Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sout
Apr 24, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

I'm thinking Chuck is saying it has to be a secret to keep Ernesto from bringing it up to Jimmy.

It seems like Chuck deliberately set it up so he would hear that part exactly, though, but if he doesn't want Jimmy to somehow hear about the tape I'm not sure yet why he'd want to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yeah, it did seem suspect that it was set to exactly that moment where Jimmy confesses. It could be that Chuck wants Ernesto to bring it up to someone.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
With how calculating Chuck has been about this whole thing, it wouldn't surprise me if his panicked spiel about confidentiality was designed to get Ernesto to talk and start muddying the waters around Jimmy, but it's questionable how he could guarantee Ernesto would trigger the play button by changing the batteries on the recorder.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The play button was pressed and the recorder was facing down so Ernesto wouldn't see it.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

One of the several reasons I personally was a little confused about the gas caps is because I was assuming it was original put there on the burner car at the same time the horn honking happened, so the car switch made no sense.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Chuck even did a little hell yeah flip with the wooden tongs or whatever that thing is he uses to interact with the tape recorder after Ernesto had left. Dude knows Ernie lied to him in the hospital to cover for Jimmy being at the coffee shop, remember? He wants Ernie to freak out and go to Jimmy.
...I think if Hamlin ever finds out that Chuck is roping the kid who has to deal with all his brokebrained bullshit into his crazy gambit that that's going to be the moment where he decides to cut Chuck loose. I can't imagine he signed onto this plan.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Chuck wants Jimmy to do something really stupid that he can catch him red-handed in once Jimmy hears about the tape. Jimmy will hear about the tape because Ernesto's loyalties have always swung closer to Jimmy than Chuck.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

The play button was pressed and the recorder was facing down so Ernesto wouldn't see it.

Oh poo poo, you're right! :aaaaa:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Both plot threads involved tricking someone into changing out a battery. Chuck was deceiving Ernie as much as Mike was deceiving whoever was tracking him.

Sort of annoyed that I get to be worried about Gene all season now. I doubt he died but he's probably sick or something.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

drunken officeparty posted:

I know the answer is "because the tv people don't want to do it", but couldn't that tape get Saul disbarred at least? It doesn't need to be criminally provable to do that as far as I know

I'm not sure about state law but in Calfornia, not only could it not be used like that, Chuck could literally be brought up on charges for a concealed recording.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Chuck wants Jimmy to do something really stupid that he can catch him red-handed in once Jimmy hears about the tape. Jimmy will hear about the tape because Ernesto's loyalties have always swung closer to Jimmy than Chuck.

I loved the subtle detail of him seeing Chuck having a hard time and trying to duck out of sight before being called.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Anyone feels like theorising about Gene fainting?
It seemed to be stress related, but I'm sure there are weird theories out there.

E: here's one to get started: Walt poisoned Saul with ricin.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 11, 2017

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Lung cancer

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'm not sure about state law but in Calfornia, not only could it not be used like that, Chuck could literally be brought up on charges for a concealed recording.

In some states it'd be fine, only one party in a conversation needs to consent to recording, in this case Chuck, and I think New Mexico is one of those places and this was looked up last season...yeah, and in fact with an in-person conversation consent isn't necessary at all in New Mexico BUT this is from a law from 2012, not 2002, which I'm having a difficult time finding information for.

It seemed to be stress related, but I'm sure there are weird theories out there.

Like I said, I'm worried about it, but I think it was probably stress but possibly could be something like cancer. In which case he knows what to do.

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

The podcast is up.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Gene had been secretly munching on the merchandise and developed diabetes.

^^wait what, what am I doing in here?!

Trollipop
Apr 10, 2007

hippin and hoppin
I loved the opening. DON'T SAY ANYTHING, GET A LAWYER! I felt legit sad for Gene/Saul :(

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013

Brightman posted:

In some states it'd be fine, only one party in a conversation needs to consent to recording, in this case Chuck, and I think New Mexico is one of those places and this was looked up last season...yeah, and in fact with an in-person conversation consent isn't necessary at all in New Mexico BUT this is from a law from 2012, not 2002, which I'm having a difficult time finding information for.

Around here (Georgia) it's legal for one party to record a conversation without the other party's consent. BUT, it's considered unethical for a lawyer to do it, and some Court's won't allow a recording made by a lawyer into evidence.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Rassle posted:

The podcast is up.
I'm not seeing it here.

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I'm not seeing it here.

Try here.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The petrol cap thing was not confusing at all, hell even my girlfriend managed to figure it out

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Oh wow, I missed that. That Chuck's a real bastard, isn't he?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

fridge corn posted:

The petrol cap thing was not confusing at all, hell even my girlfriend managed to figure it out

Wow! Good for her man!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

fridge corn posted:

Lol women and their pea brains

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
hey guys i'm confused, what did it say on the transmitter? i think it said "i acquit"

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I could honestly watch Mike Ehrmantraut figure things out while taking apart stuff and putting them back together without saying a word for an entire hour and be completely 100% entertained.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Mike's Unboxing Videos. Subscribed.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

His channel would also need videos of him just sitting by a window in a dim room eating nuts before I subscribe.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I know the thread hates Chuck with a passion, but I can't imagine the show without him. He's such a rat bastard and Michael McKean's performance is fantastic.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

Nope. Lily of the Valley. Old lady mentioned it and everything.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I know the thread hates Chuck with a passion, but I can't imagine the show without him. He's such a rat bastard and Michael McKean's performance is fantastic.

No one's saying he's a bad character. Just a bad person.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Big Mean Jerk posted:

So long as we can differentiate between character and actor there's no problem.
Now watch some rear end in a top hat on 4chan threaten to kill Michael McKean IRL.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

So long as we can differentiate between character and actor there's no problem.
Now watch some rear end in a top hat on 4chan threaten to kill Michael McKean IRL.

He'll have to get through Sir Christopher Guest first! Hopefully the rear end in a top hat's farther is still kicking.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

TheAwfulWaffle posted:

Around here (Georgia) it's legal for one party to record a conversation without the other party's consent. BUT, it's considered unethical for a lawyer to do it, and some Court's won't allow a recording made by a lawyer into evidence.

Also, all Jimmy has to do is say he told Chuck it happened "exactly as you described" to hopefully make him feel better since he was clearly having a severe breakdown, and Hamlin can attest to this.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Something tells me Ernesto isn't going to live that long.

Next week of Better Call Mike looks amazing, too.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Add me to the list of people who could sit and watch Mike potter around like a baleful gnome tinkering with stuff and playing headgames with the Gus's minions in silence all episode.

Also his youtube channel needs to review different brands of pimento cheese. Which gets the Ehrmantraut seal of approval? Like and subscribe to find out.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I can't loving believe it! I got cheddar cheese and pimentos in my refrigerator and I haven't thought about making pimento cheese!
I'll rectify this situation tomorrow.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I think chuck is good.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
In my headcanon Gene's last name is Parmesan.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

He's got some bad news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

I thought he was that guy!

• Locked thread