Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Zaphod42 posted:

RICK AND MORTY VR IS OUT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsCGXcpa3Qw

VIRTUAL RICKALITY

Somehow missed this. Downloading now!!!

Aww, I have a VR headset but just a controller, not the hand sensor this requires. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

prefect posted:

Maybe that's the dimension where everybody eats poop.

I thought that one didn't have a Beth.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Funkmaster General posted:

"Rick and Morty returns in 2 weeks!"

This poo poo again? Is this commonplace? I don't usually watch shows as they air, but this was super frustrating last season. Maybe its normal and I'm just dumb.

Its common - most people are traveling and doing poo poo with their family besides watching TV.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

prefect posted:

He says "unhealthy attachments" are the problem, not all attachments. How he defines "unhealthy" is left as an exercise for the viewer.

Isn't it 'irrational attachments'?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

rydiafan posted:

Rick blatantly states that there is no God, so his makes sense on its face.

"Evil" Morty, although eponymously evil, is undeniably the Morty who most stood up to the Ricks. Not just his, but all of them. If you consider Rick to by Morty's master (and I'm sure Rick does), then the "no masters" is perfectly logical.

This is the correct answer.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Not really, at least in regards to the evil Morty part: he's literally a slave owner, there is a master and it's him. He seeks to rule over and maintain the oppressive system he's part of, not overthrow it.

Edit:

Basically, he sees a system of injustice where Mortys (Morties?) are abused by Ricks and doesn't think "Morties (Mortys?) should be freed from Ricks so they can no longer be ruled over and abused". He instead decides "I want to become a Rick so I can be the one who gets to rule over and abuse Mortipi (Mortipuses?"

Having no masters doesn't preclude you being a master yourself.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

prefect posted:

Rick seems to prefer short-term robots, as opposed to permanent labor robots.

How many of Rick's robots develop issues after being on for a while?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

ashpanash posted:

Tammy is the real threat, Evil Morty is just the miniboss.

Still waiting on Cyberbird Phoenixperson's return.

Dienes fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 15, 2017

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Dexo posted:

wait she didn't leave the room.

I like that Rick anticipated how mean they would be when they woke up and tried to get Summer out of there before it happened.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

El Jebus posted:

Might that be what one all of the yellow ones are?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Given that both the drooling and the burping has been toned way back I think y'all have gotten your wish.

I generally assume the more dribble Rick has the more irritated he is which causes him to drink more. When he's not irritated or actually trying he tends not to be dripping that green jazz.

"Good" Rick didn't drool at all once Toxic Rick was removed, didn't he?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

CelticPredator posted:

I found one 30 minutes away. But I have no idea if I'll get it. I want to hope where I'm at no one cares, but then again this show is way popular right now so I we'll see.

The only one near me is also near where the Rickmobile stopped, so I think its a safe bet that they're already out by now.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Bust Rodd posted:

And way more recently than all that they donated thousands of dollars of food to people who gave blood after the Pulse Nightclub shooting and issued a press release saying that they were there for the gay community or something.

Don’t let your stupid head get in the way of waffle fries and good chicken my dude

You're right, a few thousand dollars worth of food to blood donors in a PR stunt > millions of dollars directly going to hate groups and promotion of a 'therapy' that drives folks to suicide.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Bust Rodd posted:

Is there anything good left that doesn’t have lovely fans?

Pick something you like. Imagine it’s fan base. Do you want to be a part of that?

Liking something that idiots like doesn’t make you an idiot, because idiots tend to like things that are also cool, like burgers and kick flips and swearing past bedtime.

Everything has some lovely fans.

Not everything has an overwhelming number of lovely fans.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Cojawfee posted:

Did they ever make more of that sauce? I kind of wanted to try it.

Nope! They said they'd bring it back this winter, so it could still come out in January or February.

Either that or they are hoping everyone just quietly forgets by that time.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Bust Rodd posted:

Which Rick & Morty character would you most like to get stuck in an elevator for an uninterrupted 20 minutes and why//what would you talk about?

1) Crocubot.
2) How did he become Crocubot.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

AlternateNu posted:

Season 1 was overall better, but Season 2 had the single best episode/guest.

I was shocked and appalled that this link didn't go to the Chip episode.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

El Jebus posted:

I agree. But I’m also not asking for spicy curry levels of heat, more like a hint of chipotle or something with enough heat to notice.

They have had spicy sweet chili, habanero ranch, and sriracha mac sauce. They could have upped the heat on this one.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I dunno, this anonymous blog with really vague, bombastic, and unsubstantiated claims sure seems legit guys

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Sanford posted:

The Rick & Morty D&D comic was really bad.

Seconding this. It is Rothfuss writing product placement ads.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Morty's done worse, this is just the first time it's been on Earth.

Didn't Morty already gently caress up an Earth with mantis sex flu?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Bust Rodd posted:

Dan Harmon literally changed the logo of his own production company to reflect how sad and dejected he was after his divorce, it’s one of the pettiest things I’ve ever seen in show business.

I really enjoy their content but I absolutely do not have an ounce of respect for Dan Harmon, LoL

Considering the logo before the divorce was literally him cuddling his wife on the couch, I don't think I can blame him for changing it after the divorce. Some goons would probably even call it creepy if he hadn't changed it. I don't think the sad one is petty.

