Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Servaetes posted:

They sounded completely crestfallen and confused:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/zngnja/aqua-teen-hunger-force-forever-is-the-end-of-an-era-111

Lazzo basically killed it for reasons unknown. He killed Cartoon Planet/Space Ghost Coast to Coast along with the other shows mentioned. Eric Andre asked him why he ended it and his response was "Space Ghost is dead to me." Dude makes some weird rear end decisions.

But he does keep Squidbillies alive, and that is a treasure that people really ought to appreciate more and more imho

Maybe he's one of those folks who feels it's vital to leave people wanting more rather then let it become the Simpsons?

Still a weird answer to Andre's question. Like that's the type of answer you give if something horribly ruined your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mantis42 posted:

I hope they cancel Rick and Morty and give all its budget to, say, that Mike Tyson Show or The Venture Bros. You know, shows that are also good but don't have screaming redditer fans.

Counterpoint, Rick and Morty doesn't star a convicted rapist

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

VanSandman posted:

Only because Justin Roiland hasn’t been convicted yet.

Fair point.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

on the other hand, mike tyson actually served time for it and arguably genuinely did pay his debt to society. like, it makes me feel gross too, but there's at least an argument to be made that Adult Swim aren't being immoral dicks by giving him a job, it's a hairy issue and not just a black-and-white "gently caress this guy forever."

Yeah. I guess I just lumped it in with Hollywood's tendency to give people chance after chance when they show no remorse or interest in changing. Tyson's a guy where he never really had a chance because of his upbringing, dude's trainer was the closest thing he ever really had to a dad.