Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I did really enjoy the episode but yea as others have said this felt a bit like that episode of Simpsons where they were singing "have no fears we've got stories for years"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

BrotherJayne posted:

No way, bro!

You gotta pull a Westworld - get super butthurt, then throw your plot into a blender, and pour it out in a strange incoherent puddle

Wait what did they actually do here?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

beanieson posted:

Are you talking about the sopranos? Cause everyone else was talking about Westworld lol

Oh that explains why their reply there is loving baffling.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Eh, I wouldn't say a lot. It hasn't aged well because of poo poo beyond its control but I still think the show was funny for almost its entire run

They clearly mean specifically the special. Hence "thing" singular.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I liked it a lot but yea I did think it was a bit weird that they thought they could kill the parasites without caring at all since we know for a fact the hosts are 100% definitely still alive and still themselves, if you take the parasite off there are no adverse affects whatsoever.

It doesn't really matter, it's just strange that they chose this time to "go wild" with that in mind.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

The planet episode was decent but watching it back to back with the amazing Acid Vat episode really did take the shine off it.
It's a shame there's already only one episode left. i wonder how big the gap between this and the next bunch is going to be?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

That’s all well and good for you to have decided after watching it but it’s 100% being billed and advertised as a science-fiction show.

Yea I'm genuinely glad I read this thread and saw these dissections for Tales from the Loop because even the setting they're using is more about sci-fi concepts and how they relate to us than just regular drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I wonder if Solar Opposites will be on any platforms outside of the US because I'm curious after the people going on about it here.