Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The best part of the episode was Rick poo poo talking the boss rat after nailing it to the loving wall, spewing out a laundry list of basically every cartoon rat villain in animation history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

TheTollie posted:

nice tribute by rick re: dead vindicators

Um. Excuse me. It's "Diablo VERDE".

Racist....

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Typical posted:

Whats up goons, its interesting to read your feedback on the vindicators episode. It actually got cut down quite a bit from its original length. I hope they put the deleted scenes in or something when it goes to DVD. I think you guys would like it. Heres some stuff I did for that episode.

This thing which was only featured for maybe 2 seconds?

And here is the 3d model of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzAdO-gf89Y

oh and these things, which i spent way to much time on because I still can't draw hands.

I did other things as well but nothing that got any amount of screen time.

I like how you see the scrap cardboard and paint of the rainbow hands (I thought they were supposed to be wings) in the background of Rick's drunk rules explanation videos.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Phobophilia posted:

Of course Rick is a cyborg, of course he'd pack himself with as much hidden hardware as can it inside his body.

Except that's not C-137's body. It's one of the council members'. (Of course he could have augmented himself in the meantime, but still.)

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

As Nero Danced posted:

I'm just wondering what this means for the new Anatomy Park. Probably a bunch of new attractions.

1. That's not Anatomy Park Ethan. He got Cronenberg'd.
2. Rick pulled the plug on the project anyway after the committee downvoted Pirates of the Pancreas.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

prefect posted:

I don't trust that girl at the high school who's into docking and watersports. I think she's another government agent. :tinfoil:

It's Trisha; the same girl Ethan dumped Summer for in the last episode.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Abradolf Lincler auf Deutsch!

Edit: Holy poo poo. German Gazorpazorpfield is loving phenominal.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Sep 9, 2017

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Mister Kingdom posted:

What's been the Germans' take on Lincler?

They're on board with it. They basically never miss a chance to dunk on Hitler. For some reason, none of the Synchronsprecher sites have the voice for German Lincler listed. But by ear, it sounds a lot like Martin Wuttke, who you might know from somewhere else.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

BizarroAzrael posted:

What are Rick and Morty talking about afterward? In English it was about Bill Murray and Lorenzo Music, which wouldnt work,here they mention Orlando Bloom?

Morty's talking about how he recognizes the voice and asks whether thats the dude who voices Bill Murry. Rick explains that its the guy who does the voice for Orlando Bloom. (The guy who voices Gazorpazorpfield is Philip Moog who actually is the dude who does the German dubs for Orlando Bloom.) Then he goes into a story about meeting him. Then it goes into the same joke of whether that poo poo is true in the Gazorpazorp reality, and Rick admits he has no idea.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 10, 2017

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

BizarroAzrael posted:

I think this is going to lead me down a Wikipedia rabbit hole, there is one voice actor "assigned" to a given Hollywood actor?

Typically, yes. Most Hollywoo actors have a German voice actor who does most if not all of their dubbings. I'm not sure of the particulars, though. Just that if you watch German versions of a lot of movies, you'll hear the same guys over and over again. The funny part is most German VAs that do this are stand ins for multiple actors, so you'll get times where they're talking to themselves if they happen to cover two major actors in the same film.

Edit: Indeed it is!
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 11, 2017

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

rabble rabble posted:

sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

And sometimes it's a big brown dick!

This episode was amazing. I want this show to never end.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Nail Rat posted:

Did you just not pay attention to the whole "wow a Morty talking that way about other Mortys" "wow a dumbass Rick listening to his sensitivity training" exchange?

He's not going to *burrrrrp*donate. You're pitching the Policeman's Ball to a Black teenager here.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Holy poo poo. I just realized that the taxi that passed Campaign Manager Morty in the opening music sequence stopped to pick up Juggling Rick.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Where's the universe with both eye patches Morty

He's the most evil

I actually found a leak for grown up Evilest Morty.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 15, 2017

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
After rewatching Rickoantis, the scene that hit me the most was the Mortytown Locos bust with Junky Rick. Yeah, infinite Ricks, but seeing the potential for Rick to be a straight up crackhead was something I never really considered even with all his drug and alcohol abuse.

Poor bastard won't be slippin' no more nib-nibs.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'm waiting for the episode where they unceremoniously kill off "our" Rick and just have another one with similar values take over. And I don't mean clone-out-of-a-toxic-version-of-Rick-Rick-that's-not-technically-Rick-anymore-Rick.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The three big :stare: moments for me were:
1. Rick getting mutilated and whipping out a cauterizing robo-limb out of his jacket.
2. Rick killing Kiara's ex who was going after Jerry as a proactive measure to help Jerry.
3. And of course, Beth's nightmare toy box.

So, Rick actually did come out of Whirly Dirly with a respect for Jerry?

Also, they tried the rule of three thing with the muppet-incest-cannibalism thing, and it didn't work. Though, the blase initial rapid fire explanation from Beth and Rick got a laugh out of me.

This episode was definitely more Roiland than Harmon.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Sep 25, 2017

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

moolchaba posted:

That was better than the Mad Max episode, and almost even with Pickle Rick. So the 3rd worst episode of season 3.

I don't understand why everyone hates on the Mad Max episode. I thought it was better than Pickle Rick. I mean, the highlight of each episode was Armothy + Jaguar, respectively, and Morty's C-plot with Armothy was wayyyy more entertaining.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Rexides posted:

People are really insecure about what the media they consume tells the world about themselves, and they want to make sure that THEIR show does not have the Bad Fans.

