Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
With how calculating Chuck has been about this whole thing, it wouldn't surprise me if his panicked spiel about confidentiality was designed to get Ernesto to talk and start muddying the waters around Jimmy, but it's questionable how he could guarantee Ernesto would trigger the play button by changing the batteries on the recorder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

The play button was pressed and the recorder was facing down so Ernesto wouldn't see it.

Oh wow, I missed that. That Chuck's a real bastard, isn't he?

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I know the thread hates Chuck with a passion, but I can't imagine the show without him. He's such a rat bastard and Michael McKean's performance is fantastic.

We love to hate him. He's the best actor on the show and is an amazing foil (:rimshot:) for Jimmy.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Better Call Saul Season 3: This guy really doesn't wanna talk about Cracker Barrel.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Barreft posted:

Gus absolutely is on to Mike, we'll find out next week what the cell phone call is, but yeah it's a test.

The fact that the SUV made itself clear to be shady and not even attempt to hide itself, they even bothered to show the front of the car stay visible while Mike watched, plus Gus knowing Mike was watching him. Gus is great at this poo poo man, Breaking Bad showed that.

I loved Mike's resigned "Yeah" when he picked up the phone, knowing he was beat. He bought into his own hype for a minute and thought he got the cartel to make a careless mistake, but once he was alone in the middle of nowhere, it started to hit him that he had been played. Again, Jimmy and Mike's stories parallel each other with each one overconfident in their control of a situation and rushing into a trap from their nemesis.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Nail Rat posted:

So at this point from Breaking Bad the show has

Mike
Mike's daughter in law
Jimmy
Francesca
Tuco
Hector Salamanca
Gus
Victor
rear end in a top hat bluetooth guy
Tyrus
Huell
Lydia
Krazy 8
Don Eladio
Dr. Goodman (the guy who saves Gus and Mike)

The black market gun salesman.

I was thinking Tyrus was the most egregious "clearly way older in the prequel" guy, but I immediately forgot and forgave that with Lydia's cameo.

Gus and his 'partner' made meth well before Gale and Walt ever came into the picture, so buying the laundry facility now makes some sense. The biggest issue is how that gets up and running successfully enough to get Gus' partner killed before Hector has a debilitating stroke (which is looking more imminent). I trust Gilligan and co. to make it work, though.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Kim having regrets about Chuck while Jimmy still wants to put the boots to him is a good source of tension. It's going to be so sad to watch Jimmy and Kim drift apart because Jimmy lets his hate for Chuck overtake his love for Kim.

Kim getting triggered by the Mesa Verde lawyer making fun of Chuck was a great scene.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Riptor posted:

Love how they established the jump-cut-means-a-quick-nap thing a few episodes ago to set up the crash

Yeah, I thought that too. The car crash was super obvious, but I liked the way they shot it.

So much great stuff in this episode. The crash and Jimmy's absurdly long and detailed con of that poor old lady stand out, but every other scene was loaded with tension. The early scene where Kim *almost* crashed into an oil derrick, Hamlin squaring off with both McGills, Nacho having to confront his dad, Hector almost stroking out in front of Gus, and Mike signing his soul away... You could just see everyone heading down a dark path, all the while convincing themselves it was for the best, unable to see that it's already too late.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

RedSpider posted:

This show needs to be 13 episodes a season like BB was. Ten 43-minute episodes simply doesn't cut it; especially with all the different characters in the show now, and it shows.

This is very true. I didn't mind the first two seasons being 10 episodes given how relatively little plot movement there was, but nothing has really had time to breathe this season. A couple extra episodes would really benefit Nacho's dilemma and Jimmy's slide into darkness. Depending on how the finale goes, I might have to add the Chuck/Howard feud to that list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

See with more episodes per season, that could've been a cold open.

• Locked thread