Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

scary ghost dog posted:

i watched “tales from the loop” recently and it was supposed to be a highbrow thought provoking scifi anthology, and one of the episodes was about a girl who invents a machine that stops time. she uses it to cheat on her boyfriend and the story ends with nothing at all happening with the time stop machine. nobody gets stuck in the stopped time, nothing gets changed by its use. it has no purpose in the plot at all. so, if u ask me, rick & morty is genuinely good scifi because i can trust them to do creative things with boilerplate scifi concepts. if rick and morty had the time stopping device it would probably have an i am legend parody with jerry stuck in stopped time slowly losing his mind, and rick might use a second time stop device while already in the stopped time with an explicit clockstoppers callout. my point is that rick & morty might be derivative at times but it is far from bottom-barrel scifi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IwTK0qdpPA

iron buns fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU