Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Has anybody else found that the more they watch this show, the worse some of the characters get? I love watching (or even running as white noise) the streams on adultswim.com during work, but it's getting to where Jerry and Beth are more grating than they used to be in their own ways. I get that the show makes reference to Jerry being equal parts undeservedly proud and pathetic in later episodes, but him trying to be suave or one-up other characters at times isn't as fun as it used to be.

It reminds me of Scrubs which I once liked, only to later detest because of each of the characters' individual quirks getting irritating. I had the same thing happen with King of the Hill at one point.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Nov 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

prefect posted:

They announced it would be cancelled after they'd already started airing episodes with the new intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx-zJqwrLZk

I thought it was the other way around and the "Forever" season title was a joke playing off that.

Servaetes posted:

They sounded completely crestfallen and confused:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/zngnja/aqua-teen-hunger-force-forever-is-the-end-of-an-era-111

Lazzo basically killed it for reasons unknown. He killed Cartoon Planet/Space Ghost Coast to Coast along with the other shows mentioned. Eric Andre asked him why he ended it and his response was "Space Ghost is dead to me." Dude makes some weird rear end decisions.

But he does keep Squidbillies alive, and that is a treasure that people really ought to appreciate more and more imho

Was The Brak Show axed in the same way as CP/SGC2C? I remember they "announced" the cancellation in the last seconds of what turned out to be the final episode.

The series finale of ATHF was sort of depressing, so I'm glad they gave us one last swerve by releasing the actual finale (in turn, one more final, last episode) online.

Squidbillies rules but even then they've dented it with making Tammy more of a fixture. Every episode she's in involves some sort of "IF YOU DO THIS THEN I AIN'T A'STAYIN'" subplot. I think she's supposed to be Rusty's moral compass and it just misses.

I love how much Cheyenne Cinnamon is embedded in episodes which ran around the time that show never actually happened.

Slightly Absurd posted:

As much as I love SG:C2C, I can't really blame Lazzo for that one. By the time of [as], it was pretty hit or miss [though those hits are some of the best loving episodes]

Space Ghost was for the most part better when it was still trying to push the boundaries of what they could get away with on Cartoon Network. When they were free to do what they wanted, it lost a bit of its charm.

The last season or two of SGC2C has some of the most off the wall moments in the entire run . Flipmode may be my favorite [as] episode ever and Kentucky Nightmare, Justice Hole, and Knifin' Around are also really good out of that 2001 season.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 23, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I just stumbled across this most of the way through (they're apparently running it on an endless loop) and I'd rather have a full season of Bushworld Adventures than another season of Beth and Jerry Hate Each Other.

They're also running a music video with an MiB meets Rick and Morty feel to it.

(Endless loop on [as]'s streams page, that is. It replaced the Squidbillies stream.)

e- "WE GONNA DIE TODAY, MORTEEEE! But first, we gotta get sum Petrol!" :tviv:

"Me Morty got bit by a snake."

I love this. I also probably shouldn't be watching it at work.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 3, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Yeah, that's the one. They're cycling it through with other bumpers and promos in between runs of Bushworld.

YER A TOP BLOKE for finding that.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

UNCLE BARRY'S GOT DEMENCHAAAAA.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Laserface posted:

that one episode was better than all the other episodes of RnM I have been forced to watch by idiot friends.

I liked most of S1 and 2 (though I fear they'll reach a shelf life just like Scrubs did for me where all of a sudden, I can't stand any of it) but don't remember a S3 episode of R&M after the one where Susan Sarandon was the therapist. I literally had to go to Wikipedia and the only one I liked was the Vindicators one.

I won't be forgetting GET IN THE FUCKIN' CAHHH MORTY anytime soon.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 4, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

Like so many good shows before it, I pretend it was never revived.

In fact, I can't think of a single show which got better after being revived/spun off.

After MASH you say? What could go wrong? It's a licence to print money!

SGC2C really hit its peak around the time The Brak Show debuted. The 2001 episodes (Flipmode, Knifin' Around, Justice Hole, etc) were among the most insane.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Bulging eyes and teeth Rick reminds me of Heffer's "I hate bologna" character in Wacky Delly.

Caganer posted:

scrubs was all god JD is a very kind man! :mad:

i pretend the last season or 2 when they axerd half the cast didn't happen

I didn't even get to the last two seasons, I just hit a point where I hated many of the characters as I'd continue to see them on reruns on Comedy Central/WGN/Delta flights.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 5, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That's it, I want a season of Bushworld Adventures or a Michael Cusack equivalent of Brad Neely's Hangin' Scorpio Peepio Dumb Fuckin' Animated Short Skit Thing I Never Watched.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Every time I watch Bushworld Adventures it gets funnier. Lol that a lot of R&M fans’ first reaction was to rage over it.

What's pissing me off today is the BA looping stream on AS.com is gone, but there are three channels (Animation Marathon, Williams Stream, Rick and Morty channel) running R&M simultaneously. Right now, it's your choice of "Hungry for Apples?", "Bird Person's wedding where Rick goes to jail", or "Neverending multiverse split episode where Beth is determined to prove to herself she's worthwhile".

And between R&M, Archer, and Progressive, I think I'm tired of hearing Chris Parnell's voice.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Roiland is entitled to like whatever the hell he wants, but when he makes stuff on his own it's basically just a bunch of random gross poo poo and it's not actually funny

I didn't care for Bushworld Adventures but I'd take an entire season of Bushworld Adventures over whatever the gently caress that Seth Rogen thing was

Seth Rogen's "I'm a big goofy stoner masquerading as an unfunny comedian huhuhuhuh" gimmick was tired five years ago.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 10, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Australian Rick reminds me of the drunk bastard who woke me up this morning yelling at my neighbour

There are lots of Australian Ricks in Australia

The earring in his left ear makes me wonder if that's a grungy Australian Rick thing.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

https://youtu.be/1wV6_GiMR8s

Anyway now that is enough from me about Australia.