And this is the moment you realize you're all otaku.

Enjoy!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
AS put up the second "Rick and Morty Origins" video, and it's pretty neat.

Also, I've never looked up Mike Lazzo, and that is somehow exactly how I pictured he would look.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I don't think the episode's gonna have any big reveals about Rick, just Evil Morty.

It isn't going to have Evil Morty in it.

We've already seen that the President mentioned in the title is the Obama stand in from Get Schwifty.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

MariusLecter posted:

Unless it's another Ricklantis Mixup fake out. :tinfoil:

I'd be ok with this.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

axeil posted:

So I just saw on Adultswim they're starting a bunch of replays at 10 PM EST.

Guess what episode they're airing right before the finale at 11:30?

The Ricklantis Mixup

On the AdultSwim stream, they're showing The ABC's of Beth before the finale.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

axeil posted:

Well then. Clearly one of them is lying. We'll know soon!

Also why is a man in a sweater drunkenly rambling right now?

Uhhh. It's the Adult Swim stream? That poo poo is monkey cheese random incarnate and is only half a step above Channel 101.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Eifert Posting posted:

Why would Rick let the clone version of Beth remember the clone conversation? Did it bother anyone else that that was the obvious rebuttal the whole time?

Uhh. The clone conversation predicated the entire decision. She would have had to remember the conversation for the decision to have any meaning especially if she was a clone meant to act just like Beth.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Nevvy Z posted:

Finger prints!

This is exactly what I think of every time this topic comes up. Also,

But you can’t emphasize “beef!” That’s like trying to emphasize “in” before “July.” Come on, fellas! You’re losing your heads!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL at all the big brainy people telling me how uncultured I am without volunteering literally single title for consideration.

You can't give me one book/movie/song that you think might be germane?

House of Leaves? :shrug:

Edit: Wow. I didn't even notice you already mentioned House of Leaves. :negative:

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 7, 2017

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Mantis42 posted:

Its not even the best [as] cartoon.

Uhhh, what? I mean, I could see Venture Brothers.

Or if you're including Toonami,

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

T-man posted:

Whoever came up with "sarcastic brand twitter" needs to be excommunicated from all communication ASAP.

Like, who wants to see this? Who goes on twitter to see funny quips between our corporate overlords?

Edit: You know what? Nevermind.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Nuebot posted:

From what little I've seen of the show, that's literally all it is. I kind of hate the whole magical autist thing in TV shows and movies. My niece is autistic and I can promise you, it doesn't turn people into meat robots with perfect analysis powers.

Autism is the character flaw you take to get bonus Investigator and Skill Focus (non-social) feats. Everyone knows that.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What happens to people when they post poo poo like the original high IQ post, or anything else stupid enough to become a meme? Do they delete the account and live with the secret shame? Every time they see it being mocked, they die a little more inside?

I had one of my best friends post it on Facebook in response to something, and I shamed the gently caress out of him.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

ninjewtsu posted:

Wasn't king of the hill pretty consistently great too

King of the Hill was never great.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Bust Rodd posted:

Remember Tiny Toons? That was probably the very first show ruined by the internet, to the point where Tress Macneille (Babs Bunny et al) was afraid for her life and cancelled all her publicity tours and then the studio wrote a final Halloween special where the villain was a fat nerd internet comic book guy and then they bailed and created Animaniacs in the hopes that less recognizable animal parodies wouldn’t attract such creepy sex weirds.

Literally the internet ruins things because it gives people who rightly kept their terrible gross ideas to themselves now had the same platform as everyone else to share their views and realized they weren’t alone.

And then they created Minerva Mink...

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOtmdHiCJNY

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 7, 2018

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Slightly Absurd posted:

Season 1 of Harmonquest was pretty fun. Seemed like stuff happened pretty regularly, and we had a good mix of guests that either cared too much or not at all. I was kinda "meh" on Season 2

Season 1 was overall better, but Season 2 had the single best episode/guest.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Dienes posted:

I was shocked and appalled that this link didn't go to the Chip episode.

Gillian Jacobs was good. Jason Mantzoukas was better.

Also, Patton Oswalt's song.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Nephthys posted:

I swear it must be the same toxic idiots who migrate from fanbase to fanbase and ruin everything. It's like you can see a clear progression of MLP - Homestuck - Undertale - SU - R&M of something getting popular, getting ruined by the fanbase then a migration on to the next obsession.

BioEnchanted posted:

I mean, I happen to enjoy both, but manage to function in broader society.

T-man posted:

You post on SA, so no, you don't.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
For those who haven’t gotten around to it yet, the commentary on the season 3 Blu-ray is loving on point. A couple episodes even have multiple commentary tracks.

Like, for the season opener, they have one track that is, no poo poo, Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson jawing for 22 minutes, and it is pure :stare:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

PostNouveau posted:

it is a good line because rick does some battlefield medicine with that guy's half a sandwich so it IS that dude's fault

PostNouveau posted:

haha, didn't realize that was a revelation, yeah the pickle that rick staples to himself to fix the hole he got shot in himself is from a half a sandwich he dug out of the garbage.

:tizzy:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49R5W0n9ZPA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

PostNouveau posted:

I swear I read somewhere they were working hard not to return to old premises. They were annoyed that Adult Swim made them do an Interdimensional Cable sequel.

And then we got Morty's Mindblowers.

I don't mind the seasonly clip episode if they can give us a few Two Brothers/Jan Michael Vincent/Squirrel Conspiracy/Ultimate Level clips each episode.