinking around the world at Epcot today. Four adults (ricks) and one teenager (morty).

Those are :ocelot: where is your lovely cafepress store?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
https://twitter.com/EraserNubs/status/865651174493405184/photo/1

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Welp, its Summer.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

prefect posted:

You know what McDonald's needs to bring back full-time? Shamrock shakes.

Something that's the same color going out as it is going in, eh?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Bust Rodd posted:

I think it bears mentioning that this seems silly but I'm pretty sure that Rick & Morty is a breakout cult hit that has likely superceded any other Adult Swim content. Metalocalypse, Mission Hill, The Oblongs, Moral Orel... none of them ever came anywhere near this level of commercial recognition and success. While I think the burgeoning social media culture has a lot to do with it, even Aqua Teen Hunger Force (which ran for a staggering 14 years and got a Major Motion Picture Theatrical Release) didn't get this big or ingrained in the Millennial zeitgeist.

Rick & Morty may not have gangbusters merchandising properties, but in 2017 million of people talking about a show online is like making money, and McDonald's entire business model is "making easy money off of fat people and pot-heads" the venn diagram of which I assume is a perfect circle with Rick & Morty viewers.

I honestly would love too take a peek into the mystical voodoo event horizon that is Dan Harmon's obvious and pitiable self-loathing when he reflects that he has created a house hold intellectual property that brings millions of people laughter and joy and has probably already made him more money than the rest of his career put together, and he is still like a giant petulant, alcoholic crybaby.

I obviously don't have the numbers in front of me, I doubt they are readily available, but I'd be utterly blown away if someone could show me evidence that R&M isn't the biggest hit of Adult Swim (or anything else on Cartoon Network besides its syndicated juggernaut line-up)

Other shows make reference to it.

That fuckin' TV show Mom had an episode where one of the characters was running around wearing a Rick & Morty T-shirt saying "Wub a lub a dub dub!".

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

evidently Seeso is going under.

Good.

rydiafan posted:

You're sarcastically asking why people don't buy something that doesn't exist?

https://www.amazon.com/San-Sauce-Szechuan-10-Ounce/dp/B00HMUUCMW

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

What is that from?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Summer is going to grow up to be Dead Wife on American Gods.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Rick did say this season was going to dark places.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

The Human Crouton posted:

Can someone seriously explain to me why some people know so much about Dan Harmon and the inner workings of his brain? I mean, even if he puts that information out there, why are you consuming it with such fervor and using it to build a framework through which you view and enjoy media.

I'll accept that you suck as an answer.

Because goons have no concept of personal boundaries.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Zaphod42 posted:

Nah bro more women writers is how you avoid episodes like Raising Gazorpazorp :doh:

I don't know, that episode did a pretty good job of mocking everything on all sides of all discussions on those topics.

"Go back to your home world where women are kind of sort of equal but not really"

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

eyebeem posted:

Don't calzones typically have tomato sauce?

Maybe Stromboli?

prefect posted:

They'll give you a little cup of sauce on the side, like that's going to fix anything. :rant:

Any restaurant worth eating a Calzone at will give you an honest-to-god bowl of spicy marinara to dip the Calzone in or dump all over the Calzone like an animal.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

SiKboy posted:

Macaroni cheese and chips (fries) put in a sandwich is a thing of pure joy. Well, technically pure carbs, but close enough. You do have to toast the bread though or it will fall apart.

There's a restaurant that does this as one of their weirdo meals, but I'll be damned if I can remember the name of the place.

That sandwich with a side of tomato soup.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
If Morty gets too uppity Rick will just swap him for another Morty from a timeline where he wasn't such a dick to him.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I missed this last night, is there somewhere I can watch it that isn't :files: yet? It's not on Hulu or Netflix and I'm starting to wonder why I subscribe to either one any more.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Phobeste posted:

You can buy the episodes on amazon the day after they air

Yeah, sure, it's just aggravating that the streaming service (Hulu) that usually puts episodes up 3 days after airing for other shows has not done so for this particular show.

None of Season 3 is up on Hulu yet.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

prefect posted:

"Whiny"? :confused:

Nazis are getting really upset over Dan Harmon saying Nazis need to be killed.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

ChesterJT posted:

Just couldn't help yourself could you?

Edit: Yikes didn't recognize who it was with the new avatar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKvsLLfRpLs

And I've had this avatar since February.

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Sep 12, 2017

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

ikanreed posted:

Evil Morty has no bearing on modern politicians, other than the generic rise of fascism using resentment of decaying capitalism bit.

To that end he's more analogous to Hitler than Obama or Trump

Well, other than the analogous bits between Trump and Hitler.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Robot Hobo posted:

Though I wouldn't be surprised if King Jellybean shows up again.

Rick murdered the poo poo out of King Jellybean though.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Nail Rat posted:

I don't know what exactly I expected Morpheus to sound like, but it wasn't that. Now I'll always hear his voice that way.

I don't know, Morpheus always did strike me as a mewling crybaby whenever he didn't get his way, so it fits.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I like that Summer knows about Morty's mind-blowers and isn't bothered by it.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Takoluka posted:

Beth ran off with Jerry to fix their lives. That's why his answering machine is picking up everything.

Beth ran off to murder Jerry with her new switchblade best friend. That's why his answering machine is picking up everything.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Looks like he may have the ol' ball cancer. AKA the cancer that is to other cancers what Dane Cook is to stand up comedy.

https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/918071122620379136

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

prefect posted:

Only a silly fool would get mad about the existence of chairs. You wouldn't dare do such a thing. :colbert:

Chairs are responsible for about 50% of the health issues people have because they spend too much time sitting in them.

:crossarms:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
At least it isn't Young Sheldon, which I refuse to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

CelticPredator posted:

It's not the same though. I want to try the Gross McDonald's one.

Buy regular szechuan sauce, piss in it, then eat it.

There you go!