Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
So, I purchased the season thru psn and the new episode is not up yet. Before the memorial weekend break, new episodes were up by Monday at midnight. What gives? Not sure where to direct my issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm not in love with this season, as much as I want to be. But, still glad it's here. Very far out prediction: the vacuum guy meets Saul and nacho and nacho disappears, series finale we've jumped forward, somehow nacho and Saul end up in a scene reminiscent of their first time in the desert.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I think this show is going off the rails

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Anyone else feeling a little over it? I didn't like Jimmy going back on his old lady double cross and undoing all the work of this season to show him slide into Sauls shoes, Chuck killing himself felt out of place, Mike did nothing this season (let's be honest he's the loveable heart of this show) and though I like nacho his Storyline with Salamanca took so many episodes to get where you know it'll go.

BBs greatest strengths were playing with your expectations, always feeling like the characters are smart, and keeping the castlist tight with lots of unexpected criss crossing. I'm not feeling those strengths here at all. I feel like they don't know where to go with this plot and it has no intersectionality anymore (other than characters eventually showing up on BB). At first everyone was intersecting and though it was a hard sell, I believed it that Jimmy met Mike at the gate and Tuco tried to kill him, but now it's as stretched thin as Game of Thrones. You've got all these characters that met a few times they're still all getting camera time, but why? Other than the fact it's a prequel? It's extremely well made, and well acted, but it's feeling a bit.. Self serving at this point and less and less does it stand on its own.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

FuhrerHat posted:

I'm still really taken out of the writing by Gus' stupid little speech to his workers.
To reiterate: "Those bad guys were the Mexican Mafia!! But don't worry friends... I didn't pay them. We are all safe, here, in my lovely fast food restaurant."

Yawn. Nothing in the BCS universe makes sense.

lol

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
We didn't see Gail die so he's alive

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

whalesteak posted:

We've got 10 months to burn, what else are we gonna do with our time?

It's not getting renewed

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
BCS shares a lot of story telling rhythms with breaking bad (when characters die, when others are introduced, certain decision making) and I'm pretty confident we'll see 5 seasons total

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I hope we get two, maybe three more seasons. I can't imagine how a lawyer might become crooked,I mean it's an absolutely mad thought to think. BB was so predictable, chemistry teacher gets cancer and cooks meth yaaaaawn show me how a lawyer could possibly be corrupted I simply have no idea

• Locked thread