Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

counterfeitsaint posted:

I hope we still see Jerry some. I like him, mostly I think because Parnell's voice is now burned into my head as the quintessential loser thanks to R&M and Archer.

At least in Archer, his character has a penis so huge that he had to look into getting it ensmalled, and he was an inexplicably proficient sex addict who got so much trim on the side that Lana found his cheating more loathsome than Archer's. I don't feel too bad about him being the Archer butt monkey because he got laid. Like, a lot. Jerry? Not quite so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Speaking of the S3 premiere... I am sure someone else has previously mentioned this, but I love how you can tell who the real Rick is by watching for the blob of goo beneath his mouth. Even Insect Creature Rick has this, and you can see it appear every time he transfers his mind to a new host.

Except... well, it disappears right after the game of Rick, Scissors, Laser takes place. Odd.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Someone did a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leCVVw6iD84

Not too shabby.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

And manwiches are delicious, but they're not chili. :colbert:

Manwiches are neither delicious nor chili. They are a meal.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

SiKboy posted:

Isn't a manwich technically a warlock?

Oh no. Trust me on this, I got into paganism in the late 90s when it was cool because Internet. They hate it when people say that. The bit about manwitches being warlocks, that is. They don't hate it when you say that paganism was all the rage in the late 90s. Or maybe they do; it hasn't come up. But the warlock thing sure did. They hate it. Apparently it means "oath-breaker" or something, but I really think they just didn't like being associated with the movies, which were kind-of dumb.

I like how the Harry Potter world took care of this: wizards and witches. Easy. Except for the whole gender magic identity issue, but hey, the wizarding world still has slavery, so the odds on that coming up are slim.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

OmegaBR posted:

I have this theory that Jerry has actually committed suicide several times, but each time Rick brings another unwitting Jerry from another dimension in to keep the family dynamic stable (for his own convenience if nothing else.)

You're basing this on what, though? Rick's oft-demonstrated concern for the family unit? His understated but very real respect for Jerry? His understated but very real respect for anyone's life besides his own? The fact that he covers his tracks so well (in regards to hiding things from the family)?

I don't know. It's an interesting theory, but in my opinion, it's conflicts with Rick's personality too much. I mean, yeah, Rick's not a one-dimensional character incapable of complexities and inconsistency here and there, but his sudden care for Jerry's (of all meaningless people's) death (of all meaningless concepts) at his own hand (of all meaningless details) seems conspicuous to me. It's like a guy who eats nothing but flavorless Soylent every day and who you've never seen eating any regular food (and who constantly shouts about how he's above such things) suddenly displaying a connoisseur-level appreciation for specific types of Skittles.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Hi, I'm Mr. Neversleepagainever! Look at me!!

I've been enjoying the hell out of the season so far. The fact that the final trap was so sloppy that Morty sufficed as the correct answer made me laugh once I realized that Morty wasn't, in fact, the correct answer.

Someone mentioned that Rick couldn't have blacked out because he remembered where his portal gun was. Well, for anyone who has blacked out, it's not uncommon to remember brief flashes of stuff, especially if you reach for your car keys and then remember the hi-loving-larious thing you did with them last night that put them out-of-reach.

Morty just knowing the answer was Israel because "it's just something he starts talking about when he gets drunk" really made me laugh, because I have (had, God rest his soul) at least one relative who similarly would start talking about a very specific world problem once he reached a certain stage of drunkenness.

tarlibone fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 16, 2017

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

Except for, you know, the fact that we had the creator of the show wishing he left in a line about Rick knowing Noon Noob's weight.

And the fact that you can remember where you set your keys down, or maybe one or two other flashes of real events, that occurred during a blackout. I speak from experience here.

And while Sober Rick (Hey Morrrrr-tyyyyy! I'm Sober Rick, Morty! I'm Sober Rick! I turned myself into a 12th step! I turned myself into a 12th step, I'm Sober Rick!) may have kind-of hated the Vindicators, I didn't get the impression that he was willing to just kill a bunch of them, especially in front of Morty, who idolized them. Had he remembered all of that stuff, he might not have let the first couple of Vindicators die. (He didn't have any control over the deaths of Million Ants or Train Dude.)

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

Welcome to your reckoning BABAAAAAAAAY

You're, you know, The Notorious ZSB...

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Argas posted:

Why did Beth say Dr. Wong's name was racist anyway?

Well...

DarklyDreaming posted:

Because her authority had just been successfully challenged (Possibly for the first time since she met Jerry) and could not think of any other way to put down the person who did it.

