Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

On the other hand, the end of the Unity episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Especially when they've already established that multiverse theory is absolutely a thing.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

doingitwrong posted:

Tell that to the system that convicted Tommy’s dad.

Well, of course there wasn't any body, he ate it all!

Really, though, I think that they could've done a much darker gag: Tommy's dad was suspected for more child cannibalism, but only ever convicted for his son's "death", he still gets freed via the Tommy clone... and then the post-credits scene shows how right those suspicions were.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I'm getting a strong impression that S4 is somehow going to be even more blatant about "Rick is a lovely person! Why the gently caress would you ever want to be like him?!", if it's even possible... And his die-hard fans will still miss the entire drat point.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

TIGGER WARNING: POLYGON CLEEEEECK AT YOUR OWN RISK

https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/26/16810942/rick-and-morty-toxicity-fandom-season-3

Rick and Morty’s toxicity is our unescapable story of 2017

lol this handwringing and even LoLer that someone got paid for this dumpster fire of a word salad

Struck a nerve? :hmbol:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, even an overall crappy season can have some great moments to it (and vice versa, obviously). Like Korra S2: overall considered the weakest point of the series/franchise, yet it still managed to have the fantastic Spirit World and Wan sequences.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Even though I overall liked S3 as much as the first two, I thought the finale episode was the weakest of them, even if it did end with Rick getting some comeuppance for once.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

That, or they're trying to figure out the most scathing way to have Rick go on a monologue telling the worst fans to go gently caress themselves at the end of the season premier.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Remember that time Piers Morgan kept spamming a cartoon about him eating poo poo out of Trump’s rear end?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

It's time to crunch the numbers.

If you don't think that's comedy gold I don't know what to tell you. :shrug:

More of that, less... Showing Rick making GBS threads himself in extremely graphic detail.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

sean10mm posted:

Goddamn I feel stupid for missing that :stare:

It was all I was thinking of as soon as I heard that it was the wasp reality. Especially after the previous fascist realities.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Which side of the war would Crocubot have fought on?

Highest bidder.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

There are FunkoPops for, and I’m not exaggerating, every ip

I don’t see one for JoJo’s on their site.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, the Elon cameo really kind of ripped me out of the experience as soon as I realized that it was actually him.

Of course, it helps that his truck’s debut this week was a total fuckup.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Really though, they seriously soft-balled on Elon in what was otherwise a pretty drat scathing episode. Just a lame bit of ribbing him.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Also, reminder that Tesla attempted to SWAT a whistleblower.

https://twitter.com/PlainSite/status/1197592445812232192?s=20

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, pretty much all of the other celebrity cameos so far weren’t quite so blatant about it, right? Like, I initially couldn’t tell it was John Oliver in S1, had a sneaking suspicion it was Colbert in S2, and so on, while they didn’t even try to mask Musk.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Can we all agree that his name even sounds like a Bond villain’s?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I’d kind of like it if they made a running gag with every updated release for Greedo to have increasingly improbable bad aim. Like, missing despite having the blaster literally poking Han in the eye bad.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Considering the stinger for this episode outright invokes "a storm is coming", I get the feeling that the finale is going to be either Morty finally making a stand for himself against Rick (at the worst possible time, of course), or one of the loose ends from earlier seasons (Evil Morty or Tammy and Phoenixperson, just off the top of my head).

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, even after the last few episodes demonstrated exactly how pathetic Walter White had become after getting stripped of everything he’d worked towards over the rest of Breaking Bad, he still got to go out with a bang without ever really having to confront any of the farther reaching consequences of his actions that didn’t affect people in his immediate circle of family and friends.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Okay, revised prediction of the season finale: Morty finally manages to unambiguously outsmart Rick on something significant precisely because Rick’s extreme cynicism caused him to overlook or dismiss Morty’s idea, and his own “solution” is either ineffective or makes the problem a thousand times worse.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, gross-out humor is one of the overall weakest kinds IMO, and pretty much all of the back half of this episode relied entirely on it. It’s the only one so far that’s been a pretty solid dud in my book.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, Jerry finally growing a nanometer of a spine at the worst time wouldn’t be all that surprising for him.

Kinda surprised that the stinger didn’t feature a quick few seconds of the family watching a news report about his antics killing everyone on board and quite a few people on the ground, and everyone else (including Rick) has no idea why he’s taking it so hard.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Worst case, I could see them divvying future episodes into two halves to meet the order... though that potentially just magnifies the creative output tapout.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

RCarr posted:

Man-Pear-Big?

Mister Peanutbutter

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Hey, at least they refrained from graphically showing Rick making GBS threads himself this time!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Honestly surprised that they haven’t gone back to Jerry’s parents in all this time, come to think of it. Like, it becomes a running gag that every time they reappear, they’re publicly into kinkier and kinkier stuff.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Plot twist: they’re both clones, and Rick forgot what he did with the real Beth because he got more royally shitfaced than usual after he started the cloning process.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Poisonous jello

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

The Panther was imaging you?

Very philosophical

No, the car was imagining the panther imagining the car

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1394418070559526912?s=21

:cripes: goddammit

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

smoobles posted:

I wonder if the show will get canceled. An employment contract would have "charged with a felony" as cause for termination so I figure a show deal would be similar

There's no way the higher-ups didn't know that they had this hanging over their heads the past couple years.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, real talk: putting aside the money, what’s stopping CN from seeing all of this negative PR come out and deciding to invoke whatever morality clause they doubtlessly wrote into the contract to back out of the 70 episode order and shitcanning the show?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Bet they pull the same stunt South Park did with Chef, but it’s just the length of the episode intro

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

I just get the awful impression that if they drop the plates with R&M that Zaslav will turn his beedy little eyes [AS]'s way.

I mean, odds are good that he’s already got something in the works to piss away millions to save pennies yet again

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

I stopped watching when they had musk on the show, the writing was on the wall right there.

Yeah, I managed to get through the rest of that season, but that one cameo was essentially the catalyst for me realizing that R&M just wasn’t landing the same as it did when I first started.

It’s like Elon has the Midas Touch, but everything he touches turns to poo poo instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I figure that AS/Turner already had their bases covered and knew how to sever him without giving him any ammo for a wrongful termination suit, especially after seeing the whole shitshow with Vic the anime VA and Funimation play out