KILL THOSE FUCKIN' DUMB oval office YABBIES!

gently caress YOU YA GAY FUCKIN' CANT YABBY!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Some of Rick's less-than-expected responses are underappreciated in this.

"Welcome to the ancient bush cave of Uncle Barry. Gullahkalakalakalaka."
"Oh yeah?"

"CHAALEENE, BRING THESE RIPPER LEGENDS SOME STUBBIES AND A PACK OF MENTHOLS!"
"Siiiiick."

...get me every time.

Even if this weren't a regular thing, I'd watch the hell out of this if they rolled one out every few months.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

GET A PADDLE POP MORTYYYYYYYYYY

I came here to ask what he said there and I get it now.

What's with the skinless pink guy in the intro, though? Just a random "What the hell?" thing?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Literally Kermit posted:

Really the whole first half makes it ambiguous if Rick really has magic science powers or if he is just a crazy homicidal maniac (instead of the usual both). Up until they visit “Dougie” it points solidly to him just being crazy, like going to the “Bush dimension”

Then the goblins show up and you know everything is going to be ok

I took the "Bush dimension" thing to mean Aussie Morty is REALLY naive and bought it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Does the 100 episode milestone have something to do with the show potentially going into syndication? Isn't/wasn't that the point at which shows can be syndicated? I seem to remember ATHF making a joke about that.

Also, how has nobody pointed out the cat meowing sounds in the theme song and at the end of Bushworld?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

South Park was fun when it was repeatedly "kids are smarter than the adults" and "Cartman leads a quest to make $10M from a mega-church/tooth fairy crime syndicate/Christian band" and not "Cartman hates all the Jews and has a girlfriend now who he hates and wants to murder" or "the town is dying to be super progressive and two kids get railroaded into being a gay couple even though they weren't before for some reason".

Back on track, I can't remember the last thing I consistently found as funny after the first viewing as I do Bushworld Adventures but I'm watching it for the 500th time right now and it's still :allears:. "AWKWARD TURTLE?"

Mister Kingdom posted:

I can't imagine R&M being shown anywhere other than Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, or maybe SyFy. I just don't see it popping on a local channel anywhere.

Doubtful and I agree, but South Park was on WGN of all places briefly in syndication. They repackaged it as "South Park NOW!" for some reason.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

People were saying that when I was at the University of Connecticut in 2006, so I’m gonna go with no.

Get the games when they’re on sale (I think the new one still comes with Stick of Truth bundled in). They’re 100 percent kids dicking around and getting in over their heads plots and they’re hilarious. Basically the second and third South Park movies.

Stick of Truth was a blast. I started Fractured But Whole lately and the early going felt like recent-years-way-too-involved South Park, but once you get to the playable version of Lil' Crime Stoppers, it gets fun.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Am I the only one who's not enjoying this show as much as they used to? The only one I really liked was last week's (which I just got around to watching last night).

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I think people are just excited to have new episodes, but yeah this joins the heist episode crawling straight up it's own rear end.

All we need is a Dan Harmon self insert sucking it's own dick, It's meta on multiple levels you see because :words:

Rock bottom will be when they cut to modern day LA in an episode.

Am I alone in thinking this show has crawled up its own rear end in the last two seasons? I loved 1 and 2, but 3 and 4 have felt like misses for the most part; it reminds me of Archer where I just threw in the towel around the time they had the dreamscape (or whatever it was) season.

The only thing I liked about this was the feminist story which seemed like it was written by one of Keaton Patti's bot-that's-not-actually-a-bot Tweets.

E- Ok, and the post-credits Story Train commercial.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 7, 2020

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The last three episodes have been better, but the show still feels like it's trying too hard.

So Summer's on drugs now?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I kind of feel like that episode could have been finished in about 10 minutes, but it was still the best I've seen in a long time out of a show that felt like it was getting too far up its own rear end at times. Good return to the fun chaos of the early years.

And that post-credits sequence. :aaaaa:

E- next week looks fantastic.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Just catching up on episode 3 and I'm glad this show has returned to its old format.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Arbite posted:

The crew seems in a state of shock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uXCdxoltVI

Allegedly it started with the visual of them fighting sperm and working backwards from there.

Well, now I found out what Santa Claus does the other 364 days: he's Dan Harmon and he writes about masturbation.

I just saw the episode and am not reading through 8 pages of discussion over this crap. I can't remember much of S3 or really anything about S4 because it felt like the show was far up its own rear end in that stretch, but that was a...thing? Why was Sticky pink? And is CHUD in the episode meant to have the same meaning as "Chud" in the "Republican with bad opinions" sense?

Wh...why are Rick and Morty in Space Jam 2: Bron Boogaloo?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Just started (fake edit- holy gently caress, I'm only 11 minutes in; this feels like it's almost over) Rick & Morty's Thanksgiving Meta Overthought Sci-Fi Hullabaloo featuring Dan Harmon on Drugs and:

LegionAreI posted:

What in the gently caress am I watching

Did a 7 year old write this poo poo?

Recognized Timothy Olyphant's voice right away and Raylan Givens guest-starring was a nice touch.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Still playing from behind. The Gotron episode started great and lost me about halfway through before Incest Baby saved the day figuratively and literally. The anime characters would've been funnier if their lip sync was off as is often the case with dubs.

The stinger was good stuff, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Why do we keep getting all these random anime/Japan-meets-Rick-and-Morty fanfic specials on [as] but can't get one more episode of Bushworld Adventures?