... partially. My theory: "Wong" is a stereotypical Asian surname. If you're going to make a joke name about an Asian, Irishman, or Pole, then you're probably going to use the names Wong, McGillicuddy, or _____ski. Example: "In the Chinese phone book, there are 100 pages of Wongs. That's a lot of Wong numbers!!"

The doctor was named Wong, so Beth, in a huff because of what Darkly Dreaming said and not quick enough on her feet to fully think through her clap back, she decided that since Wong was a stereotypical name, it must be racist to use it... even though she is Asian and it is plausible that her name is Wong for non-racist reasons.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What's the over-under on Super Nova having secretly murdered them because they weren't okay with blowing up a planet to stop a shape shifter?

Personally, I think it's more likely that they were killed by Doomnomitron during the mission. The deaths of fellow Vindicators quite easily drives Supernova to scorched-earth-level homicidal rage, as we see in the episode. She's more than happy to kill Rick and Morty because of the deaths of Maximus and Crocubot (and possibly Alan and maybe even Million, which she unfairly blames on R & M).

Of course, once she's decided to kill someone (or someones), she's capable of killing even her own lover to make sure it stays a secret, so it is more than a little likely that Supernova killed them to keep her decision to exterminate the planet a secret.

Hell, it almost looks like the odds are 50/50.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Google "wubba lubba dub dub."

You're welcome.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
So nobody's going to google "wubba lubba dub dub?"

A drink needs me.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I did it

I hope you are loving happy

Well, I'm not going to get blackout drunk, talk about Israel, and kill a few people, if that's what you mean.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Was anyone else surprised that when the little people were let out of the Morphizer (or whatever it was called), that it didn't stop working altogether? I mean, was anyone else thinking when they ran out that while the user selects settings on the machine, it's those little guys who do 100% of the actual work from inside the machine, so that someone would have to go inside and figure out how to make it work again?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

MariusLecter posted:

Liver should be lower tho?

withak posted:

That isn't where the liver is.

I got the impression that it's not really like an x-ray or anything super-accurate and to real-time scale. It's more like a block diagram or schematic, eschewing location, size, and shape accuracy in favor of emphasizing function.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Steve2911 posted:

I wonder what Mr PB looks like inside out.

OK, I know I'm supposed to link to goatse.cx at this point, but can I just not do that and we all act like someone actually did? Except for probating. I don't know if linking it would be probatable, and I don't wanna get probated. But I feel like we have to acknowledge the proper response to this post, and hopefully, I've done that without actually doing the... you know. The butthole rickroll.

As for the vagina joke, I didn't see it as transphobic. When Jerry mentioned it, I saw it for what it was: he was pointing out that people have, at one point or another, wondered about all kinds of things that don't seem to make any sense. A non-trans guy wondering what it'd be like to have a pussy, for example, makes no sense if you think about it--he's not trans, he's just a regular guy who doesn't ever want to be a woman, but he's wondered what it'd be like if he had a vagina. He may as well have said, "I've wondered what it'd be like to have dick fingers" or "nipple knives" or "a healthy, genuine interest in soccer."

When it was brought up later, it was nothing more than a basic bullying tactic--find something out about someone that might embarrass them out of context, and bring it up as an insult. The fact that it was his one-time, fleeting curiosity about having a woman's genitalia doesn't necessarily make it trans-phobic, because at no point was the original comment about being trans. It was just an offhand comment that, out of context, sounds like more than it is.

Stop digging for hidden layers and just be impressed with the writing.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Any giffed Jerry getting teabagged by that alien Cthulhu-kangaroo?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Flawless.

The longer I let it play, the longer I think it still has to play.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

Sometimes science is more art than science.

A lot of people don't get that.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

Based on the grossness of some of the dialog in recent episodes, I wouldn't be surprised if Beth is boning horses or something.

Next season, she changes her name to Catherine.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Maybe I have an irrationally soft spot for Jerry. To me, the repeated, unrelenting, unrepentant abuse of Jerry from the writers (and thus the characters, setting, and everything else on the show) is getting a little old.

I'm finding myself kind-of hoping that by the time Beth realizes that, for whatever horrible reason, she needs Jerry in her life, she'll go to him. And they've been hinting at this a little, what with the horse hoof collages and her other clear signs of having issues dealing with the separation. But, through no effort of his own, Jerry has managed to land a prettier woman with bigger problems with co-dependency, and those problems perfectly fit Jerry's own brand of pathos. And Jerry can't leave her because, reasons--probably she's financially supportive of him--and then Beth learns a lesson in taking things, even piles of poop, for granted.

