Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

tarlibone posted:

Don't know if this has been linked previously or if you all will even be able to see it (it's blocked in some places), but Meeseeks in Japanese is something that's funny on many, many levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuVLfLeBUn8

Just watch the jelly bean scene in japanese, then it becomes pretty standard anime fare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Waltzing Along posted:

I went into Hot Topic and they have an entire display with tons of R&M merch. Isn't this supposed to be a show for adults? I'd think your average 12 year old isn't even going to understand most of what is going on. Yet it is pretty clearly, in some way, being marketed heavily towards children.

I wonder what Roiland would say about this. Probably something about how now he can buy all the Lego he wants so it is worth it.

I teach middle school and a bunch of kids watch the show.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

maskenfreiheit posted:

So you think this season had the best episode, but was the worst season? Interesting.

No, this sounds like season 3 of a Dan Harmon show.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

get that OUT of my face posted:

Here's hoping that negotiations wrap up soon, because the longer they take, the more likely something ugly and stupid is going to happen.

You do realize this is a Dan Harmon show

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Milo and POTUS posted:

Well yeah. Nothing's as good as bushworld adventures

Its the only thing close to the original Doc and Marti in spirit, and in ball licking.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Last Chance posted:

pretty sure Harmon played the fly/bug mob boss that owned the restaurant in the latest ep too

He did the flu rap.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah this wasn't really a loving mocking of a concept like good satire should be

This was just hateful and kind of unpleasant.

I guess you've forgotten that the 2nd episode of the series was just a huge Inception takedown? Which was the second time Dan Harmon did that in his shows?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I noticed Justin Roiland was barely in the Season 3 commentary so I think Dan Harmon might have just taken over and instead of a mix of their personalities we are just going to get Animated Community sucking it's own dick for the next decade.

changi'llallowit.gif

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I liked this, felt like it was the good, purestrain Harmon poo poo.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Typical posted:

Heres my fuckin goony mug on camera. This is how props work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJmbAoTN8wg

Keep on drawing those dicks man, it looks great

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ror posted:

The jeans jokes were some of my favorite in the episode, but still not enough to take the title of funniest pants-related promotional tie-in in an adult cartoon show away from Frisky Dingo and Haggar pants.

Those are some big pants.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

jokes posted:

Good show good season they need to hire a few more voice actors because Dan always sounds the exact same.

He seemed to be doing alot more characters in this back 5.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Awww, Rick was actually nice in this clip.

I'm really glad she's okay. What a scary thing to have happen.

My parents randomly brought this up to me this morning, and I was wondering how they would know about this. And it turns out it happened 2 minutes away from their apartment.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Excelzior posted:

oh come on of all the episodes, THAT one?

must've been the morty's-happy-relationship montage.

You win for an episode the show selects - each show only gets to choose 1 I believe. Even for non-animated stuff, each show submits one show for voters, just like actors/actresses choose one episode to be nominated from.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ashpanash posted:

It's also really likely that the only episode of the season / perhaps the series that any given emmy voter will watch is the one you submit. So it's best to submit the episode that not neccesarily represents your show best, but the one that will appeal the most to someone only watching one episode.

And that's ignoring the voters who will not watch anything and vote for a) the popular one b) the show that won before c) the show they were paid or told to vote for. The Emmys are not thought to be as blatantly corrupt as, say the golden globes, but it's part of the equation.

Industry awards are not the best indicator of quality, and everyone in the industry knows that, but you still feel good if you win an Emmy all the same.

J.K Simmons on Marc Maron's podcast a week or so ago said that getting an Oscar to him is not "for you" as much as other people can say "I worked with Oscar winner X" and it helps create good memories for others.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

CelticPredator posted:

The worst episode of the show was the heist one. Dan Harmon is wrong, heist movies rule and I don’t give a crap about a grown man using a cool cartoon for his annoying opinions.

what do you think the inception episode was?

episode was middling but I liked the idea of a robot going "why did I give myself genitals"

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

This reminded me alot of the story train episode; Harmon likes taking stories in circles and then upping the stakes to absurdity.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Beth and Jerry are fighting again

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

side_burned posted:

I am really glad that I have never watched community.

you missed out

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

And Tyler Too! posted:

I thought the time cops were the Langoliers reference.

big head with hosed up teeth=langoliers

yes, all of them

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

a new study bible! posted:

its the hot new social media trend that the teens love

I've known for years that the theme from Taxi slaps.

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Oct 5, 2022

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

good to see the "rick's on the wagon" theory is sead

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Zero One posted:

They recently got a new Kermit and he does sound wrong.

if you are old enough that Kermit also sounds wrong compared to Jim Henson

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Just make Jerry the main character for half a season, say nothing

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

also good to confirm the increased incest jokes/storylines are all on harmon

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

massive spider posted:

and doing whatever the opposite of a “yes, and” is.

the "no, but"

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

KORNOLOGY posted:

Free. Justin. On condition he kisses John K.

who is the real george liquor competition

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

LividLiquid posted:

But even under this limitation, he has that Patrick Warburton thing where Joe, Puddy, and Brock Sampson are all the same voice, more or less, but they're still all unique.

Don't forget Grandpa Shark

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

PhonyMcRingRing posted:

I rate this ONE meow meow bean!

he's new beans

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

muscles like this! posted:

It made sense to not throw those two to the wolves without actually having any evidence to back them up that they can do it.

The interview also mentions that they (the new guys) won't be doing the other characters that Roiland voiced.

quote:

Rick was a lot harder than I expected; everyone sounded like Macho Man Randy Savage or like a cousin of his. No one sounded exactly like Rick.

They should do that for an episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I think the voice acting for Rick and Morty is getting better after every episode.