Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

At first I was a little lukewarm about the idea of deconstructing the entire idea of being renewed for 70 episodes, but the segment where Rick cries about Summer going to college then advocates for Believing in Jesus Christ is the best, most cynical take on it that it's perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Ah, I get it now. We're edging towards last season of Moral Orel-levels of cynicism.

Neat.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Argue posted:

It's great how this ep came hot on the heels of the thread talking about having Justin around to keep Dan Harmon in check, because, uh, that was one incredibly Dan Harmon episode and somehow I get the sense that nobody kept him in check for this one.

Rexides posted:

Storylord is literally a Dan Harmon self-insert.

When Rick is looking over the story train schematics, he is making fun of Harmon's "Story Circle" thing.

e: beaten

Dan Harmon went dick first into this script and nobody held him back.

Roiland may have added some bleeps and boops but this was purestrain Harmon self-loathing.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

God drat this show does 9/11 jokes well.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Since San Diego Comic-Con is entirely virtual this year, [Adult Swim] is doing their panels livestreamed.

Rick and Morty's panel is this Friday at 8PM EST / 5PM PST. The panel was always a lot of fun and hilarious in past years, probably second only to Archer's.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Yeah I have a "Solo Mardi Gras" right before bed sometimes when I can't sleep.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

It's completely new, and it's like Harmon and Roiland sent a professional anime studio like a paragraph of what the show is about, sent some style guidelines for the characters, and a list of like 6 major plot points to cover and let the studio fill in the rest in generic anime-style without over-saturating the references to the classics too obviously.

This is a mini-version of the April Fools' "Release Episode Out of Nowhere / Destroy the Last Cliffhanger in Twenty Minutes / Leave Fans Wondering If It's Canon" fuckery.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

The premiere might be one of my favorite episodes. The line deliveries were all perfect and Mr Nimbus as a horny(er) Namor who controls the police through his dick is classic R&M absurdity.

I like that everyone is sort of a little bit over the novelty of sci-fi rigamarole and “just murder the gently caress out of everyone” is a solution to problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Mazerunner posted:

Rick suffers from the inverse ninja law

one Rick is nigh unstoppable, multiple Ricks in the same place increasingly become useless

:hmmyes: