Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
I was thinking the other day about what I originally thought when I heard they were making this show- that it would be the adventures of Saul Goodman, pre-Breaking Bad- but still Saul Goodman. So reverse CSI, where he's just a corrupt lawyer and you have a client-of-the-week that he has to get off in a fun conniving way.

Still pleased as pie with the show as it is, but I can't help but hope that we at least get a few episodes of the above too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

Last Chance posted:

I hope the show never becomes this "reverse-CSI" you speak of. That sounds terrible
In Vince Gilliagan's hands I'd trust it.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
So Kim leaving his life is clearly going to be a breaking point for Jimmy turning full on Saul. Anyone want to start a pool on whether she:

- dies
- leaves him because he goes to far this time!
- ends up in prison because of working with him somehow

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
You know it's a good show when even when the bad guys plan comes crashing down on him, you can't help but take pity. They built up just enough of the background and then brought almost every part of it back here in Chuck's rant that it's really not hard to see from his why he doesn't want Jim doin' law. He's been a dick about it, but it's understandable.

It's also kinda sad because I mean, who else does he have in his life at this point?

I don't think he's surviving through to the season's end.

clown shoes posted:

I just went back to check, Chuck messed up the bank branch address during his meltdown.

:wow:

EatinCake fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 9, 2017

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
Is it possible for the board to strip away Chuck's license from this somehow? Or maybe the bad PR from it alone might force Hamlin's hand muscling him out. They seemed to hint that was a possibility earlier.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
Getting into a car crash that severe is a pretty legit reason to miss a meeting. While the client probably won't be happy, she can probably rebound pretty well with Mesa... depending on how severe the injuries are. Also depends if she claims someone cut her off or something.

Jimmy conning that old lady out of friends was hard to watch. :smith: What a bummer of an episode for literally every major character.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
Strange to me that folks think having him step back some of his manipulation of old ladies was a bad, uncharacteristic moment.

Chuck lays it out pretty plainly in his little rant that this is part of the pattern- Jim needs something, he recklessly manipulates people to get it, he hurts them, he feels remorse and tries to do right, he eventually needs something again. This isn't a misstep at all, but rather just another cycle, and a great way to show us that Kim's his anchor. If he slipped this bad over the past two episodes, it's pretty safe to assume her leaving him for **reason** will be what allows him to become the bb Saul.

My favorite thread of this show is that Jimmy is a really great filmographer and could have probably made a good career with that had he been driven down that path.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Nacho's machinations against Hector sort of came out of nowhere and the payoff was delivered to us far too cleanly compared to how these things usually go in this world.

Hard disagree there- they make it pretty clear early on Nacho is clever, not thrilled about working for Salamanca, and loves his pa. Between all those things, the risks he takes to save his pa follow logically enough.

His plot went off pretty cleanly, but to be fair it was a pretty clever plan. Hector didn't intend to need hospitalization, and as Gus says, none of the cartel dudes are going to want to stick around when the ambulance arrives. Also, the universe is random! One thing that's great about this show is that it really could have gone either way- Nacho nearly kills Hector, or Nacho get's caught and is killed by Hector. So long as things don't always go right, a show's protagonists can have a victory or two every so often.

Other points are fine tho.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

Accretionist posted:

Hamlin: Still a classy fella.

I like how this show presents him as "not really someone you'd want to hang out with" but "a reasonable if stiff" person.

Also, in in the insider podcast Bob Odenkirk muses about the possibility that Jimmy marries Kim and she just lives in a different state during the events of BB that he drives up to every weekend to meet with. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

Vegetable posted:

Michael McKean got snubbed big time from the Emmys. No nomination for him. Instead Jonathan Banks get a nod in Supporting Actor.

Yeah, what on earth. Are these awards for the season before this one? Banks all but disappeared by the end of the season.

• Locked thread