Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«152 »
Sinteres
Mar 26, 2004
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Do better in the future friend.

maskenfreiheit posted:

is it even canon that they're banging

It's canon that you're not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

BB rewatch: Gail has a Ron Paul 2008 sticker in his lab notebook.

I would love to see him next season, he was a fun character.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Haters gonna hate

Konstantin posted:

My guess is that in the next season Jimmy will propose to Kim, she will say no and break up with him, and that will drive him into being Saul Goodman. It's pretty clear that Kim sees it as a "friends with benefits" arrangement, while Jimmy is a lot more serious about the relationship.

You don't usually move in with a friend with benefits.

Nobnob
Nov 24, 2013

It's arousal.

Quite likely to see him once or twice, but I couldn't see how he gets any deeper role yet, given that in BB he only merely started to build on the lab when Walt crashed the party and Better Call Paul is still years before that. Perhaps we see him connected to that scholarship by Fring at some point.

However, was Gail's murder indirectly connected to Irene's revenge on Saul? We don't know.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

I'm very highly educated. I know words, I have the best words...but there's no better word than stupid.

Lipstick Apathy

Didn't see this anywhere, season 4 is official
https://twitter.com/KateAurthur/sta...762629094326272

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

THE CLAMPS!
or clamp like device

Well if BCS really is the third most popular drama on cable, that looks good for its future. I still think they should think about wrapping things up.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Someone in BCS needs to grab their junk and yell "verb this".

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Haters gonna hate

Cojawfee posted:

Well if BCS really is the third most popular drama on cable, that looks good for its future. I still think they should think about wrapping things up.

It's the third most popular in that age group (25-54) not necessarily overall.

I don't see a reason to wrap things up after S4. I'd love to see maybe one more season pre-Breaking Bad (do you really need more Mike once he's on Gus's payroll for good?) and one season post-Breaking Bad. The revenge of Gene.

*possibly* one season that covers the Breaking Bad era more from the perspective of Saul and Mike in an abbreviated fashion, but I don't know how that would play out.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nellie has blown them all away.

I didn't think they'd cancel it, but I thought there was a chance season 4 would be the last season. I imagine low ratings don't mean as much when Netflix is co-financing the series.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

GobiasIndustries posted:

Didn't see this anywhere,

I saw your avatar and my kneejerk reaction was, "What the hell did he tweet now?"

echronorian
Jan 6, 2007

gotta love me

BCS shares a lot of story telling rhythms with breaking bad (when characters die, when others are introduced, certain decision making) and I'm pretty confident we'll see 5 seasons total

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

Konstantin posted:

My guess is that in the next season Jimmy will propose to Kim, she will say no and break up with him, and that will drive him into being Saul Goodman. It's pretty clear that Kim sees it as a "friends with benefits" arrangement, while Jimmy is a lot more serious about the relationship.

...what?

Dr. Tim Whatley
Jun 25, 2012

after an incredibly unsettling dream that involved my bf and a bat and subsequently waking up shaking. I'm done with this show.

Konstantin posted:

goons.txt

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

THE CLAMPS!
or clamp like device

Nail Rat posted:

It's the third most popular in that age group (25-54) not necessarily overall.

I don't see a reason to wrap things up after S4. I'd love to see maybe one more season pre-Breaking Bad (do you really need more Mike once he's on Gus's payroll for good?) and one season post-Breaking Bad. The revenge of Gene.

*possibly* one season that covers the Breaking Bad era more from the perspective of Saul and Mike in an abbreviated fashion, but I don't know how that would play out.

This is what I was saying earlier in the thread. Use season 4 to transform fully to Saul. Maybe don't connect to breaking bad, but end with the same Saul that's in breaking bad. Then get Gene to reconnect with Kim somehow in Omaha.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

I'm very highly educated. I know words, I have the best words...but there's no better word than stupid.

Lipstick Apathy

vermin posted:

I saw your avatar and my kneejerk reaction was, "What the hell did he tweet now?"

Nichael posted:

I didn't think they'd cancel it, but I thought there was a chance season 4 would be the last season. I imagine low ratings don't mean as much when Netflix is co-financing the series.

Yeah I was wondering about that as well, I think we need at least 2 more seasons to wrap up the story in a satisfying way so I'm glad next season won't be the last unless literally nobody watches it.

Sinteres
Mar 26, 2004
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Do better in the future friend.

Cojawfee posted:

This is what I was saying earlier in the thread. Use season 4 to transform fully to Saul. Maybe don't connect to breaking bad, but end with the same Saul that's in breaking bad. Then get Gene to reconnect with Kim somehow in Omaha.

Or they'd just find a way to shove a bunch of old Breaking Bad characters into the narrative. Ever wonder what happened to Jesse? He's working at a Hot Topic in the next store over, and Gene has to hide behind a trash can so he doesn't blow his cover. Marie also steals a cell phone from a kiosk.

skull mask mcgee
Nov 14, 2016

Sinteres posted:

Or they'd just find a way to shove a bunch of old Breaking Bad characters into the narrative. Ever wonder what happened to Jesse? He's working at a Hot Topic in the next store over, and Gene has to hide behind a trash can so he doesn't blow his cover. Marie also steals a cell phone from a kiosk.

I'm down for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

For that you get the head...

The tail...

The whole damned thing.

Nail Rat posted:

That could be an interesting direction to take the series and still be able to circumvent the obvious aging of the main actors while still shoe horning in a few popular cameos. "While Walt and Hank were doing x, Gus, Saul and Mike were doing y."

I like it.

As well as the idea of a sequel and setting some of it after the events of BB, maybe as snippets or as part of the cold open, but then you have no Mike, Hector or Gus to work with so mileage may vary with how much you can do.

«152 »