But the new season 4 one that features him with another woman in bed is totally petty.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

ashpanash posted:

All three were designed and made by his ex-wife, with whom he still remains friendly.

Then I rescind the part about it being petty. Thanks for sharing information without being a dick about it.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

:vince:

*takes deep breath*
kanye george elon

I think I found my soulmate.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I like sluts, cats, and dragons, so this episode was a slam dunk for me.

This is the third episode that brings up soul bonding now, right?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

BizarroAzrael posted:

So Summer hangs out with the girl with the "stripper titties" who Brad(?) left her for? Maybe they just grabbed a couple of character sheets and didn't think about it.

Brad was Jessica's ex-boyfriend from the football team.

Ethan left Summer for Tricia but I'm pretty sure after Morty hosed him up Ethan isn't dating either of them anymore. I could see the girls commiserating over a shared ex.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

I got a really unexpected laugh out of the one character saying "I AM THE CONCEPT OF TIME" apropos of nothing.

I took it as a response to her saying Rick developed portal technology. "Oh yeah, well I'm....."

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

It's also completely on-brand for R&M to present the Bechdel Test in a way that cynically highlights one of its biggest issues: that it doesn't require any sort of actual quality because it's a binary pass/fail system.

I took it as poking fun at the writers who claim to be/think they are these feminist icons, but end up writing the equivalent of "she breasted boobily down the stairs."

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Doltos posted:

He's named Rich Sanchez because it's a ridiculous last name for a back to the future based scientist. He's a Christian because it's ridiculous that a super scientist who can bend space is also a devout Catholic.

I don't know how much this show has to make fun of itself and its viewers before people realize that there's not a deeper meaning or canonized lore. They just showed the whole resolution to the bird person saga as a joke. Rick didn't automatically recognize the Devil because he's Christian, he did because it moved the exposition along because the whole episode was a joke about Needful Things. Blows my mind.

Um, what makes it a ridiculous name for a scientist, again?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Doltos posted:

Because scientists aren't called Sanchez in North American media. It's usually some anglo-saxon name so they changed it up for the humor aspect of it.

Seems like that's more like your own baggage than a joke on the show.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Morty's happy good life pissed off a lot of people somehow.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Dienes posted:

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Pretty sure it was all the crimes he openly committed before settling into the good life.

Dienes posted:

Cojawfee posted:

It collapsed all the realities into one. So all the bad poo poo ended up happening in that reality

Dienes posted:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

If you're talking about real-life people, it would help to be specific instead of repeating the same misleading line over and over. As for people in this thread, all I'm seeing are people upset by the ending rather than the existence of the extended happy-life sequence.

Its not a misleading line. It was sarcastically pointing out that the "good happy" life Morty had was based on him being a creep. Not really all that good.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Bust Rodd posted:

That’s a bad read.

Rick making a love potion that could accidentally mutate the human genome globally if exposed to the most commonly found virus on the planet and then giving it to his 14 year old grandson to drug a girl at school instead of, you know, not doing that, is a bigger problem. It’s not just dangerous, it’s totally careless.

Rick has ended no fewer than 5 entire civilizations by my count since the show started (Kronenburg world, battery world inside battery world, face huggers, time snakes, heist episode), he is always the bad guy.

The 14yo asking for a date rape drug might not be as bad as the quintuple Hitler but its still bad. Two things at different levels of bad can still both be bad.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I wonder if in a season or two we'll see Rick blowing up the clayman ship.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I wish Solar Opposites only had the aliens in the first episode, and the rest of the show is just following the people in The Wall.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Bust Rodd posted:

The Wall is literally a satire of the 15 or so live action Sci-Fi dramas that follow that same basic premise. They are making fun of The 100 or The Walking Dead and it’s ilk because that’s made up a hilariously overdone portion of the Sci-Fi TV scape for the last 10 years.

Yes.

and its still better than the main show.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Cojawfee posted:

They could make a whole series about the wall. The main stuff is funny and all, but the wall stuff is really interesting.

I loved the Wall and I tell myself this, but its probably only so good because its only 60-90 minutes of the season. Its tight and polished. Any more and it'd be bad.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

QuoProQuid posted:

the show doesn't present an easy solution. planetina is right that only immediate, radical action is necessary to save the earth but morty isn't wrong for being horrified by the extreme violence that his girlfriend is willing to pursue toward those ends. this dilemma, in turns, allows the show to function as a dumb but functional explanation for the dissolution of a once-passionate relationship. they like each other but have fundamentally different visions for the world.

while i think the execution leaves a little to be desired, i did appreciate the show not taking the cynical, lazy approach of saying that "love isn't real" or letting morty's heart be broken by someone else yet again. i'm glad the show let morty be an active agent, both in terms of initiating the relationship and ultimately ending it.

He was left sobbing to his mom about how much he loved his ex. I think he was broken hearted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Comrade Fakename posted:

They forgot Heart. I don't know why I find that funny, but I do.

I doubt they forgot it. Having an empathy elemental on the team would kind of ruin the capitalist exploitation idea.

Pretend they murdered heart years ago and its just the 4 without hearts left.