Because honestly, I'm not really a big fan of Beth. I understand why Rick would take her side 100% of the time, but I don't get why the audience should. She's objectively terrible, and she only looks good when compared to Jerry.

Of course, Rick will do something and Jerry's life will be ruined because Rick & Morty, but hey, it'd be better than watching this particular dead horse continue to get thrashed every week.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Got a real chill remix out of this episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUpBNu6ckfU

I love how "penis in the foreskin" becomes a counterpoint toward the end.

Phylodox posted:

It's good, but it's no I Am Alive.

I don't think there's any topping that jam.

I don't know... I'm partial to Pickle Rick!. I think I like both of those two about the same, actually, followed closely by Noob Noob!.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Mulva posted:

Hey, it's cool, if you couldn't defend someone whose greatest day was busting inside a real doll you probably wouldn't be able to look yourself in the mirror every morning, I totally understand.

Hey now. It wasn't a RealDoll. It was a computer simulation running at minimum capacity.

If he'd stopped and stared at her long enough, she might have twitched. Hell, she might have asked for an apple, Max-Headroom-style.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

No "Welcome to the club, pal!"?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

McDragon posted:

Okay I've been waiting for episodes to get to Netflix up until now but I watched the preview and "everybody gently caress off" made me laugh so much I hunted it down on youtube and I guess that's what I'm doing from now on. What a good loving episode.

Which episode was that? For some reason, I can't associate a single episode with Rick or some other character saying that phrase because it feels like all of them have said that at some point.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

vermin posted:

Whoa, Freudian slip for another character

Oedipal slip.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
The new remix is up:

Outnumbered.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
When Cop Rick declined the bribe and attempted to arrest everybody, I loved how Cop Morty's "S-smartest man in the universe" line sounded exactly like something Rick would say.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I lost it when Morty was asking Rick how long he'd been using the malapropism "take ___ for granite."

Great episode, and I liked it more than I think I would have liked a third Interdimensional Cable. (Though I called House Hunters before the logo was legible on-screen.)

Anyone know what the license plate number on Mr. Moon Man's car was all about? It looked like a reference to something.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

The Glumslinger posted:

Fighting the space worm with the power of love was hilarious

"Excuse me, but I ordered the large evil space worm?"

It was a nice deconstruction of the whole "fight it with love and willpower" trope.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Kelp Plankton posted:

I wonder if this season is just going to kind of end or if there's another story arc coming up

Good question. I think it's easy these days to take the notion that a season will always end with some big story arc for granite.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKSb_79haK4

Not the best one, honestly. I suppose it's hard to do one of these based around an anthology format.

True, but I liked this one more than I liked the last one.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Don't know if this has been linked previously or if you all will even be able to see it (it's blocked in some places), but Meeseeks in Japanese is something that's funny on many, many levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuVLfLeBUn8

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

It's ok if people don't like the same cartoons as you.

Well what do you know. Turns out, Jerry has stairs in his house.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

GoutPatrol posted:

Just watch the jelly bean scene in japanese, then it becomes pretty standard anime fare

Ha. I was thinking the exact same thing.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Postal Parcel posted:

Chris Parnell's characters just seem to always be attracted to strong women

If he ever played the "top" in a heterosexual (or any) relationship, it'd probably come off about as believable as Michael J. Fox as a grizzled American serviceman fighting in Vietnam. (Seriously, watch Casualties of War to see why Fox didn't end up with more dramatic roles. I remember watching it back in the day and thinking, "Wow, Alex P. Keaton is fighting in Vietnam!")

Also, "rainbow-colored duct tape" is a pretty good (and buried) example of the Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking trope.

Go ahead. Click the link. It won't hurt you. No way will you lose a few hours to the void of TV Tropes.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Strobe posted:

Samus is the best Hunter. :colbert:

This is the best post that has ever been made in the SA forums, and the best post that will ever be made in the SA forums. And you can take my word for it, because I've been here for, like, a few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

KoRMaK posted:

Already posted but minus the screenshot which is trigerring the gently caress out of me.

There's gramatical errors, claims of being super intelligent, no SJW stuff but protecting their own version of SJW (incels)

I'm mad at a jpg thanks for that

You mean "There're grammatical errors...,", right? (Or "There are...,", but I use "there're" all the time.)